PDA

View Full Version : jimmy 1111

rebecca22
07-17-2003, 12:27 PM
It's not very hard to notice that alot of posts refere to jimmy as being about only Maynard, his childhood, Ohio, his Mommy and Daddy, 11 yrs old. Simple. One track minded.

Think about Merkaba. What is the Merkaba? 11 is the focus. The gateway. 11:11. jimmy, mm, 1111. Are you a lightworker?

Think of the twin towers for a moment, the attack on 9-11. 11 is a dominate number in the administration's scheme. Recognize patterns. Try and read between the lines. 11 22 33.

Looque
08-01-2003, 12:44 PM
You're going to have to explain that a little more in-depth. Is there numerological significance to 1111? If so, what is it? And what patterns to the administration's "scheme" might you be referring to? Also, what connection are we to draw between the twin towers' tragedy, the administration's "scheme," and "jimmy?" Elaborate, please.

Luke
------
Only this one holy medium brings me peace of mind.

rebecca22
08-02-2003, 10:48 AM
"[QUOTE=Looque]You're going to have to explain that a little more in-depth. Is there numerological significance to 1111? If so, what is it?"

-I suggest that you type "11:11" into your favorite search engine. This way you can read through many other people's opinions, and in turn decide for yourself what it means to you. Yes, there is a numerological signifigance to 11:11 for some. To others, it's a symbol which functions as a gateway. Usually, people discover it on their own, through their own personal expirience. Not everybody sees, or is ment to see, or even pays attention to the signs.

"And what patterns to the administration's "scheme" might you be referring to? Also, what connection are we to draw between the twin towers' tragedy, the administration's "scheme," and "jimmy?" Elaborate, please."

-There are many life altering events taking place around the world at this very moment that are connected to some extent. Most of these events can be broken down into patterns if you look hard enough. This is because these seemingly random events are manufactured by a select few. To list them all would be feeding you what you can see on your own. However, I can tell you that 11 was a dominate number on the 9-11 attack. If you would like to look for yourself, I suggest you start at www.InfoWars.com. Download "The Road To Tyranny", it's free to veiw. Then decide for yourself.

I am not suggesting that there is a direct connection between "Jimmy" and the twin towers. I am saying that 11:11 is a significant number and symbol that represents a movement into the future of our world as we know it.

Elgyn
08-02-2003, 10:36 PM
Thanks for that info rebecca.
Thats pretty much what I was after. I read through a lot of info about the number and its very interested to see a link here. It would make sense that this may be what Jimmy is based around, because associations are also made between "heading home", with the number 11. Tool also tends to pick up on these ocult style phenomenons (such as 46 + 2), so its not entirely unfeasible.

I wasn't having a go at your ideas, I was just wondering if there was any more substance to it, so thanks for showing me. I found it very interesting.

Elgyn
08-03-2003, 08:45 PM
hehe...
just a funny thought,
I heard Maynard mention 1:11, and 5:55 in an interview, just today. Strange how that should have popped up. Perhaps its more than coincidence. Normally that wouldn't have meant anything to me, but a day after I hear about it, I see the interview.

Synchronicity?

worm
08-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Im not disregarding any theorys on jimmy and the significants of 1111. I read that numbers and time are actually considered in the philosophical world as baing "false." Because humans came up with both concepts and that they arent true because we are not perfect beings, thus cannot create a perfectection; such as numbers and time.
So that 1111, or 11, or anything that could be conected with it like 9-11 and others are coiencidences because numbers are only a concept in our own minds and arent true anywhere else except in theory.

If that makes any sense at all

rebecca22
08-04-2003, 11:42 AM
Im not disregarding any theorys on jimmy and the significants of 1111. I read that numbers and time are actually considered in the philosophical world as baing "false." Because humans came up with both concepts and that they arent true because we are not perfect beings, thus cannot create a perfectection; such as numbers and time.
So that 1111, or 11, or anything that could be conected with it like 9-11 and others are coiencidences because numbers are only a concept in our own minds and arent true anywhere else except in theory.

If that makes any sense at all

Worm, I see where you are coming from, but my beleifs are not based merely on numbers that are only a concept in our own mind.

To say numbers are all in our minds is to say life is all in our minds.

You see, there is an obvious cycle to life. It happens to fertile females every month, with the moon. It happens to all of us, everyday, every night, every day... there is a cycle, a spiral, time. there are patterns. We simply use numbers, that we name, to map them, to identify them.

9-11 however, was calculated. They used the numbers to construct their plan.

Looque
08-06-2003, 04:28 PM
I suggest you start at www.InfoWars.com. Download "The Road To Tyranny", it's free to veiw. Then decide for yourself.

I tried to find the free video you mentioned above, but only found the page to purchase it for $25.95. Am I just overlooking the correct page of InfoWars, or is it not actually available for free viewing? I'd like to see it.

rebecca22
08-07-2003, 10:31 AM
I tried to find the free video you mentioned above, but only found the page to purchase it for $25.95. Am I just overlooking the correct page of InfoWars, or is it not actually available for free viewing? I'd like to see it.

Hi. The actual video is not free, but you can download 40 mins of it for free. here's how:

Go to www.infowars.com.

Click on "videos" from the list to your left on the homepage.

Once there, scroll down just below the pictures to the words highlighted in yellow.

check out the two side by side yellow boxes with words highlighted in blue.

click on the one that says, "Watch 40 min.......thanks to defenders of freedom.org"

There ya go.

You can also click on the top of the homepage to listen to Alex Jones radio broadcast for free.

Windir
08-07-2003, 11:30 AM
'11' is the number of the man!

paraflux
08-18-2003, 11:10 AM
Rebecca,
So you are saying this song, Jimmy, although obviously a reference can be made to Maynard's childhood, is a metaphor for something else?
Yes, there are a lot of references to 11"11 on the web. But dont believe everything you read.

BTW I have read through most of your posts. You sound like an elitist know-it-all. If you have evidence, or backing, for the words you say, use links to let us know where you get your information from. Other than that, stop using phrases like... "Simple. One track minded" and "I dont care what you hear when you listen to Eulogy, its like this..." (paraphrased).
Actually, if you look at the two examples I have given of your words, they seem to contradict each other. On one hand you think people have one track minds and on the other you think they think too much. Which is it? Are we allowed to see the metaphors in Eulogy? Are we allowed to think that Jimmy is in reference to Maynard's childhood, therefore giving us some closures concerning our own childhoods?

rebecca22
09-13-2003, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=paraflux]Rebecca,
So you are saying this song, Jimmy, although obviously a reference can be made to Maynard's childhood, is a metaphor for something else?

"Yes"

Yes, there are a lot of references to 11"11 on the web. But dont believe everything you read.

"Yes, but what you have stated can be taken both ways, you know? Personally, I believe that there is alot to be seen and found that has been well hidden. I believe that if you have the means, you should not turn your back on the signs, and instead follow them to the truth. i believe they are there for the purpose of finding the truth. If you refuse them, then expect ignorance."

BTW I have read through most of your posts. You sound like an elitist know-it-all. If you have evidence, or backing, for the words you say, use links to let us know where you get your information from.

I am definantly no elitist know it all. I actually feel bad for those who lead their lives by someone elses hand, and I don't want to be that way. Of course I have evidence and backing to what I say, I may speak my opinions, but when it comes to factual truths, i do not speak falsely, I can assure you that. There are many sites I go and have gone to, many books I have read. If I posted them all hear, I would rather just make my own site. But why? It would further complicate what I have been attempting to simplify, not really to guide others at this time allthough i am willing to help, but for myself. I have been trying to climb to the top of this heap of distractions, to find the source of it all, that is all. I apologize if I came across in that manner, i post hear but not as if my life depends on it, you know? I just make statements, I had no idea that people would get so rowdy, maybe it's the truth calling to you all from outside the veil, but i am human just like you. I don't claim to be more than that."

