PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Inner Child

]v[edusa
04-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey, this has probably been said before but I'm just adding my view on the song to help out a new thread I have on "jimmy"

Prison Sex is about someone who got sexually abused as a child by a Father figure and then became the abuser himself. This Father figure is someone that the child looked up to, he is one of the few people that, at the time of the abuse, the child was ever in contact with. The Father figure got abused as a child and it scarred his life. When the Father was abused, as a child, the damage continued at unconscious levels. As a child, he felt guilty as if it was all his fault. Out of the horrible feelings that he got from abuse, it caused him to harm the child [the person talking in the song] the same way thinking that it was normal to do so because it was done onto him. It was like it was necessary for him to do it in his mind.

So the person talking in the song, who got abused, is looking back at all this, he is scarred from the abuse in the past. He also thought that whatever was happening to him he felt he was getting punished and felt guilty for it. He wanted to get back for all the abuse because his scarred mind thought it would make him whole to do so. In a way he thinks that it would be the right thing to do because it was done to him. It is almost like he wanted to abuse just like how he was abused. I think he ended up abusing the same way like his father abused him but I think by the end of it he did notice that the pain in the abused (martyrs) eyes was the same pain that he had when he was young. He became his terror.

I don’t know if the speaker noticed, but we can see that he is kind of doing it out of guilt. He also feels that he has to do it this way. You notice that a child getting abused should not be at fault, but since the child thinks that way it leaves these scars on the mind, they would think that everything was hopeless. We saw that he became like his father and he became what he was afraid of as a child. We could see why this whole situation was taking place and that there was a chain event of a family line of abusers.

I think the over all message is to notice that whatever abuse you did get as a child wasn’t your fault and that you should realize the damage that was done to your inner child before you become like the abuser.

With this in mind, this story was put together to apply to people who did get physically or sexually abused. It actually could apply to any form of abuse that would have scarred someone as a child that sat at the back of their mind for several years. The abuse could have came from others other then your parents. If I’m not mistaken, I think Maynard said that he got abused as a child by his stepfather? It probably wasn’t in the same fashion as “Prison Sex”, but he obviously relates his wounded inner child experiences from abuse in the song and maybe if it went unnoticed then he would have became his terror.

I don’t know how real prison sex goes, but I think that if someone raped a person in the ass in jail then they may have left a big enough scar in the persons mind to get that person do it to someone else in order to make them feel whole.