PDA

View Full Version : see it through my eyes...

author of bible
04-06-2007, 04:55 PM
I dont know whether this has been posted here before or not...
if yes, i beg you pardons..
H. seems like a battle going on within the individual, between the mind and heart,
between good and evil,

"What's coming through is alive. What's holding up is a mirror.

in this conflict between the good and evil inside a person whichever subverts the other, the consequences have vital effects .the aftermath will be a mirror image of the action, the"karma and effect"

"The snake behind me hisses what my damage could have been. My blood before me begs meopen up my heart again."

the "snake" could be a metaphor for satan,the Lucifer as he is commonly associated with the flagrant temptations that appear in our minds.It exaggerates the risks involved in doing the good deed
"blood" could be the light,within us, the instinct,that compells us away from the immoral temptations.

"And I feel this coming over like a storm again. considerately. Venomous voice, tempts me, drains me, bleeds me, leaves me cracked and empty. "

this war within,leaves a person wretched,and emotionally abjected,
venomous voice is the voice of satan.

"I am too connected to you to slip away, to fade away. Days away I still feel you touching me, changing me, and considerately killing me."

the bonds of desire are hard to break away from,

"Without the skin, beneath the storm, under these tears the walls came down. And the snake is drowned and as I look in his eyes, my fear begins to fade recalling all of those times.I could have cried then. I should have cried then.. "

the battle is over for the time being,the person put all his efforts and finally succeeded in crucifying the malevolence, he feels himself empty and broken by the tedious struggle, he tries to weep but he cant,

"And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes my fear begins to fade recalling all of the times I have died and will die. It's all right. I don't mind. "

overcoming your own desires is painful,
its like killing a part of yourself, but on the path to achieve eternal peace "nirvana"
(as they call it in buddhism) its essential..
the letter H. is like a diagram, the two towers referring to the forces of good and evil and the horizontal line referring to the conciousness being streched between them ( l - l )

THIS is the way i percieve this song, if you dont see it, its okey...
coz you dont have to...

the_milkman
04-07-2007, 02:30 PM
i really like your interpretation. sometimes we must endure so much pain before we can make foreward progress with our self/spirit/whateveryoucallit.

author of bible
04-08-2007, 08:01 AM
thanks for the appreciation,
actually i expected some hostility,as we usually see on other threads
thanks,you gave it an unconventional start

the_milkman
04-08-2007, 12:04 PM
oh... well in that case.. IM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS PRICK!!

;)

author of bible
04-08-2007, 03:05 PM
now..
that sounds more familiar..
lol.

Inner_Eulogy
04-09-2007, 12:58 PM
I dont know whether this has been posted here before or not...
if yes, i beg you pardons..
H. seems like a battle going on within the individual, between the mind and heart,
between good and evil,

"What's coming through is alive. What's holding up is a mirror.

in this conflict between the good and evil inside a person whichever subverts the other, the consequences have vital effects .the aftermath will be a mirror image of the action, the"karma and effect"

"The snake behind me hisses what my damage could have been. My blood before me begs meopen up my heart again."

the "snake" could be a metaphor for satan,the Lucifer as he is commonly associated with the flagrant temptations that appear in our minds.It exaggerates the risks involved in doing the good deed
"blood" could be the light,within us, the instinct,that compells us away from the immoral temptations.

"And I feel this coming over like a storm again. considerately. Venomous voice, tempts me, drains me, bleeds me, leaves me cracked and empty. "

this war within,leaves a person wretched,and emotionally abjected,
venomous voice is the voice of satan.

"I am too connected to you to slip away, to fade away. Days away I still feel you touching me, changing me, and considerately killing me."

the bonds of desire are hard to break away from,

"Without the skin, beneath the storm, under these tears the walls came down. And the snake is drowned and as I look in his eyes, my fear begins to fade recalling all of those times.I could have cried then. I should have cried then.. "

the battle is over for the time being,the person put all his efforts and finally succeeded in crucifying the malevolence, he feels himself empty and broken by the tedious struggle, he tries to weep but he cant,

"And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes my fear begins to fade recalling all of the times I have died and will die. It's all right. I don't mind. "

overcoming your own desires is painful,
its like killing a part of yourself, but on the path to achieve eternal peace "nirvana"
(as they call it in buddhism) its essential..
the letter H. is like a diagram, the two towers referring to the forces of good and evil and the horizontal line referring to the conciousness being streched between them ( l - l )

THIS is the way i percieve this song, if you dont see it, its okey...
coz you dont have to...

I like your track of thought on this and I can agree in a sense but as I have stated on another thread, I think that ultimately the bottom line is that it's about the birth of his son (which he has stated at a show prior to playing this song live) and he uses references from Carl Jung's theories to metaphorically describe the situation and what he had to go through emotionally and mentally and through self sacrifice as a father to become a better person than he was for his son being that he lives the rock star life. It's a masterpiece in my mind. He stepped through his shadow and faced his own emotional fears and it made him a stronger person. Just as the birth of my son has done for me.

author of bible
04-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I like your track of thought on this and I can agree in a sense but as I have stated on another thread, I think that ultimately the bottom line is that it's about the birth of his son (which he has stated at a show prior to playing this song live) and he uses references from Carl Jung's theories to metaphorically describe the situation and what he had to go through emotionally and mentally and through self sacrifice as a father to become a better person than he was for his son being that he lives the rock star life. It's a masterpiece in my mind. He stepped through his shadow and faced his own emotional fears and it made him a stronger person. Just as the birth of my son has done for me.

when i first listened to this track the interpretation i mentioned popped up in my mind,
its maynard's genius, he leaves so many aspects open in the lyrics,everyone can see it depicting their state of mind...
relation to his son is another of those innumerable aspects..