Other than that, stop using phrases like... "Simple. One track minded" and "I dont care what you hear when you listen to Eulogy, its like this..." (paraphrased).

"I am not going to stop doing anything that I choose to do because for now, i have free will, I will do what I see fit to further my quest for knowledge, that is my right. Do not add words or say I have said what I have not said. I do not misquote you so do me the same"

Actually, if you look at the two examples I have given of your words, they seem to contradict each other. On one hand you think people have one track minds and on the other you think they think too much. Which is it?

"Why is it that you care? actually, it's both!"

Are we allowed to see the metaphors in Eulogy? Are we allowed to think that Jimmy is in reference to Maynard's childhood, therefore giving us some closures concerning our own childhoods?

"Of course! hey, see what you want to see, it's your choice. Though I really think people should stop referenceing to their own lives because it really blocks them off from the possibilities around them"

paraflux
09-17-2003, 08:15 AM
[QUOTE=paraflux]
Other than that, stop using phrases like... "Simple. One track minded" and "I dont care what you hear when you listen to Eulogy, its like this..." (paraphrased).

"I am not going to stop doing anything that I choose to do because for now, i have free will, I will do what I see fit to further my quest for knowledge, that is my right. Do not add words or say I have said what I have not said. I do not misquote you so do me the same"

Actually, if you look at the two examples I have given of your words, they seem to contradict each other. On one hand you think people have one track minds and on the other you think they think too much. Which is it?

"Why is it that you care? actually, it's both!"

I do not misquote you. If the word "paraphrase" is involved that does mean it is not a direct quote. And yes, you have a choice, but I would think you would want to make the choice that allows you to speak to people on a lateral scale, not a condescending one. That was my point. How does talking to people this way and telling people that they have one track minds, and that they are dumbasses, further your "quest for knowledge?"

I care because people have to be accountable for what they say. You contradict yourself. Therefore the value of your words diminishes.

reddish
09-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Worm, I see where you are coming from, but my beleifs are not based merely on numbers that are only a concept in our own mind.

To say numbers are all in our minds is to say life is all in our minds.

You see, there is an obvious cycle to life. It happens to fertile females every month, with the moon. It happens to all of us, everyday, every night, every day... there is a cycle, a spiral, time. there are patterns. We simply use numbers, that we name, to map them, to identify them.

9-11 however, was calculated. They used the numbers to construct their plan.
Do you post while "cycling" or are you just the rude, arrogant know it all you sound like.

Also, Osama thought of himself as this almighty great leader of the muslim people. He wanted to do something, that would have emotional signifigance (thousands died), economical signifigance (trade center), and at he same time seem mystical and hurt our pride. He probably thought of the 11:11 stuff when he planned it. The attacks sound like they fullfill a biblical prophesy as well.
Fate didn't cause this to happen, neither did the biblical writers know about it. Osama was just a rather well educated influential man who happened to be crazy.

jpmanson
09-18-2003, 12:19 AM
anyone with an understanding of real number theory will understand that numerology is a bunch of shit..

id go into it a bit more, but why should i bother?

Fatman
09-18-2003, 03:14 AM
hehe...
just a funny thought,
I heard Maynard mention 1:11, and 5:55 in an interview, just today. Strange how that should have popped up. Perhaps its more than coincidence. Normally that wouldn't have meant anything to me, but a day after I hear about it, I see the interview.

Synchronicity?
Hah, I've seen that too, I was gonna mention it until I saw your post, maybe there is a link between the two?

rebecca22
10-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Read my words as you fucking please.

Where do you get your information from, huh? CNN, you fucking sheep. You just Bahhh back the same bullshit story they feed you. Who do you think funded Al Quaeda? Try doing some real fucking research into the truth and think for your fucking self. Who's father made a speach on 9/11/91 about a new fucking world order? Following prophecy like a script if it suits them to do so. It's an excuse for sheep like you to beg for security by giving up your liberty. Were you first in line to be biometrically scanned at the dmv? Another satisfied digital angel customer...

P.S. get your facts straight when your speaking about other people's opinions, 11:11 is a calling, on the other hand, 11, 22, 33, are masonic number symbols

Do you post while "cycling" or are you just the rude, arrogant know it all you sound like.

Also, Osama thought of himself as this almighty great leader of the muslim people. He wanted to do something, that would have emotional signifigance (thousands died), economical signifigance (trade center), and at he same time seem mystical and hurt our pride. He probably thought of the 11:11 stuff when he planned it. The attacks sound like they fullfill a biblical prophesy as well.
Fate didn't cause this to happen, neither did the biblical writers know about it. Osama was just a rather well educated influential man who happened to be crazy.

reddish
10-09-2003, 12:56 AM
Read my words as you fucking please.

Where do you get your information from, huh? CNN, you fucking sheep. You just Bahhh back the same bullshit story they feed you. Who do you think funded Al Quaeda? Try doing some real fucking research into the truth and think for your fucking self. Who's father made a speach on 9/11/91 about a new fucking world order? Following prophecy like a script if it suits them to do so. It's an excuse for sheep like you to beg for security by giving up your liberty. Were you first in line to be biometrically scanned at the dmv? Another satisfied digital angel customer...

P.S. get your facts straight when your speaking about other people's opinions, 11:11 is a calling, on the other hand, 11, 22, 33, are masonic number symbols
Who planned the attack doesn't affect what I said. I don't beg for security, or support George Bush. You can call me a sheep if you want, since I called you a know-it-all.

I think Maynard wrote it about his childhood and pointed out the fact that he was 11, to give the song more signifigance. The idea of reconnecting with his father, and becoming a better person would work for either interpretation. So I'll agree to disagree, unless you disagree about that.

I understand the 11:11 theory. I just don't believe it.

P.S. That was a mistake. Sorry.

Thrakandor
10-09-2003, 01:55 AM
Yar.

jimmy seems to be about reunification, or unification.

Consequently -

Two halves or separates becoming a whole; two ones becoming a whole.

One and one, or 1 and 1, becoming one.

AllforUnity
10-11-2003, 01:06 AM
l like the theory that when his mom was diagnosed with that disease it was when he was 11...Maybe they thought she was going to die. Or maybe he missed her at the hospital...

l just like this song alot because it's obviously a personal matter to Maynard...when the song title is jimmy, and if you think about James, it suits.

rebecca22
10-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Yar.

jimmy seems to be about reunification, or unification.

Consequently -

Two halves or separates becoming a whole; two ones becoming a whole.

One and one, or 1 and 1, becoming one.

If you do your own research, via the internet or otherwise, you will come to find that 11:11 means reunification, that's the whole point. If you see 1111, it's a calling. Asking the lightworkers to wake up and return home.

You may come across sites that note someone as a leader of the 1111 gateway of merkaba, as a pastor or preist heads a church. Keep in mind that the 1111 is a calling to you personally, as an individual. You can always choose to choose for yourself.

rebecca22
10-15-2003, 05:27 PM
l like the theory that when his mom was diagnosed with that disease it was when he was 11...Maybe they thought she was going to die. Or maybe he missed her at the hospital...

l just like this song alot because it's obviously a personal matter to Maynard...when the song title is jimmy, and if you think about James, it suits.

That's fine for you. Many others here have choosen to believe just that. It's easy to stick to what's literal. It's easy to hear about Maynard's personal life and draw your own conclusions.

