PDA

View Full Version : Breathing

justify_denials
04-08-2007, 05:04 AM
about a year ago. I listened to this song. It felt so much like deep and heavy breathing. Not long later I stoped listening to the lateralus. So the past year I have not thought much about tool in general. Anyways, I just listened to lateralus the other night. I remember parabol breathing. Parabol/parabola are songs about the essence of life. Each time you breath in, then you breath out. Well the first breath out is during the cymbals, then the second breath is during breathing in....it slowly builds up as it invigorates you. You feel more and more alive as you build up to Parabola. And though Parabola is a more complex song, you can remain the breathing pattern. It is definately more complex in Parabola. You relie more on all the instruments to remain the pattern. But the breathing is more of a parabol breathing than the more relaxed breathing in Parabol. Parabola is roaring tranquility. Peace in loneliness. Each step towards the last when the sprit world is, truly the same as life. All that seems one can be what you are yet to experience. When death, fade not into oblivion but into purely light of the surrounding world in which you once lived in. Pure energy and no mass. The gases exhaled are expressed through the three men spinning around the stone in the music video.
One, towards the end of the video achieves total blend in towards the environment that all forms of energy can be seen......then pure white light, energy. Death, as expressed by the very last soft and broken down guitar riff of loneliness and peace.

Escape is all we live for.

orange_knickers
04-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Escape is all we live for.[/QUOTE]

Breathing is also what I thought about, when listening to this, it reminds me of the way one practices breathing when meditating, or practicing yoga. This song has a profound and very comforting effect on me, in that it brings me to almost that same "letting go" feeling, as when meditating, exactly what I would call "peace in loneliness".

justify_denials
04-13-2007, 01:17 AM
Escape is all we live for.

Breathing is also what I thought about, when listening to this, it reminds me of the way one practices breathing when meditating, or practicing yoga. This song has a profound and very comforting effect on me, in that it brings me to almost that same "letting go" feeling, as when meditating, exactly what I would call "peace in loneliness".[/QUOTE]

Yes. Exactly. Meditating. And on a bit more scientific note, we really do breathe to escape; scientificly that is, oxygen actually breaks down cells and causes aging. That is why people take Antioxidents to slow this process, on a different side note. I understand that profound comforting effect it has. By far the most comforting tool song for me. Strangely more so than Lateralus. Lateralus is almost a complete opposite yet equal positive song as parabol/parabola.

On another side note, TOOL is truly amazing unlike any other band.

orange_knickers
04-13-2007, 03:51 AM
By far the most comforting tool song for me. Strangely more so than Lateralus. Lateralus is almost a complete opposite yet equal positive song as parabol/parabola.

On another side note, TOOL is truly amazing unlike any other band.

Yes, I think I understand what you mean by complete opposite...while Parabol/a finds peace in tranquility, an appreciation of mere existance, Lateralus has a momentum... something pushing forward, upward, towards new levels of conciousness. (Or so I feel... :) )

justify_denials
04-15-2007, 12:39 AM
Yes, I think I understand what you mean by complete opposite...while Parabol/a finds peace in tranquility, an appreciation of mere existance, Lateralus has a momentum... something pushing forward, upward, towards new levels of conciousness. (Or so I feel... :) )

Yes, I feel the same. Like lateralus is like ennlightenment, healing, what you say pushing, momentum organic momentum/energy even. I mostly feel and see colors of light when I listen to and think of lateralus. Where as Parabol/a is more colors like darker blue/black/brown but not negatively; more like a inner working we don't really see so it's black. Black can be an expression of evil or death but also an expression for what we cannot see but cen feel or be a part of.

orange_knickers
04-16-2007, 02:10 AM
I mostly feel and see colors of light when I listen to and think of lateralus. Where as Parabol/a is more colors like darker blue/black/brown but not negatively; more like a inner working we don't really see so it's black. Black can be an expression of evil or death but also an expression for what we cannot see but cen feel or be a part of.

I see colours too, especially with Parabol/a... darkness, but with warmth...deep orange, and reds, like flames...
As for black, I thought about Lateralus tonight. I had to take my bike home, in the middle of the night, and ride thru these woods. It was pitch black and for a moment I just thought I'd turn back, but the ride would have taken me twice as long had I taken the other path. So in I went into the darkness, had to lead my bike. When the streetlights had all dissapeared I stood there in this almost complete darkness, hardly able to make out the path. For a moment I had this panic building, but then I just took a long breath and took the darkness in, just stood there listening to the night. Slowly u start to make out the shapes, the path appeared just a little lighter than the vegetation, I could hear the sound of distant cars to the left, and the deer moving in the darkness to the right...and then I looked up and saw Ursa Minor, with the Polaris... *s* And it was amazing...one of those moments when u feel so intensely alive, I could hear my heart beating in my ears, and it was just such a kick to walk those miles in the dark and almost go by instinct and still make it home... It seems trivial I'm sure, but it was a moment of total presence, and I've come not to take those for granted... :) So black doesn't have to be evil... actually it was a little dissapointing to return to civilisation, and be blinded by the streetlights. :)
A long digression from the topic...sorry....

