PDA

View Full Version : sacred

cydonia
04-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Im not gonna pose myself as knowing anything about what it really means but Lateralus for me has had a very profound meaning on me as most Tool has. I think in this day and age we need more people trying to convey this sense of the extraordinarily sublime and everyday. Hearing those songs just brings up an emotion in me I cant describe but everytime its makes me smile. There is a timeless quality that transcends their entire history and I think points straight to what our future holds as a species let alone just us loyal Tool fans. Everytime I have tried to find a flaw in any of those songs I have failed. Its more from a desire to just know that they are still human haha but I know its been heavily studioized but even still the fact that its still beautiful after that and doesnt sound like trash and is as far from trash music as it can get is incredible. It gets me truly believing in transcendentalism but for the new age, our age of awakening, that Im not the only one wrestling with this new questions we have to ask ourselves. What is the human spirit capable of? Why are we coming full circle in our philosophy? Why did we run away from ourselves only to wonder how we got there? And what does that mean for us as a whole?

Those songs leave me in awe thankful for the fact that there are still people that can describe and define the pureness at our very soul and core of the universe we are all in some way trying to achieve. I know by ourselves we will never be able describe it just as I cant describe the feeling I get listening to it. Only as a whole will we understand and seeing a band dedicated to spreading that message or something close to it makes me glad very glad. Or Im way off but its still a good thing cuz maybe there are other people like me who were inspired to change the world one mind at a time. Maybe thats our greatest gift to each other-inspiration to drive us to something better. They've helped me and for that I am grateful. You've been my Tool.

a-groan-of-tedium
04-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Im not gonna pose myself as knowing anything about what it really means but Lateralus for me has had a very profound meaning on me as most Tool has. I think in this day and age we need more people trying to convey this sense of the extraordinarily sublime and everyday. Hearing those songs just brings up an emotion in me I cant describe but everytime its makes me smile. There is a timeless quality that transcends their entire history and I think points straight to what our future holds as a species let alone just us loyal Tool fans. Everytime I have tried to find a flaw in any of those songs I have failed. Its more from a desire to just know that they are still human haha but I know its been heavily studioized but even still the fact that its still beautiful after that and doesnt sound like trash and is as far from trash music as it can get is incredible. It gets me truly believing in transcendentalism but for the new age, our age of awakening, that Im not the only one wrestling with this new questions we have to ask ourselves. What is the human spirit capable of? Why are we coming full circle in our philosophy? Why did we run away from ourselves only to wonder how we got there? And what does that mean for us as a whole?

Those songs leave me in awe thankful for the fact that there are still people that can describe and define the pureness at our very soul and core of the universe we are all in some way trying to achieve. I know by ourselves we will never be able describe it just as I cant describe the feeling I get listening to it. Only as a whole will we understand and seeing a band dedicated to spreading that message or something close to it makes me glad very glad. Or Im way off but its still a good thing cuz maybe there are other people like me who were inspired to change the world one mind at a time. Maybe thats our greatest gift to each other-inspiration to drive us to something better. They've helped me and for that I am grateful. You've been my Tool.

We'll eventually "pine away", because the masses won't ever ask these questions, we'll cling to the comfort, Leroy explains it better.

tbird
04-30-2007, 09:40 AM
interesting

Eulogy33
05-29-2007, 05:05 PM
3 masterpieces indeed. if you ever wanna calm down, or relax...just pop in lateralus and spiral out.

Resolution
05-30-2007, 06:58 AM
originally these three songs were supposed to be composed as one for a total time of 23 minutes. anyone know what the title was?

Eulogy33
05-30-2007, 09:40 PM
um..i think 'triad' was gonna be the name but..it might be sumthin else.

Innocent_Bystander
05-31-2007, 07:11 AM
originally these three songs were supposed to be composed as one for a total time of 23 minutes. anyone know what the title was?

Yeah, it was originally one track called Resolution, but they split it up at the last minute.

Resolution
06-05-2007, 02:14 PM
it was a rhetorical question

Cheesegreater
06-09-2007, 07:48 PM
it was a rhetorical question

That's makes no sense at all. Rhetorical questions are not posed that way. They're best used to represent a conundrum or something that can't be easily explained. Asking what the title of song used to be hardly seems rhetorical. It's likely you're looking for a real answer to a question like that.

martyrinexile86
06-09-2007, 08:51 PM
3 masterpieces indeed. if you ever wanna calm down, or relax...just pop in lateralus and spiral out.

I've meditated to them a couple times, awe-inspiring experience to say the least. Completely took me away.

Resolution
06-13-2007, 11:36 AM
That's makes no sense at all. Rhetorical questions are not posed that way. They're best used to represent a conundrum or something that can't be easily explained. Asking what the title of song used to be hardly seems rhetorical. It's likely you're looking for a real answer to a question like that.

That's makes no sense at all.

yes my question was not posed in the correct format but i do find it rhetorical when the answer is my user name. i thought it was obvious but i seemed to have been proved wrong.

Cheesegreater
06-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Haha!! I'm a dumbass. Gave me a good laugh there.

A lot of the time I don't pay attention to the names and just look at the questions. Funny shit though. My bad.

Exarch
06-17-2007, 02:10 PM
haha, i love these three songs
favourite tool song/s atm

julacious-p
06-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah what he said...

Da Rev
07-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah, it was originally one track called Resolution, but they split it up at the last minute.

That is indeed interesting.

merkabaman
07-24-2007, 10:01 PM
I heard (this is just speculation) that the 23 min. track had something to do with the whole awe surrounding the number 23. Hence Viginti Tres on the new record. Might I add too, that the masterful way in which Disposition with it's minimal lyrical exchange builds to the amazing visual crescendo of Reflection and then brings you crashing down to the bare-chested tribalism of Triad is amazing. It really illustrates what I believe was the whole point of the album. All of you probably already thought this, I just felt like reiterating... cause I'm a dolt.