I have heard Maynard mention that who he is personally is not so significant to what the music means to the listeners. Jimmy is short for James, and so is Jim. So you have scratched the surface. But if you look at the word itself in a more creative light, you will see that the mm in Jimmy can very well stand for mm=1111, or in other words, The light within Maynard, and all of Tool.

reedc33
10-17-2003, 05:32 PM
www.1111.com.tw

Tantobourne
10-17-2003, 10:16 PM
fuckshithell.

I read this thread earlier in the evening and applied my non-chalant shrug.

And then....

I went to the micro to pull out the re-heated spaghetti and on a chance glance notice that the clock on the microwave read...

you guessed it: 11:11

A shiver went down my spine.

Then I slipped the saran-wrap off my spaghetti, sprinkled some parm on top and mixed it up.

I'm just going to sit here now and ponder this fantastic occurance...along with other times that I've happened to notice like 7:47, 7:11, 3:11 or 4:20.

But most of all what I'll think about while slurping on my spasghetti are those times when I wake up mere SECONDS before my alarm goes off. Now THAT really fucks with me.

...peace and blessed be...

holyfuck...I did it again...it's 11:24 and I was surfing through a journal and the person's birthdate was...get this...

yep, you guessed it: 11-11

I'm starting to get suspicious now...

reedc33
10-18-2003, 05:12 AM
Yeah...it couldn't be coincidence.

I notice numbers alot too. 13 has a recurring theme in my life, so I took it as my lucky number. I have no idea what that means. But tell me, what does it really matter if I look at the microwave clock and it says 11:11? Once again, does anybody REALLY know what time it is? Does anybody care?

La_te_ra_lus
10-18-2003, 06:25 AM
CHRIST! can we just enjoy the song and not make a huge fucking song and dance about it? its there to be listened to, not talked about endlessly. Rebecca talks shit--that stuff about numbers is just crap. COINCIDENCE. Now shut the fuck up.

Tantobourne
10-18-2003, 08:44 AM
CHRIST! can we just enjoy the song and not make a huge fucking song and dance about it? its there to be listened to, not talked about endlessly. Rebecca talks shit--that stuff about numbers is just crap. COINCIDENCE. Now shut the fuck up.Excuse me La_te_ra_lus but you wouldn't happen to know what time it is would you? Please...please tell me you care. I know I do.

*pulls out his frog legs, tophat and cane*

Hello mah baby, hello mah darling, hello my ragtime gaaalllll..

*dances of the stage and then dances back onto the stage*

Why did you spell out Lateralus the way you did? Is there some hidden, other meaning to it?

*dances back off the stage kicking his legs*

-MeEp

rebecca22
10-18-2003, 01:09 PM
fuckshithell.

And then....

I went to the micro to pull out the re-heated spaghetti and on a chance glance notice that the clock on the microwave read...

Then I slipped the saran-wrap off my spaghetti, sprinkled some parm on top and mixed it up.

I'm just going to sit here now and ponder this fantastic occurance...along with other times that I've happened to notice like 7:47, 7:11, 3:11 or 4:20.

But most of all what I'll think about while slurping on my spasghetti are those times when I wake up mere SECONDS before my alarm goes off. Now THAT really fucks with me.

holyfuck...I did it again...it's 11:24 and I was surfing through a journal and the person's birthdate was...get this...

Hahaha, your funny, in a trippy way, I like how you post though, acid much?

rebecca22
10-18-2003, 01:14 PM
CHRIST! can we just enjoy the song and not make a huge fucking song and dance about it? its there to be listened to, not talked about endlessly. Rebecca talks shit--that stuff about numbers is just crap. COINCIDENCE. Now shut the fuck up.

Wow, you're one of those close-minded fucks who turn their backs on patterns and chock them all up to coincidence... Funny for a Tool fan, what with the spirals and patterns they lace into their music and all.

rebecca22
10-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Excuse me La_te_ra_lus but you wouldn't happen to know what time it is would you? Please...please tell me you care. I know I do.

*pulls out his frog legs, tophat and cane*

*dances of the stage and then dances back onto the stage*

Why did you spell out Lateralus the way you did? Is there some hidden, other meaning to it?

*dances back off the stage kicking his legs*

-MeEp

Ha ha haah...

Kicker23
11-03-2003, 12:21 AM
Rebecca,

BTW I have read through most of your posts. You sound like an elitist know-it-all. If you have evidence, or backing, for the words you say, use links to let us know where you get your information from. Other than that, stop using phrases like... "Simple. One track minded" and "I dont care what you hear when you listen to Eulogy, its like this..." (paraphrased).
Actually, if you look at the two examples I have given of your words, they seem to contradict each other. On one hand you think people have one track minds and on the other you think they think too much. Which is it? Are we allowed to see the metaphors in Eulogy? Are we allowed to think that Jimmy is in reference to Maynard's childhood, therefore giving us some closures concerning our own childhoods?

Did you forget that TOOL consists of 4 members, if it were just Maynard then it would be maynards band. Obviously its not, ever since the beginning they have all discussed and agreed on each song that they create including lyrics and music. You fucking people over simplify TOOL, they are called the thinking mans band not the simple minded mans band. Do you think they would waste time talking about their childhood's or past? Did you not notice refrences to the occult in TOOL's music? I guess you didn't cause if you think this song is simply about maynard's childhood then you must be delusional with your own made up idea's of their lyrics. Your only wasting time commenting about every one elses opinions, but you have none worth metioning about yourself. learn to clear your clouded mind and drop the ego, if you feel that someone is wrong then prove them wrong don't just talk out of your ass or use somebody elses opinion to rant about. " HOLD YOUR LIGHT 11 LEAD ME THROUGH EACH GENTLE STEP, INCH BY LOADED MEMORY. " 1 & 1 are 1 11" " You hold the light thats been leading me back home" Loaded memory is the 11:11. Those who believe in it say its the calling of the light workers.

SO THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO LISTEN TO SIMPLE MUSIC ABOUT MA AND PA BACK HOME....THEN LISTEN TO FUCKING COUNTRY

Tantobourne
11-03-2003, 03:43 PM
SO THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO LISTEN TO SIMPLE MUSIC ABOUT MA AND PA BACK HOME....THEN LISTEN TO FUCKING COUNTRY

*leans back in his rocking chair and rests his shotgun on his lap*

*thwaps his chew container and pulls out a big wad and stuffs it in his lower lip*

Yeah-up...ah reckon I do like some country. Mhh-hmm....

reddish
11-03-2003, 11:45 PM
Did you forget that TOOL consists of 4 members, if it were just Maynard then it would be maynards band. Obviously its not, ever since the beginning they have all discussed and agreed on each song that they create including lyrics and music. You fucking people over simplify TOOL, they are called the thinking mans band not the simple minded mans band. Do you think they would waste time talking about their childhood's or past? Did you not notice refrences to the occult in TOOL's music? I guess you didn't cause if you think this song is simply about maynard's childhood then you must be delusional with your own made up idea's of their lyrics. Your only wasting time commenting about every one elses opinions, but you have none worth metioning about yourself. learn to clear your clouded mind and drop the ego, if you feel that someone is wrong then prove them wrong don't just talk out of your ass or use somebody elses opinion to rant about. " HOLD YOUR LIGHT 11 LEAD ME THROUGH EACH GENTLE STEP, INCH BY LOADED MEMORY. " 1 & 1 are 1 11" " You hold the light thats been leading me back home" Loaded memory is the 11:11. Those who believe in it say its the calling of the light workers.

SO THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO LISTEN TO SIMPLE MUSIC ABOUT MA AND PA BACK HOME....THEN LISTEN TO FUCKING COUNTRYYou sound like you're in the mood to enlighten the FUCK out of somebody.

rebecca22
11-04-2003, 09:57 AM

Exactly.

reedc33
11-04-2003, 08:53 PM
You sound like you're in the mood to enlighten the FUCK out of somebody.

In the voice of Jim Rome: "Hilarious".

paraflux
11-05-2003, 07:16 AM
All I can do is laugh at the hypocrisy...

barbeque
11-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Rebecca,

1111? Gateway? I don't buy it. Not for a second.

Numbers are not icons! They are a way of representing a concept of values. Here's a small test. Answer me this: What is this the difference, or similarity between the following numbers:

Do you see the obvious pattern? Glow, child! Glow!

imtheism
11-19-2003, 03:42 PM
^^ haha, owned.

Anyways, I doubt the other 3 members of the band have little to anything to do with the actual lyrical content of songs - just like maynard has little to nothing to do with the instrumental part of the songs.

Kicker23
11-20-2003, 10:43 AM
^^ haha, owned.

Anyways, I doubt the other 3 members of the band have little to anything to do with the actual lyrical content of songs - just like maynard has little to nothing to do with the instrumental part of the songs.

The other 3 members of the band have a lot to do with the lyrics, and maynard has a lot to do with the music. They feed off each other to make awsome music. If you want to think that manynard only deals with the lyrics and the rest of the band only deals with the music, well then my freind thats entirely up to you. In a TOOL interview, this was said by the band. We focus on a topic for a song, then discuss our opinions on that topic. Each one of the members put in their input before the song is created. Nuff said

Kicker23
11-20-2003, 11:48 AM
Rebecca,

1111? Gateway? I don't buy it. Not for a second.

Numbers are not icons! They are a way of representing a concept of values. Here's a small test. Answer me this: What is this the difference, or similarity between the following numbers:

Do you see the obvious pattern? Glow, child! Glow!

Barbeque,

You don't have to believe in the 1111 no one is asking you to, you have the right to your own opinion. But regardless, that's what the song is about. Now you say numbers are not icons just a way to repersent values???? but My freind mathematics is the universal language, and can be used to represent anything, solve any problem, some believe even to life itself. Now you ask what are the differences between the numbers above, thats simple nothing to some, something to others, acutally why dont you tell me what the differences are?

barbeque
11-20-2003, 06:46 PM
You don't have to believe in the 1111 no one is asking you to, you have the right to your own opinion. But regardless, that's what the song is about.

Oh, I know I have the right to my own opinion! (thanks for reminding me) As a matter of fact, I think that everyone has the right to my own opinion. ;) All I am saying is that 11:11 is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. No offense intended. My post had absolutely nothing to do with the lyrics. I'm just amused at how far you can stretch a concept.

Now you say numbers are not icons just a way to repersent values???? but My freind mathematics is the universal language, and can be used to represent anything, solve any problem, some believe even to life itself.

Oh, you are sooooo wrong!! Cheezus. Did you even finish high-school?

You are confusing numbers with mathematics. Let me break it down for you:

Number is a symbol or a word used to represent a value. Ie: "One" is a number. It is a word that represents a value. 1 is another expression for that value. That is ALL there is to it. No more. No less.

Mathematics is the study of the measurement and relationships of quantities and sets, using numbers.

And by the way, the only people who believe that math can solve life, don't have one. But it's all good, there's treatment and medication for them.

Now you ask what are the differences between the numbers above, thats simple nothing to some, something to others, acutally why dont you tell me what the differences are?

Oh, come on! Don't give up yet! Put a little muscle into it, won't you? You can do it! I'm surprised they aren't calling out for you. Go figure.

Kicker23
11-22-2003, 08:37 PM
Oh, I know I have the right to my own opinion! (thanks for reminding me) As a matter of fact, I think that everyone has the right to my own opinion. ;) All I am saying is that 11:11 is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. No offense intended. My post had absolutely nothing to do with the lyrics. I'm just amused at how far you can stretch a concept.

Oh, you are sooooo wrong!! Cheezus. Did you even finish high-school?

You are confusing numbers with mathematics. Let me break it down for you:

Number is a symbol or a word used to represent a value. Ie: "One" is a number. It is a word that represents a value. 1 is another expression for that value. That is ALL there is to it. No more. No less.

Mathematics is the study of the measurement and relationships of quantities and sets, using numbers.

And by the way, the only people who believe that math can solve life, don't have one. But it's all good, there's treatment and medication for them.

Oh, come on! Don't give up yet! Put a little muscle into it, won't you? You can do it! I'm surprised they aren't calling out for you. Go figure.

You think everyone has the right to YOUR own opinion?! I think you need to be reminded again...

If 1111 is the stupidest thing you ever heard of, you obviously haven't heard much. What, no offense intended? What a contradiction! You probably "heard" about it here, and only here. I doubt you have done ANY research on your own. Even if you did, you are probably to closed minded to get what it's about.

Wether you think it's stupid or not, there are blatently obvious referenes to 1111 in this song, bottom line, buddy. I would not call Tool's spiritual interests stupid, of all things. They have done way more research than most people who post here.And look into various spiritual avenues of knowledge. For that, little guy, I respect them, not only as members of Tool, or as musicians, but as I would respect anyone who has done great research for the quest for knowledge.

How are you so easily amused, special ed? Why don't you explain to me how I am stretching ANY subject to the miniscule point of your amusement?!

Go ahead, how am I (sooooo) wrong?! What, are you reading from your BASIC math school book? Explain your point for your self. Can't you fucking see that without one, (numbers) there can not be another (mathematics)? So then, what's your point?

Who said I said math can solve life, you? I was speaking of theories such as pi, and kabbalaism, life represented by numbers. Again, that's not the point here, maybe you need to get off your medication.

I can do it, put a little muscle into it? What, your little number puzzle? Ask your study buddy to help you with your homework, because both of you would come to see that it doesen't mean shit

imtheism
11-24-2003, 09:09 AM
if you've done the research there is obviously loads of empirical scientific evidence out there to support your claims. When you find it lemme know. I'd like to look at it.

imtheism
11-24-2003, 09:19 AM
The other 3 members of the band have a lot to do with the lyrics, and maynard has a lot to do with the music. They feed off each other to make awsome music. If you want to think that manynard only deals with the lyrics and the rest of the band only deals with the music, well then my freind thats entirely up to you. In a TOOL interview, this was said by the band. We focus on a topic for a song, then discuss our opinions on that topic. Each one of the members put in their input before the song is created. Nuff said
Link to interview? Everything i've ever read has ben the contrary. They write the music, when they're finally done he comes in and does the lyrics. They may very well have common ideas about whatever it is they're writing about, but when it comes to the actual riffs, and the actual on paper lyrics, they're 2 seperate things. This is how the 3 were able to write an entire album while maynard was out on the road with apc... If they all had to be sitting around brewing over the song's conceptualization they would've never been able to do that.

Mehhico
11-24-2003, 03:14 PM
I thought this might be relevant. Someone put up a link to an interview in the Eon Blue section which may or may not conclude the argument as to who writes the lyrics.

“Oh Maynard’s willing to share it all with us,” says Carey.
“We have conversations about what the songs mean. I have
a lot of respect for how much of his soul he’s always willing
to bare to everyone and it takes a lot of courage to do what
he’s done and continues to do. Maynard to me is the best
singer out there. Let alone his persona and the way he can
just pull it off.”

Given the above rather extreme but amusing example of
misunderstanding, do you ever find yourself forming a certain
interpretation of the lyrics only to discover a very different,
intended message?

“Oh definitely,” he agrees. “I think everybody does. That’s
definitely the whole intention. He’s very conscious of making
them able to be interpreted on a lot of different levels and
I’m sure he has his own interpretation that’s probably far
different to even to the one he shares with us.”

Take care,
Andy

barbeque
11-26-2003, 12:48 AM
You think everyone has the right to YOUR own opinion?! I think you need to be reminded again...

Cheezus! It's called "word play"! I thought it was funny. Didn't you?

If 1111 is the stupidest thing you ever heard of, you obviously haven't heard much. What, no offense intended? What a contradiction! You probably "heard" about it here, and only here. I doubt you have done ANY research on your own. Even if you did, you are probably to closed minded to get what it's about.

My acidity is completely lost on you, isn't it?

Anyway. You're absolutely correct. This forum was the first place where I read about 11:11. I spent a week Googling around and browsing through horribly tacky and pseudo-intellectual new age websites (which curiously all had pretty much the same content) and reading about multiple versions of the 11:11 "phenomenon".

I will say it again: there is no rhyme or reason to this and it is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Wether you think it's stupid or not, there are blatently obvious referenes to 1111 in this song, bottom line, buddy. I would not call Tool's spiritual interests stupid, of all things.

Man! It's just music! They're just a band! Don't you have other better things to get worked up about?

They have done way more research than most people who post here.And look into various spiritual avenues of knowledge. For that, little guy, I respect them, not only as members of Tool, or as musicians, but as I would respect anyone who has done great research for the quest for knowledge.

Ya, ya, ya... I respect them too, as musicians, artists and entertainers. If they actually do believe in the 11:11 "phenomenon" (which I doubt they do), I would ask them the same questions I have asked to anyone else. How can you rationally believe in this crap?

How are you so easily amused, special ed? Why don't you explain to me how I am stretching ANY subject to the miniscule point of your amusement?!

Hehe. Funny you should mention. I *am* easily amused. Your fervor amuses me. This entire thread amuses me beyond belief.

Go ahead, how am I (sooooo) wrong?! What, are you reading from your BASIC math school book? Explain your point for your self. Can't you fucking see that without one, (numbers) there can not be another (mathematics)? So then, what's your point?

Not my point. Your point. And you managed to miss it completely again, apparently. Not surprising. Calm down, relax and let's see if we can sort this out. Math has nothing to do with it.

Let's suppose for a second that in another part of the world instead of a 10 base number system, folks actually use an 8 base. The way of representing the value of 11 for them (in octal) would be 13. In other words, 11:11 in octal is 13:13. They are the same values, but the numbers are different. Get it???

Let me put it a different way: what about the blind? Can 11:11 in Braille be a wake-up call as well? What about the illiterate? Are they excluded from the wake-up call simply because they lack the education to understand numbers? (which is not to say that they don't understand values)

Who said I said math can solve life, you? I was speaking of theories such as pi, and kabbalaism, life represented by numbers. Again, that's not the point here, maybe you need to get off your medication.

Quite to the contrary. I have to re-start my medication 'cause this is really really funny. Okay, okay. You didn't say math could solve life. BUT! You did say they are folks who swear it can, and I was directing my "medicated" comment towards them.

Some Mathematicians can be a tad freaky (well, freaks do come in all shapes and sizes). Obsessing over the bazillionth decimal value of Pi is not going to help anyone live, love, breed and be groovy. Nor is chasing imaginary numbers that jump out at you.

I can do it, put a little muscle into it? What, your little number puzzle? Ask your study buddy to help you with your homework, because both of you would come to see that it doesen't mean shit

Son, please, I've taught college math. I can correct your homework if you want me to. And it's not a "puzzle"! I didn't expect you to find it that hard. The answer: All of the numbers are 1111. Figure it out.

barbeque
11-26-2003, 01:07 AM
Hee hee. This is too funny. After the last reply, I decided to go check out the 11:11 websites again to see if I could possibly be missing something obvious (and no, I don't think I am). Anyway, this website always cracks me up to no end. Here's a little snippet:

The symbol of 11:11 is a pre-encoded trigger within us, telling us that our time of freedom is near. The 11:11 Planetary Ascension is the culmination of all Earth’s religious predictions for the completion of Earth’s history and her graduation into a higher level of being. On January 11, 1992, a spiritual doorway opened, through which the planet is now moving. The Earth has signaled that she is ready to re-ascend into Christ Consciousness and will take with her those inhabitants who choose to ascend. Ascension is a natural process of evolution, whereby the physical body is purified and the Soul and Higher Self re-merge, taking the body to a new level of vibrational frequency. Individual ascension has continued throughout the ages by a dedicated few. It was not until the demonstration of Ascension and Resurrection by Lord Sananda, during his ministry as Jesus the Christ that we were given a model to follow. Planetary Ascension occurs when the planet and all beings ready to graduate to the next evolutionary level ascend together. This collective ascension is long overdue for this planet. It is the Return of the Christ that Jesus promised during his ministry with Him as our World Teacher leading the way in fulfillment of the Divine Plan of Mother/Father Creator Source to reclaim this planet back into the Christ Vibration. During this time of passage through the doorway, which will last twenty years, January 11, 1992 until December 31, 2011. The Earth, as we know it, will change dramatically. The first "11" represents our old way of being in duality…souls of light and dark living in bondage with each other. The "colon", represents the doorway through which we must go. The second "11", represents the new way of the Ascended Earth, “The New Earth Reality”.

Is that the funniest shit ever or WHAT? The full "article" can be found here:

http://www.star-esseenia.org/articles/2%2011.11%20What%20is%20it.html

Elgyn
11-26-2003, 05:16 PM
I am so ready to be enlightened!
I'm going to start sewing my ascension suit today. It's going to have the numbers 11:11 printed on it and once it's done I'm going to sit at home and wait for enlightenment to come to me.

That article makes the whole thing sound way too much like a religion. I've seen similar sites, which have the same basic structure.

mstajduh posted this in another thread (http://www.crystalinks.com/11.11.html)
Check out the high quality image editing on the clouds and the clock. It seems enlightenment can be constructed in photoshop.

barbeque
12-01-2003, 10:40 PM
I am so ready to be enlightened!
I'm going to start sewing my ascension suit today. It's going to have the numbers 11:11 printed on it and once it's done I'm going to sit at home and wait for enlightenment to come to me.

That article makes the whole thing sound way too much like a religion. I've seen similar sites, which have the same basic structure.

Check out the high quality image editing on the clouds and the clock. It seems enlightenment can be constructed in photoshop.

I could not agree more. Seems to me like a combination of folks suffering from some serious temporal lobe epilpsy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2865009.stm).

And, btw, calling those "Photoshopped" clouds is being way too kind. Looks more like the author went to work with the standard Paint that comes with Windows to me. :)

imtheism
12-02-2003, 03:02 AM
omg so tonite I was workin on something on the computer. A friend pops on and starts to talk to me what I was going to be doing tomorrow. I look at the clock, and guess what time it is?????!?!?

Thats right, 8:41pm. Now, when you add 8 and 4, you get twelve. Minus 1 and you get 11. (8+4)-1 = 11. you minus the 1 cuz its odd. Add the even's subtract the odds - thats how it works. So ANYWAYS my friend was like "dude what are you doing tomorrow?" I'm like "eh.. not much. Going to class then come home and work on some projects I got due later this week. the usual". and he's like "OMG DUDE we HAVE to see this local band tomorrow!". OMG CHANGE, THE TIME OF 11 MEANT MY FRIEND WOULD IM ME AND ASK ME TO HANG OUT ON A TUES, WHICH IS A CHANGE FROM MY NORMAL WEEK. YOU GUYS WERE ALL RIGHT ABOUT THIS 11:11 STUFF. I'M A BELIEVER NOW.

rebecca22
12-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Hee hee. This is too funny. After the last reply, I decided to go check out the 11:11 websites again to see if I could possibly be missing something obvious (and no, I don't think I am). Anyway, this website always cracks me up to no end. Here's a little snippet:

Is that the funniest shit ever or WHAT? The full "article" can be found here:

http://www.star-esseenia.org/articles/2%2011.11%20What%20is%20it.html

What is so fucking funny about this article? You think anything you don't understand is funny... It must make your ignorance more easy to swallow for you.

