PDA

View Full Version : Interested in opinions...

bonzovt
07-15-2003, 09:54 AM
My band has a couple MP3s up on our incomplete website. We are all huge Tool fans and they are one of our biggest influences, so I know that you peeps will enjoy. Let me know what you think! www.outoforbit.org

psilomind
07-15-2003, 10:07 AM
In a matter of about ten minutes, you have become one of my favorite bands....

I really hope you guys make it big

empty_blanket
07-15-2003, 11:11 AM
did you get "celler door" from Donnie Darko, or is it just a really cool coincedince?
Your site is really impressive. I have very slow internet, so the song won't be done for some time, but I'll let you know what I think.

piggy
07-15-2003, 11:27 AM
I just listened to "haunted dreams" and I have to say that I liked it. Sounds a lot like Tool, but I still enjoyed it.

Where are you guys from? And did I see that you are selling copies? I'm always willing to support "good" unsigned bands. Wait, are you guys signed yet?

bonzovt
07-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Nah...not signed, just outta college trying to make our way in the business. We are looking for a guitar player at the moment and once that is settled we can get back to playing around the east coast. We are in Blacksburg, VA for the moment. Thanks for the replies!! I can give more info later when I'm home from work.

WideOpenEye
07-15-2003, 12:22 PM
liked the tunes guy...keep at it, you guys have potential

empty_blanket
07-15-2003, 01:31 PM
I like Blue Void. It's the only one I've downloaded so far. I hope when you guys get big, you'll do a Canadian tour! And go to Hamilton, not Toronto! I hate Toronto!

stattica
07-15-2003, 03:00 PM
its sort of like a Tool and Leitmotif Dredg mix

bonzovt
07-15-2003, 03:36 PM
Cellar Door was taken from Donnie Darko, although I personally have yet to see the movie. The demo recording was actually our 3rd show ever and our first Sat night show at a club downtown. We paid very little money for the recording and did all the artwork/cd coping at kinkos and cheap cd duplication. It has 7 original songs and is just over 50 min long. Hopefully we will get a studio quality recording soon that we can try to sell! Who knows...for now, I'll put a few more MP3s up for ya! Enjoy...

GernBlanston
07-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Nah...not signed, just outta college trying to make our way in the business. We are looking for a guitar player at the moment and once that is settled we can get back to playing around the east coast. We are in Blacksburg, VA for the moment. Thanks for the replies!! I can give more info later when I'm home from work.
if i lived anywhere near VA i'd fill out an application. i'm always looking to jam.

dfbovey
07-18-2003, 09:32 AM
Not bad! If you guys ever play a show in the Alexandria area I'll have to come by.

bonzovt
07-28-2003, 05:57 AM
We finally found a guitar player! Working on getting things up and running as soon as possible. I don't move into my new place until Aug 8th, so I will put new MP3s up sometime around then once I get my computer set up.

reign3
07-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Wow man. That is some incredible shit. I love it! I can see the Tool influence but it's too predominant in your music. You guys still manage to find your own niche.

Out of curiosity, what do you do/play in the band?

bonzovt
07-28-2003, 10:56 AM
Out of curiosity, what do you do/play in the band?

If you are a Led Zeppelin fan you may be able to figure it out based on my screen name ... but anyways, I am the drummer. Thanks for the input! We aren't trying to sound like Tool or anyone else, but Tool is a huge influence. Many people have used them to describe us, but I think it is just because of the length of the songs and the progressive nature of the music. I hate that comparison though because no band is anywhere near Tool...those guys are on another level.

reign3
07-28-2003, 04:13 PM
Oh shit! On that last post of mine I said the Tool influence is "too predominant." I actualy meant to say it's "NOT too predominant." That's a pretty stupid mistake and I apologize. But really, you guys ARE unique and kickass. Sorry bout that.

holy reality
07-28-2003, 08:21 PM
I like what I'm hearing, though I only listened to Synapse... but.... I'm not too sure I like the guys voice all that much... it's alright but I'm picky when it comes to voices.

I'll listen to some more of them later hopefully... becuase I like what I'm hearing.

bonzovt
08-06-2003, 10:46 AM
The WUVT recordings are kinda crappy...I know. You can't really hear the bass, yet the bass really is bass, rythm guitar and melody all rolled up into one. Plus, the demo recording is of our 3rd show over, so we have progressed a lot. I should have my PC up and running this weekend...I'll get the rest of the demo up there if anyone is interested.

*Note: this post was reply number 420 for TDN Records!! Go me...

Vile1011
08-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Really nice stuff! Aside from the less than stellar production(and I can't really blame you for that, it's not like you have the bucks to spend), you're just as good as a lot of professional metal bands. Good luck to you all, keep the band going so when you make it big, we can all say that we were there when it all began!

Edit: No, you're BETTER than a damn lot of professional bands. I hear more talent in these songs than most anything in mainstream music today. You guys rule, with good production you'd be among my favorite bands.

bonzovt
08-19-2003, 12:02 PM
I put the rest of our demo mp3's up on the website. I posted that in another thread, but I figured some people who checked this out earlier may not have seen that one.

bonzovt
09-16-2003, 11:08 AM
we will be getting mp3s from our first show back up on the site soon. anyone who is interested can check out our new sound with the new guitar player... ill keep ya posted.

Absolute_Chaos
09-17-2003, 01:27 PM
Here this is a new band i am sure no one here knows of

Cripple Mr Onion
www.cripple.co.nz

Great band not mine but Great you can down load a few of their songs i recomend nevermore or six days of silence.