PDA

View Full Version : The second guitar

imaduh
04-06-2007, 05:05 AM
It sounds all nice and atonal. Does anyone think this was recorded live or overdubbed? Was it Adam Jones or some other hooligan? I'm referring to about the four and a half minute mark, tlthough it might appear before that if my memory serves. It's all over the place and scattered...

thezeusanator
04-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Maybe Maynard, probably an overdub. It's the the one that kinda sizzles right?

hushypushy
04-26-2007, 10:09 AM
It surely wasn't recorded live. I'm sure they overdubbed it in the studio, and I'm fairly sure it was played by Adam--why wouldn't it be?

Adam is very similar to one of my other favorite guitarists, Josh Homme, in that he likes to "play with himself" so to speak (on guitar.). Homme was the only guitarist in Kyuss, yet some of their songs (check out Welcome to Sky Valley) have three distinctly different guitar layers at the same time.

A lot of Tool songs have different layers, for example The Patient. After the intro, when the riff switches, you hear him playing two things at the same time, the lower in one channel and the higher in the other channel, very cool.

The Salival version of Third Eye has extra instrumentation and/or overdubs though...the booklet states that they used Vince De Franco on synthesizer.

imaduh
04-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Nice fucking reply, yo.

Enjoy the new tour...