This article does express an opinion of the 1111 that is shared by many people, including Tool.

For example, MR. Danny Carey's solo, called " MERKABA ". IF you go to your little "NEW AGE" websites, you will see that the MERKABA is the gateway, or to some the path of ascension.

"Ascending" is a topic often expressed by the members of Tool. The video of Parabol/Parabola CLEARLY expresses this holy reality of duality.

The end of the video, where the being's chakras are activated, expresses a beautiful example of an ascension. The being is ascending through it's merkaba.

It is a powerful and moving video. I can feel it in my nerves, solar plexus. That little peice of sun that is in everthing.

rebecca22
12-02-2003, 12:57 PM

Please remember that "Religion" is tyranny over a congregation of blind faith followers.

Also remember that anything, even a spiritual veiw can be exploited if people are willing to follow a leader.

The 1111 is available to anyone, this is the point. You don't need anyone to direct, instruct or inform you on it, because it's naturally occuring inside of you.

Sure, there are always people out there looking to gain followers for attention, material wealth, so on...

I'm sure you can see that it would still exist even if certain people were not exploiting it.

rebecca22
12-03-2003, 05:50 PM
Check out the high quality image editing on the clouds and the clock. It seems enlightenment can be constructed in photoshop.[/QUOTE]

This page is a link to another one of those "lightworker" cult like groups by the way, just looking to gain attention/money from dopey followers. It makes things worse when they mix in fact with thier opinions, because it makes the facts seem less credible to those who don't know better.

Those pictures are very cheesy, although the cloud pic is nothing unique or special, since you can simply step outside here in s. cali, look up, and see mass chemtrails up overhead. You not only see lines that look like 1111, more like rows of 11's, cross overs like x's, tons on a daily basis. in like 15 min, they feather and disperse into clumps of whispy artificial clouds. Nasty.

I'm positive they are dumping something harmful or sedating, mind altering. As if flouride in the water and toothpaste wasn't permenantly mind altering enough!

reedc33
12-03-2003, 08:55 PM
I'm positive they are dumping something harmful or sedating, mind altering. As if flouride in the water and toothpaste wasn't permenantly mind altering enough!

Flouride is mind altering?

reedc33
12-03-2003, 09:46 PM
Well I'll be...
I've yet to read anything about altering mind, though...

www.nexusmagazine.com/fluoridebomb.html

hmmm...take it back..."I thought, 'Oh great!' Here's the main NIH hospital talking about the 'Miracle of Fluoride' and I'm giving a seminar to the NIDR telling them that fluoride is neurotoxic!"

Mehhico
12-03-2003, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=rebecca22]For example, MR. Danny Carey's solo, called " MERKABA ". IF you go to your little "NEW AGE" websites, you will see that the MERKABA is the gateway, or to some the path of ascension.
QUOTE]

This is what I thought the merkaba was:

"Before our fall in consciousness over thirteen thousand years ago, the geometric energy fields around our bodies used to spin at close to the speed of light, but have since slowed and stopped spinning. When this field is re-activated and spinning, it's called a Merkaba, a counter-rotating field of light that affects spirit and body simultaneously.

The Merkaba Meditation technique as given to us by Drunvalo Melchizedek is a very powerful tool for transition, healing, manifestation, and ascension. Utilizing an understanding of Divine Love and Sacred Geometry we learn to re-activate these fields of energy around our body, giving birth to our personal Merkaba (time and dimensional vehicle = lightbody). According to Drunvalo, "its usefulness in this Reality is unparalleled. It gives us expanded awareness of who we are, connects us with higher levels of consciousness (including our higher self), and restores memory of the infinite possibilities of our Being." This Merkaba gives us ultimate protection as Earth goes through its changes, as well as strengthening all aspects of one's life.

The Merkaba is activated through an ancient way of breathing and meditation originally taught in the Egyptian Mystery Schools. Through Love, your breath and mudras (hand positions) you can remember how to turn on or restart your Merkaba - actually spin the geometric energy fields surrounding your body.

An understanding of Sacred Geometry or the geometric language of Creation is used to understand the form and purpose of these energy fields around our bodies, and enables us to envision and experience their movement.

Because these energetic fields are internally produced using "Divine Love", our Merkaba field generates tremendous potential for healing and manifestation. As earth changes occur and Mother Earth shifts to the 4th dimension, our Merkaba vehicle may become essential for retaining our memory patterns as Earth loses it's magnetic fields."

I didn't read anything relating Merkaba to 11:11. I don't mean to come across arrogant, all "all-knowing" or anything, Rebecca. I have done some research, but have not found anything substantial regarding the 11:11 theory. It seems a bit wooly to me, as most of what they are saying is taken from other sources, such as the techniques of breathing and the merkaba.

That said, I still find the theory interesting. I will definately give it more time to read up on, but so far it is almost as bad as the cult that Stuart got into on Neighbours.

Take care,
Andy

reddish
12-04-2003, 07:05 PM
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~noelh/ElevenEleven.htm

Mehhico
12-04-2003, 07:20 PM
That was quite interesting, reddish. I still need to do some more searching on this one, so if anyone has any other useful web sites, a link would be much appreicated.

I am not one to dismiss something easily, but I am struggling to find a concrete understanding of this theory.

.........although I am a dumb arse............

Take care,
Andy

reddish
12-04-2003, 07:31 PM
uninformed arse . . . yes
ingnorant arse . . . yes
dumbarse . . . no

not easily dismissing something is a sign of intelligence

AllforUnity
12-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Well, I don't think the song is about the 11:11 theory either...I don't think that has anything to do with this song...people are trying to impress other people with their useless knowledge on things like this instead of actually thinking up a theory for the song for themselves. It's pointless.

rebecca22
12-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Well, I don't think the song is about the 11:11 theory either...I don't think that has anything to do with this song...people are trying to impress other people with their useless knowledge on things like this instead of actually thinking up a theory for the song for themselves. It's pointless.

You must be speaking about me. My knowledge is more useful than you realize. Instead of following popular opinion and/or giving opinions on the band member's personal lives, I do research into what interests me.

This is my theory on the song, I did think of it for myself. I saw 1111 before I heard Jimmy and thought to put the pattern to research. (I actually woke up at 1111 today).

I'm not trying to impress anyone, I'm putting the option on the table, It's free for the taking.

It's not so hard to make the connection. There is a point, a spiritual one.

rebecca22
12-07-2003, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=rebecca22]For example, MR. Danny Carey's solo, called " MERKABA ". IF you go to your little "NEW AGE" websites, you will see that the MERKABA is the gateway, or to some the path of ascension.
QUOTE]

This is what I thought the merkaba was:

"Before our fall in consciousness over thirteen thousand years ago, the geometric energy fields around our bodies used to spin at close to the speed of light, but have since slowed and stopped spinning. When this field is re-activated and spinning, it's called a Merkaba, a counter-rotating field of light that affects spirit and body simultaneously.

The Merkaba Meditation technique as given to us by Drunvalo Melchizedek is a very powerful tool for transition, healing, manifestation, and ascension. Utilizing an understanding of Divine Love and Sacred Geometry we learn to re-activate these fields of energy around our body, giving birth to our personal Merkaba (time and dimensional vehicle = lightbody). According to Drunvalo, "its usefulness in this Reality is unparalleled. It gives us expanded awareness of who we are, connects us with higher levels of consciousness (including our higher self), and restores memory of the infinite possibilities of our Being." This Merkaba gives us ultimate protection as Earth goes through its changes, as well as strengthening all aspects of one's life.

