PDA

View Full Version : Possible reason why this song was named "Ticks and Leeches"

Impatient215
03-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Aside from the obvious analogy of bloodsucking people to ticks and leeches:

If you try and tap out the beats on your arm or leg or something, it kind of feels like bugs crawling on you. Really get into it when you do it though. Notice how it progressively becomes more frantic. The music just explodes. