PDA

View Full Version : Dead Sea Scrolls interp.

benjamin
04-05-2007, 08:02 PM
May the light of the sons of the righteous shine down upon all corners of the world untill the end of the appointed age of darkness--Dead Sea Scrolls

I saw this exerpt of the "scrolls" on some Nat. Geographic Chnl. show, and of course I thought of Jambi. As usual, I let myself ponder this feeling completely, and what I thought of I felt was worth mentioning.

Things came to mind concerning the above bold words and words in the song. It also made me realize a paradox of sorts about the phrasing of the verse in the song that resembles the text above, the verse after the solo. Maynard sings "shine on forever shine on... shine untill the 2 become 1..." this is a contradiction really, to say "forever" and then "untill". Untill obviously implies an end point that "forever" does not. Perhaps Maynards' "2 become 1" is the same as "the end of the age of darkness", ie; we are "broken, severred, in need of light" to guide our way in this "age of darkness".

Untill reading the exerpt (D S S) I really placed little to no energy on contemplating the whole son/sun question concerning the lyrics. However this gave me a basis for hearing a reference to a son "shining down" and such...

The Dead Sea Scrolls, at least to my knowledge, are about the founding of Judism. Which, for all intents and purposes, was the first "main" monotheistic form of worship. I think Jambi, maybe, is just talking about the creation of monotheistic worship.

In this line of thinking, paganism is a complicated, torant of fear and anxiety. Perpetuated only by the thought that the universe is mysterious and cruel. On the other hand, monotheism is based in trust, faith, and love. Is perpetuated by all that is good, and, will guide humanity through its most troubling times.

So, here's the best part. The age of darkness, I think, is all but over. Those of us that have embraced the light, and seen the path, will now be able to navigate in the darkness. Those who have not taken a good look while the light was on...

Peace.

"that boy's tuff as a dollar steak"

benjamin
04-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Edit: Why did you write "That boy's tuff as a dollar steak" at the bottom of your post?

While I posted this, I was watching NFL Network and there was a story 'bout the 68' (I think) Jets and I kept hearing over and over in the background...
"Namoth to Maynard, another completion... Namoth, throws to Maynard, they can't stop 'em..."

Anyway, I look back over my shoulder one time, and I see ol' "Broad way Joe" get crushed as he throws the ball. Perfect throw, bom down the sideline, caught over-the-shoulder by Maynard, TOUCHDOWN!! The announcer goes on to say...
"That boy's as tough as a dollar steak."
After I chuckled at the quip, (I just like ol' shit like that.) I noticed Namoth wore #12 and Maynard wore 13. That's, I guess how it made it to the post...

Meh... :)