PDA

View Full Version : MY least favorite track on the album

interpretation
11-30-2002, 11:21 AM
this is not commonly accepted by any of my fellow TOOL fan-friends, but this is and always has been the track that I skip. I take it with about as much weight as the track directly preceding it. Personally I think it was one of the lesser thought out tracks, and it leaves very little room for interpretation. Maybe it's me, but I just listen to this song and assume it's a joke. Of course, if any other band were to do this song I would call it their masterpiece, but for TOOL it just seems so shallow..it did clear up a lot of impressions on "selling out", however. For this I respect it.

Iris
12-07-2002, 09:20 AM
Me and you surely think differently about this track. It happens to be one of my faves because it shows the lighter side of Tool. Everytime I listen to Aenima I always make sure to listen to this tune. It's hilarious! :D

~Iris

Meuterei
12-07-2002, 09:34 AM
Hmm... It's my least favorite track as well... but for different reasons.

I have to be in a specific mood to listen to it, unlike the rest of the album, which flows freely to me regardless of my situation.

I respect and like the song, and its message, but it's too cacophonic for me to listen to when I'm not angry.

Hogpile
12-16-2002, 06:45 AM
I disagree with every post except Iris. First of all let me state that this song is, in fact, one of Tool's Masterpieces. It's packed fucking full of theme, irony, anger, sarchasm, and best of all one extra large dose of a middle finger getting shoved right up some fucking poser's pereivial ass! Whats not to like? Shallow? Come on! How can you say that about a song about people who support corporate American economy by everyday consumption and by living in a "sellout" society, and then turn around and shit on someone's artistic expression becauses they think they know more about whats right or wrong then the person actually making the music? fuck that was a long run on sentence. Shallow? I think this song delves deeper then alot of Tool's other songs that everyone else is so hung up on being so deep and meaningful. I will further state, that there are no tracks whatsoever on AEnima that I skip. I think that the whole album is a fucking masterpiece beginning to end, and by far the best shit tool has done.

Flood
12-22-2002, 03:46 PM
Out of all the Aenima songs (I mean the real songs) this is the one that I skip the most. That's not saying that it's a bad song, it's just saying that Stinkfist, Eulogy, H, 46 and 2, Jimmy, Pushit, Aenima, and Third Eye are personally better.

Hyatir
12-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Hogpile
I think that the whole album is a fucking masterpiece beginning to end, and by far the best shit tool has done.

Hehe, thats a funny image, Maynard on the crapper and he gets up and sees Aenima floating in the toilet. He picks it up, puts it in his Cd changer right next to the crap stained Opiate, Undertow, Salival, and Lateralus albums. haha wow i have an immature sense of humor.

Hogpile
12-24-2002, 12:15 PM
Hyatir
Level 5 - Deep Thinker -

Hehe, thats a funny image, Maynard on the crapper and he gets up and sees Aenima floating in the toilet. He picks it up, puts it in his Cd changer right next to the crap stained Opiate, Undertow, Salival, and Lateralus albums. haha wow i have an immature sense of humor.

Actually, if I was Tool, I would throw Opiate in the toliet and flush it. And thanks for the post Hyatir- such endless wit should be rewarded with my equally imature gesture of flipping you off and grabbing my crotch. hehe. Get bent you fuckhead. hoho teehee and whoppiefuckindoopie.

Hyatir
12-28-2002, 05:15 PM
heh, calm down man a little harmless wordplay never hurt anyone.

And if it's immature? who cares, i was amused. I didnt mean any offense by it, and you shouldnt take any. Or give any.

drum_dood
01-06-2003, 02:09 PM
i think this song totally kicks ass. it's about telling people to fuck off and that who cares if tool sells out, they are just trying to make a living. plus that dumbshit who said they were sellin out is still wearin corporate clothes and drinkin a coke, so he's just a bitch as well. i don't skip this track or any of the real songs on aenima, and i'd advise everyone else to listen to every tool song as well. that's about it.

Undertolerance
01-14-2003, 11:54 PM
Jesus mugging christ I could not have put it better myslef Hogpile! I commend thee greatly, Stick it to the man!!

Slash05
01-17-2003, 12:02 PM
This is my favorite song on the album. Cause I feel it is the heaviest song on the album. I love the way Maynard paints a picture of a person who is a walking commercial and he's calling Tool sell-outs. And unlike others I could never ever skip this song when listening too Aenima.

KurtSurge
01-17-2003, 04:32 PM
This is definately not the best song on the album, but I always make sure not to skip it, because it is still a great song. It's great the way he tells this guy off who thinks he knows shit about tool. Aenima is their best album and I like every song on it, although Third Eye is my favorite.

the reverend
01-17-2003, 07:24 PM
Hooker is a great track. I remember at first i used to hate it and always used to skip it, but it seems to have grown on me.
Its definately one of my faves off Aenema now.

MentalSanityOff
08-20-2004, 11:29 PM
id hafta agree, one of my favorite tracks on the CD

one of Tool's blunter songs, but hey, a song can still be good even if you can't spend hours on end making different theories on what the song is trying to say

scummonk
09-23-2004, 02:48 PM
dude, read the above date. this thread is almost 2 years old.

its real annoying wen u reply to a post thats old and u dont realise

shit havent i jus done that
*kicks himself*

champion
03-19-2006, 08:14 PM
I love this song, especially the chorus, the ending, and especially the drumming.

Ænigma
03-20-2006, 10:09 AM
I sort of agree with you. Hooker With A Penis is without a doubt an awesome song but I get tired of listening to it. Out of all the songs on the album I listen to it the least but still I do love it and enjoy listening to it.