justify_denials
04-18-2007, 01:18 AM
I see colours too, especially with Parabol/a... darkness, but with warmth...deep orange, and reds, like flames...
As for black, I thought about Lateralus tonight. I had to take my bike home, in the middle of the night, and ride thru these woods. It was pitch black and for a moment I just thought I'd turn back, but the ride would have taken me twice as long had I taken the other path. So in I went into the darkness, had to lead my bike. When the streetlights had all dissapeared I stood there in this almost complete darkness, hardly able to make out the path. For a moment I had this panic building, but then I just took a long breath and took the darkness in, just stood there listening to the night. Slowly u start to make out the shapes, the path appeared just a little lighter than the vegetation, I could hear the sound of distant cars to the left, and the deer moving in the darkness to the right...and then I looked up and saw Ursa Minor, with the Polaris... *s* And it was amazing...one of those moments when u feel so intensely alive, I could hear my heart beating in my ears, and it was just such a kick to walk those miles in the dark and almost go by instinct and still make it home... It seems trivial I'm sure, but it was a moment of total presence, and I've come not to take those for granted... :) So black doesn't have to be evil... actually it was a little dissapointing to return to civilisation, and be blinded by the streetlights. :)
A long digression from the topic...sorry....

long from the topic; digression is a part of the topic. Your story brought back something in me, the reason I started to listen to tool again recently. I was slipping again, I felt it, so I connected with tool and then with this forum again. Recently my story in the dark is that I avoided it when strange experiences happened. In the past I found my self several times. I learned from a experience when I was out late sitting on the porch I saw a shooting star, as out of the blue wished upon thee star to come upon several minutes later a huge gigantic star shoot across the sky; which was strangly about the size of headlights in the sky and blue. But related to other interests in soceity; walking alone on a lonely highway in the middle of the night to home; listening to cars (their engines) differentiating sounds of engines to others and realizing you can tell the sound of a engine by it's cylinders, era, manufacturer, and many more. I was always a car fanatic before hand anyways, and vintage cars at that. Sounds stupid I am sure! Your story lit a flame in me. I remembered all the times in me I sacrificed for something else. And more than anything I remember the times before I am drinking this alcohol at this moment.

orange_knickers
04-18-2007, 03:29 AM
long from the topic; digression is a part of the topic. Your story brought back something in me, the reason I started to listen to tool again recently. I was slipping again, I felt it, so I connected with tool and then with this forum again. Recently my story in the dark is that I avoided it when strange experiences happened. In the past I found my self several times. I learned from a experience when I was out late sitting on the porch I saw a shooting star, as out of the blue wished upon thee star to come upon several minutes later a huge gigantic star shoot across the sky; which was strangly about the size of headlights in the sky and blue. But related to other interests in soceity; walking alone on a lonely highway in the middle of the night to home; listening to cars (their engines) differentiating sounds of engines to others and realizing you can tell the sound of a engine by it's cylinders, era, manufacturer, and many more. I was always a car fanatic before hand anyways, and vintage cars at that. Sounds stupid I am sure! Your story lit a flame in me. I remembered all the times in me I sacrificed for something else. And more than anything I remember the times before I am drinking this alcohol at this moment.

Does not sound stupid at all, to me... We tend to neglect our senses too much. If that is pleasurable to u then it is, that's what's important. Glad that u could find something of worth in my post ! :)

ASnakeForEveryEden
05-10-2007, 07:03 PM
.. sigh

Eulogy33
05-29-2007, 05:07 PM
this song is good for heavy,deep breathing. It always relaxes me and takes me away from the burdens of everyday life.

Mercurious5
06-15-2007, 06:33 AM
I agree, this song really wakes up my sleepy thoughts...

Ghostwriter
06-15-2007, 08:57 AM
I agree, this song really wakes up my sleepy thoughts...

ZZZZzzzzzz...

Exarch
06-17-2007, 02:21 PM
the path brightening up was actually your natural nightvision kicking in - your pupils dilating - sorry to kill the mood... I love moments like that.

Ghostwriter
06-22-2007, 07:27 AM
I think of this song as some sort of therapeutic tool to help you with proper breathing. LEVEL 7 HERE I COME!