The Merkaba is activated through an ancient way of breathing and meditation originally taught in the Egyptian Mystery Schools. Through Love, your breath and mudras (hand positions) you can remember how to turn on or restart your Merkaba - actually spin the geometric energy fields surrounding your body.

An understanding of Sacred Geometry or the geometric language of Creation is used to understand the form and purpose of these energy fields around our bodies, and enables us to envision and experience their movement.

Because these energetic fields are internally produced using "Divine Love", our Merkaba field generates tremendous potential for healing and manifestation. As earth changes occur and Mother Earth shifts to the 4th dimension, our Merkaba vehicle may become essential for retaining our memory patterns as Earth loses it's magnetic fields."

I didn't read anything relating Merkaba to 11:11. I don't mean to come across arrogant, all "all-knowing" or anything, Rebecca. I have done some research, but have not found anything substantial regarding the 11:11 theory. It seems a bit wooly to me, as most of what they are saying is taken from other sources, such as the techniques of breathing and the merkaba.

That said, I still find the theory interesting. I will definately give it more time to read up on, but so far it is almost as bad as the cult that Stuart got into on Neighbours.

Take care,
Andy

Yes, 1111 is said by some to be a road sign to one's personal merkaba. I continue to question it's definition.

However, I see it often. Whether it's a calling to unity of the one, or a subliminal "loaded" memory ment to program minds, or whatever, I know that I see it, other people see it, and there are a lot of people and things directing attention to it. Like one of the bands I listen to most often, Tool.

It is a pattern or ripple of some kind, because it is interesting how it occurs and happens so often.

It would be a different matter if I had read up on the subject first. I saw 1111 more often over any other time and number sequence, and thought I just had some sharp sense of time or number recognition or something. At the time, I wouldn't of thought other people saw it often, until my fiance said he had seen it while witnessing me seeing it and mentioning the odd number. When my interest was sparked, I needed to research it. I saw many sites on it, and differentiated their many simularities and differences. But it remains odd to me. And it coincides whith many world current events. This is what I hold to be most important, because it is effecting every life.

rebecca22
12-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Flouride is mind altering?

www.educate-yourself.org/nwo/brotherhoodpart7.shtml
scroll down to "Fluoride". There's much more info about related topics on the page. There's alot.

www.freedomdomain.com/bankquot.html
Many world bank quotes on the nwo and effects of.

www.washingpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A40942-2002Nov11
New World Order stepping forward with the stripping of our personal right to privacy.

Hope it's useful to whoever.

corps d'allumen
12-08-2003, 03:08 PM
left side of brain (1) + right side of brain (1) = one entity, one being; an 11.
in numerology, the number eleven is the master number. the name 'jesus' reduces to the number eleven. symbolically, what did jesus have? christ-consciousness; a lack of divison between the logical and the emotional, the male and his anima (the female and her animus); being one within yourself. a connection to all life through unconditional love. that's what this whole album is about. (eleven and SHE was gone... waiting for me to free HIM by...) the logical left side sees division everywhere; black and white, good and evil, god and the 'devil'. the emotional right side knows through feeling that there is one all-encompassing 'god', although it can't explain it. any child will tell you god is there 'because he is.' no deep theological discussions because they are incapable of it; it just is because they feel it. when did we lose that? (a child's rhyme stuck in my head said that life is but a dream. i've spent so many years in question to find i've known this all along.) nobody talks about the inner-child when it was just the child, before we repressed it. it's just become all that cliched crap of "getting in touch w/ your inner-child." this is getting long, so i'll stop here.

reedc33
12-09-2003, 06:12 PM
scroll down to "Fluoride". There's much more info about related topics on the page. There's alot.

New World Order stepping forward with the stripping of our personal right to privacy.

Thanks...It makes a big difference in my eyes, not that you care, when you just leave a link and say 'check it out...', as opposed to...

AllforUnity
12-11-2003, 07:53 AM
l seriously think that the number 11 referrence in this song has nothing to do with the 11:11 theory. l wish l could ask Maynard, but l think that is inaccurate.

paraflux
12-16-2003, 10:15 AM
left side of brain (1) + right side of brain (1) = one entity, one being; an 11.
in numerology, the number eleven is the master number. the name 'jesus' reduces to the number eleven. symbolically, what did jesus have? christ-consciousness; a lack of divison between the logical and the emotional, the male and his anima (the female and her animus); being one within yourself. a connection to all life through unconditional love. that's what this whole album is about. (eleven and SHE was gone... waiting for me to free HIM by...) the logical left side sees division everywhere; black and white, good and evil, god and the 'devil'. the emotional right side knows through feeling that there is one all-encompassing 'god', although it can't explain it. any child will tell you god is there 'because he is.' no deep theological discussions because they are incapable of it; it just is because they feel it. when did we lose that? (a child's rhyme stuck in my head said that life is but a dream. i've spent so many years in question to find i've known this all along.) nobody talks about the inner-child when it was just the child, before we repressed it. it's just become all that cliched crap of "getting in touch w/ your inner-child." this is getting long, so i'll stop here.

Good one. Descriptive and informative without being overly biased, harshly judgmental, or pointlessly defensive. Someone should take notes.

rebecca22
01-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Thanks...It makes a big difference in my eyes, not that you care, when you just leave a link and say 'check it out...', as opposed to...

What, I just wanted to post a short description so whoever would know what they were clicking on. What big difference does it make.

rebecca22
01-12-2004, 12:43 PM

I knew I was on. APC's song PET is totally what I'm saying. "...To the rythm of the NEW WORLD ORDER", yeah

x7 Lateralus 7x
01-18-2004, 11:07 AM
eh....11 can stand for twins "till one, and one, are one"
i think thats how it goes? when i listen to this song i think about
my ex g/f, we broke up around 11 pm. 11 could've be a time that maynard treasured/hated. 11 can be an age, i think about the bad times when i wuz 11 yrs old when i listen to this song also.
its an akward #, many bad things involve this number, but are there any good things that do?

corps d'allumen
01-21-2004, 06:26 PM
not that i think that this has anything to do w/ this song (maybe it does...), but in keeping the tradition of talking about things that i think have nothing to do with the song i.e. clocks, fluoride, the nwo (Go Kevin Nash!!:), here is some interesting info about the number 11:
(i urge anyone interested in freemasons, the templars, the 'holy war', the united states, rennes-le-chateau, international banking, atlantis, the hyperdimensional physics of cydonia, etc. to READ THIS ARTICLE!)

http://www.enterprisemission.com/tower2.htm
It became obvious fairly early that there were some strange coincidences surrounding these events. As was quickly reported throughout the Internet, there were a whole bunch of odd "9-1-1" and "11" coincidences that linked to these horrific attacks.

For instance:

The attacks took place on 9/11

9+1+1 = 11

Each WTC Tower had 110 floors, which is a multiple of 11

The aircraft which ultimately hit the Pentagon was American Airlines Flight 77. 77 is another multiple of 11
American Airlines Flight 11, the first plane flown into World Trade Tower2, had 11 crewmembers. A total of 65 people were on Flight 11. 6+5 = 11
The second plane, United Airlines Flight 175, hit the World Trade Tower 1 at 9:02 AM. 9+2 = 11

9/11 is the 254th day of the year. 2+5+4 = 11

After 9/11, there are 111 days left in the year

New York City (where the major attack occurred) consists of 11 letters

New York was the 11th state admitted into the Union

President Bush ordered flags to fly at half mast until 9/22, making an 11 day period of mourning

And so on. At this point, our interest had been piqued, but little else. We had no way of knowing, or certainly proving, whether all these resonances were simply true coincidence or part of some other larger pattern. But given our previous research into such recurring symbolism, we felt impelled to at least look...

