PDA

View Full Version : Maybe someone else remembers...

StrangeThingsAfoot
04-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Back in 94, maybe 95, Tool had a shirt out that featured two images, front and back that I think are somehow connected to this song.

The shirt was black, with the Tool lettered logo on the front, and superimposed in the background was a rectangular (canvasing the tool lettering) picture of Jesus Christ's face while wearing the crown of thorns. Looks like the typical face in any crucifiction painting. On the back it read "All Sheep No Sheppard".

As prophetic as the song is, and as seemingly similar the underlying message of Disgustipated and the message "All Sheep No Sheppard" on the shirt are, I can only assume the two are related, or at least the shirt is influenced by the "message" of the song.

I think the song is just a way to play on the exxagerations of organized religion. The carrots are just used as symbolism for people, and the "holocaust" Maynard speaks of is just a metaphor of the constant warnings of impending doom and damnation you typically see portrayed in predominately Christian-heavy areas.

Take a trip through the rural suburbs of Vicksburg, Mississippi and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Thoughts?

(Not bad for my third post)

Apocalypse2moro
04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
I had this T-shirt! Only it said "All indians, no chiefs" on mine. But good call, I'd forgotten all about it. Wore it so much it got holy so it's in a box somewhere.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
04-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Find it and mail it to me...ill wear it even if its holy...thanks man my address is.....ha