PDA

View Full Version : let us be your neuroleptic...

Matteran
07-15-2003, 02:11 PM
www.neuroleptic.net

I'd be much appreciated if you were to download some of the songs, in fact, today (tuesday) band practice is focusing on rerecording a bunch of songs in a much more mastered fashion. Tell us what you think, and I'll update you when we get a few songs recorded.

Thank You

guy
07-15-2003, 04:44 PM
i like the noise stuff that you do, like the fan thingy and the concert intro thingy...do more of those.

Matteran
07-19-2003, 10:19 PM
Thanks, I really like the noise stuff too. Also, we didn't really record any of our songs, instead the guitarist and I just recorded 70 min. of jamming. So, I think we'll be putting some of those up, not sure yet...

Matteran
07-23-2003, 02:23 PM
I casualy mastered a few parts of our jams that have a song like structure, and put them on the site. It's just our guitarist, and me on the Tablas. Tell me what you think.

http://www.neuroleptic.net/multiA.htm

psilomind
07-23-2003, 03:13 PM
Did you start playing the tablas before or after you heard of Aloke Dutta? Its not too important, but I'm just curious as to why that was your choice of instrument...

I listened to some of the songs though, and they seemed pretty good. I'll get to that jam thinger once I finish dinner.

Matteran
07-23-2003, 10:56 PM
It was after. I heard pushit (live), and fell in love with the hand drums (tablas). I downloaded gobs of indian music, and fell in love with the traditional and everything. Nativly I'm not a drummer. I play sax in concert and jazz band for school, and write acoustic guitar songs for myself. About a year and a half ago, I was playing some hand drums during a Neuroleptic practice, and we tried to incorporate it into our music. For a while I was playing congas in the fashion of traditional tabla, but I recieved tablas as a gift for working many hours on someones computer. I took a few lessons, but I guess the lessons arn't happening anymore, so I've kinda migrated away from traditional tabla, and have just kinda played around. I'd really love to start taking lessons again, but I can't seem to find any where I live.

...hmmm, don't worry, I'm not up on some pony... I just felt like recapping why I got into Tablas for myself too.

Matteran
07-25-2003, 01:28 PM
We just made a riff either 19 or 18 beats long, and the tempo is 209bpm... weird shit. Could you guys tell me some time signatures that it might be.

Like 19/24 or something, i don't know crazy signatures like that very well. If you need I could upload the sound file.