.TP
02-12-2004, 07:16 PM
maybe when 1 and 1 are 1, he was referring to the breaking of the fibonacci sequence, 1+1=2(duh), 2 is the fourth fibonacci number, and if the cycle breaks, there would be no spiral, meaning that he would go outside the spiral, he would be different, he would ¨glow¨as maynard sings at the end of the song.
anyway, is just a theory, not exactly acurrate but is a thought.

corps d'allumen
03-07-2004, 11:19 AM
maybe when 1 and 1 are 1, he was referring to the breaking of the fibonacci sequence, 1+1=2(duh), 2 is the fourth fibonacci number, and if the cycle breaks, there would be no spiral, meaning that he would go outside the spiral, he would be different, he would ¨glow¨as maynard sings at the end of the song.
anyway, is just a theory, not exactly acurrate but is a thought.
Maybe it's about gay man-sex... You know what ONE EYE'm talking about (slightly obvious dick joke.)

anyway, is just a theory, not exactly acurrate but is a thought:)

GregoryWohlwend
06-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Yeah...it couldn't be coincidence.

I notice numbers alot too. 13 has a recurring theme in my life, so I took it as my lucky number. I have no idea what that means. But tell me, what does it really matter if I look at the microwave clock and it says 11:11? Once again, does anybody REALLY know what time it is? Does anybody care?

me too with 13, although i think it's a matter of being aware of significance behind numbers. people like 11:11 because it's the only time a digital clock reads all 4 ones at once, pretty rare, but it happens every day, and i betcha none of this mumbo jumbo was around when analog clocks were all the rage, or sundials... you like 4:20 cuz you get high, and everyone knows it, you like 3:11 cuz they are a band, you like 7:47 cuz that's a big fucking plane, and perhaps 3:16 cuz that's a famous verse in the bible... if i said watch out for the number 24! you'd start to notice it a lot more if you kept thinking about it.

paraflux
06-07-2004, 01:34 PM
When I got hooked on 311 I saw that shit everywhere, in phone numbers, addresses, clocks, etc.

paraflux
06-07-2004, 01:40 PM
*double post*

reedc33
06-08-2004, 07:09 AM
if i said watch out for the number 24! you'd start to notice it a lot more if you kept thinking about it.

I guess I just don't see the point in thinking about it too much. What is it going to do to you? Are you going to sprout wings and have the ability to fly after you "notice" the importance of a number, or break out into hives of ecstasy when you realize the importance of combinations? I don't knock those who are interested, but I also don't see how it could possibly be life changing. I'll waste my time in other ways...;)

openingmythirdeye
08-11-2004, 12:55 PM
It's not very hard to notice that alot of posts refere to jimmy as being about only Maynard, his childhood, Ohio, his Mommy and Daddy, 11 yrs old. Simple. One track minded.

Think about Merkaba. What is the Merkaba? 11 is the focus. The gateway. 11:11. jimmy, mm, 1111. Are you a lightworker?

Think of the twin towers for a moment, the attack on 9-11. 11 is a dominate number in the administration's scheme. Recognize patterns. Try and read between the lines. 11 22 33.

Hello, my name is Anny. I am originally from Mexico, but i've been living in the US for a little over a year. Im a psychology student, and coming from a very religious family, i have come to find "freedom" in my thinking by releasing the dogmas i was forced to embrace as universal truths for a very long time. There have been many different factors that have made this change possible and ironically enough, TOOL has played a big role in this "metamorphosis" i've been undertaking.

Shortly after i moved here, i met someone that introduced me to TOOL. The only reference point i had of this band was rather "scary". A random night when i was about 12 years old i fell alseep while watching MTV only to awaken in the middle of the night to a TOOL video. I dont even remember what song it was, all i know is that it was scary!!! :)

So, when my friend got me listening to them and reading their lyrics, i was rather resistant in the beginning. It didnt take long though, before i noticed the depths of this music and lyrics.

To make a long story short: About a month ago i was hanging out with my roomate, by the time we made it back home, Jimmy was playing on her Sirius radio.(I specify sirius radio because that was the only thing that allowed me to realize the name of the song we were listening to. The screen on her radio shows the name of the band, name of the song, etc) I didnt know the song back then, i mean, i had heard it before but never learned the name or read the lyrics or anything. We waited until the song was over to get out of the car and then walked inside.

Later that night, i was browsing the net and somehow i stumbled across a website that talked about 11:11. I started reading about it and it rang a bell somehwere within me. At the time, i was reading a book called "Bringers of the dawn" by Barbara Marciniak. In this book, she talks about similar things, so i called it a synchronicity and tried to learn from it and be open-minded.

As i was reading about the encoded digital messages and 11:11, i remembered listening to Jimmy earlier that night. I looked up the lyrics for it and i couldnt help but to draw a connecting link between the two.

Ever since then, ive been listening a lot to aenima and learning the lyrics and trying to read the information in between lines.

Now, a couple weeks ago, i started reading a book called "Running from safety" by Richard Bach. The back cover of the book reads:

"If the child we were asked us today for the best we've learned from living, what would we tell, and what would we discover in return?"

I havent finished the book so i still dont have a general overview to share with you ready. However, i definitely do see the connections in all the little coincidences and synchronicities that have been going on in my life. I have my own unresolved issues with the child i used to be. I had an accident when i was 11 that was rather shocking and i have come to realized that most of my childhood memories are forgotten.

On a personal level, i see Jimmy and this book as an invitation to reawaken within me the knowledge and widsom found in innocence. I feel as if i am about to have a "Satori" experience.

If there is anybody out there, having similar occurences in their lives, (synchronicities) dont shrug them off as mere coincidences. Know that you are not alone, many people are having awakenings like this. Synchronicities to me are like stepping stones that lead us on the right path towards enlightment.

Anybody experiencing similar things? This is just me. I dont expect anyone to accept what i take in as truth. I am merely sharing my thoughts. However, If there is anybody out there that can relate to this, i would love to hear (read) your thoughts.

Peace,

Anny

exojjl
08-25-2004, 01:03 AM
fuckshithell.

And then....

WOW! How interesting, I just ate some heated up in the microwave spaghetti earliwe before i read this post.

Coincidence?

exojjl
08-25-2004, 01:05 AM
WOW! How interesting, I just ate some heated up in the microwave spaghetti earliwe before i read this post.

Coincidence?

No joke. And I added parmasean to, and also mixed it up as well.

Tantobourne
08-25-2004, 09:56 AM

Coincidence?
You should have looked at the noodles a bit closer. If you noticed, many of them lay parallel to each other in what could only be seen as a sequence of 1111s.

spasghetti sounds good right now...mmmm carbs....

anotherPieceOfThePuzzle
08-26-2004, 12:31 PM

I am. Although I don't cling onto a specific date. 11th of september is regarded way out of proportion with all due respect. Thousands of people die every day.

I believe that song is about his childhood and about remembering his state of mind at that age.

Cyanide ChrYst
09-01-2004, 02:13 PM

It literally is his name; Maynard's birth name is James. and the child's version of James is jimmy. Especially noncapitalized to accentuate childhood.

Secondly, the 9/11 has nothing to do with this song. Aenima was obviously released far before 9/11 occured. And as far as 11 having anything to do with 9-11...well um. I hit my knee on the deck outside and received 11 stitches that day. Maybe I'm the stigmata?