PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, so I don't know if this has been thought of

Josh_G
04-10-2007, 03:06 AM
Umm, I've listened to this song, I don't know how many times, and I've drawn a conclusion.

You guys are digging too deep. "where there's one you're bound to divide it, right in two" Just look at what he's saying. The song has nothing to do with "idols" or "love"
It's about division.

So my final answer on what the chorus is: "Cut and divide it all, right in two"
Makes a lot more sense, considering the way Maynard writes his lyrics, wouldn't u think?

HelenA
04-10-2007, 03:14 AM
Welcome. Great song - all thoughts are good.

Inner_Eulogy
04-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Umm, I've listened to this song, I don't know how many times, and I've drawn a conclusion.

You guys are digging too deep. "where there's one you're bound to divide it, right in two" Just look at what he's saying. The song has nothing to do with "idols" or "love"
It's about division.

So my final answer on what the chorus is: "Cut and divide it all, right in two"
Makes a lot more sense, considering the way Maynard writes his lyrics, wouldn't u think?

I disagree, it's not not about division. Well, he's faulting the division of things if you mean it in that sense. If only us "silly monkeys" could learn to fucking share this world and things in it, we wouldn't have to fight over who's is who's.

Josh_G
04-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much how I meant it. heheh
Was a bit tipsy when I wrote my initial post, so I didn't quite go into as much depth as I probably should have. My original argument still stands, to me at least.

Inner_Eulogy
04-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much how I meant it. heheh
Was a bit tipsy when I wrote my initial post, so I didn't quite go into as much depth as I probably should have. My original argument still stands, to me at least.

Very good, carry on

Apachana
04-10-2007, 02:20 PM
I'd like to divide on that one! ..haha.

It's not about division. It's about "Symmetry"
Things can only exist in themselves. if they are distinguished.
Distinguishing is dividing from the all.

When we "come one". We are no longer divided. an You seize to be. Then there's only One. No more You&all™. Just All.

Thus ALL that is. can only be if there is consciousness.
And Consciousness is Division.

So the song is about Existence. Existence can only be in a state of division.

So we are !!> bound to divide <!!. everything. or else it seized to be. and slides back into the nothingness of ALL.

Cheesegreater
04-11-2007, 11:19 AM
*cease dude.

Can I please have a hit of whatever you're smoking?

Apachana
04-12-2007, 12:13 PM
I guess that would be Substance-D. really great for Division haha.

tryptosaur
05-04-2007, 05:34 AM
Your interpretation of the chorus sounds very plausable. It makes sense.

base metal
05-07-2007, 11:37 PM
So my final answer on what the chorus is: "Cut and divide it all, right in two

Mine 2

Though this argument will out-live me.

heero0420
05-09-2007, 12:53 PM
"Cut and Divide it all", doesnt fit in to the lyrics, rythmically speaking.

parables in the world
07-01-2007, 12:13 PM
how bout "cut it, divide it all"

Inner_Eulogy
07-02-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm still going with "cuttin' our love, right in two"

dirkz
07-02-2007, 08:37 PM
You're right, it's about division, but I think it's about division of the human race: into angels and monkeys

And I still don't know what that line is. Nothing sounds right to me. Sorry....

Bundahead
07-04-2007, 10:12 AM
does anyone think that the song could be about how we humans don't know how to get along with each other very well? Does anyone else hear a message of maybe...frustration. If only we could see through the eyes of an angel we might be able to stop "cutting it right all right in two?"
Oh yeah, and about the line "plenty in this holy garden, silly monkies, when there's one you're bound to devide it, right in two" "it" is a pronoun referring to back to the noun "garden" found earlier in the sentance so it seems to be pretty basic grammer..to simplify the sentance we could say: The silly monkies devide the plentiful holy garden in two.

]v[edusa
07-04-2007, 11:18 AM
has anyone else seen the right in two and schism connection??? cutting our love right in two makes a lot of sense. http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=2018848&postcount=59

The song has everything to do with love. Its the love between us all spliting into peices.... the love being split in two and the two peices opposing one another.... good and evil, light and dark, negative and positive.... they are all equal.... they must be reunited so that the love will stay strong.

dirkz
07-04-2007, 07:52 PM
has anyone else seen the right in two and schism connection??? cutting our love right in two makes a lot of sense. http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=2018848&postcount=59

The song has everything to do with love. Its the love between us all spliting into peices.... the love being split in two and the two peices opposing one another.... good and evil, light and dark, negative and positive.... they are all equal.... they must be reunited so that the love will stay strong.

Yea, that's way too similar to be a coincidence. And your right, it does make sense, I still just don't hear it =P.

The Holy Gift
07-08-2007, 10:49 PM
this song isnt that hard to find the meaning in. come on, i guess its like they say, hiding in plain sight. the song is about how man (aka silly monkey) and how we're never happy (aka eden wasnt enough) and how we have the potential for so much more, but give us thumbs and we make a club to beat our brother down. its about how we make war on each other for "pieces of the ground". its about how "repugnant" we are to squander our spirituality and fight over which religion is better, when in fact no religion at all would be better. its about how we fight over everything from the ground, to the air, to the clouds, to the sun. its about how we've survived "so misguided is a myster". and hes trying to tell us that if we dont change, we're gonna keep dividing everything in two until there is nothing left to divide, and it wont matter because there will be none of us left to divide. so get ur silly monkey thumbs out of your silly monkey asses, and start making the world a better place!

Inner_Eulogy
07-09-2007, 09:43 AM
this song isnt that hard to find the meaning in. come on, i guess its like they say, hiding in plain sight. the song is about how man (aka silly monkey) and how we're never happy (aka eden wasnt enough) and how we have the potential for so much more, but give us thumbs and we make a club to beat our brother down. its about how we make war on each other for "pieces of the ground". its about how "repugnant" we are to squander our spirituality and fight over which religion is better, when in fact no religion at all would be better. its about how we fight over everything from the ground, to the air, to the clouds, to the sun. its about how we've survived "so misguided is a myster". and hes trying to tell us that if we dont change, we're gonna keep dividing everything in two until there is nothing left to divide, and it wont matter because there will be none of us left to divide. so get ur silly monkey thumbs out of your silly monkey asses, and start making the world a better place!

Well that was quite a clever way of copying the lyrics and not really saying a single thing.

dirkz
07-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Well that was quite a clever way of copying the lyrics and not really saying a single thing.

Thank you. I didn't want to say anything.

The Holy Gift
07-09-2007, 02:24 PM
i dont think i "copied" the lyrics, i threw a line in here and there, and then described what the line meant....thats called supporting an argument with evidence...i know u dont see a lot of that around here and may not be used to it. but if u need to me to do it like everyone else ok: the song is about man being ingnorant and spending too much time fighting each other. we could be using our potential to further the species, but instead we use our potential to keep killing our species. our pursuit of war, is clouding our pursuit of higher evolution. so like i said before, get ur silly monkey thumbs out of ur silly monkey asses. =p

dirkz
07-09-2007, 06:18 PM
i dont think i "copied" the lyrics, i threw a line in here and there, and then described what the line meant....thats called supporting an argument with evidence...i know u dont see a lot of that around here and may not be used to it. but if u need to me to do it like everyone else ok: the song is about man being ingnorant and spending too much time fighting each other. we could be using our potential to further the species, but instead we use our potential to keep killing our species. our pursuit of war, is clouding our pursuit of higher evolution. so like i said before, get ur silly monkey thumbs out of ur silly monkey asses. =p

Said as though you are not included in the silly monkey category with the rest of us.

And you also manage to suggest everyone on this forum completely makes up theie own arguments. That might piss some people off.

The Holy Gift
07-09-2007, 08:39 PM
of course people make up their own arguments....if they didnt...it wouldnt be THEIR argument, it would be some1 elses. what i said is that people often say things without supporting them. and to be honest, i try not to be a silly monkey. "i voted against the war in iraq". lol. but for real, there was a guy in a different thread http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=79700 that said it would bad if everyone ascended to have 1 conscious would be bad, because people with different views are often at odds with each other, and that differences in opinion cause war, and that is good because it entertains him. that is who that sentence is for, ignorant, backward thinking people like him.

Inner_Eulogy
07-10-2007, 09:42 AM

This I can agree with....I just thought it was lame when your whole previous paragraph was basically using every tidbit of lyrics that you could. People should have their own sense of self when speaking. It's one thing to reference a line here or there but when everything that comes out your mouth is quoting the lyrics...it's kinda' lame. But don't take that wrong, that's just my feeble minded opinion. I prefer to speak for myself.

The Holy Gift
07-10-2007, 11:37 PM
and i understand what u mean, and i appreciate your opinion on the matter of the song. i just thought if i referenced a line, then explained it, it would be obvious enough, and i apologize if it came off wrong. i still think this song is a brilliant metaphor/allegory.

uummm..nocoolnames
07-11-2007, 12:22 AM

i agree with your view, from the first time i heard this song, it sounded to me like a wake up call to the human race. tools saying "HEY, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU FIGHTING OVER, YOU STUPID SHITS, LAND?!!! you guys gotta grow up and work together"

The Holy Gift
07-11-2007, 07:14 PM
i agree with your view, from the first time i heard this song, it sounded to me like a wake up call to the human race. tools saying "HEY, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU FIGHTING OVER, YOU STUPID SHITS, LAND?!!! you guys gotta grow up and work together"

yes, someone else with a full 2 halves of a brain! right on! i mean in the song, metaphorically, the garden of eden wasnt good enough, how could we have fucked that up? because as a species we are way to immature. modern man is only 50,000 years old......how long were the dinosaurs here.....100's of millions. all i think he is saying is that if we dont quit fighting each other over stupid shit, were only going to have been around 50,000 years.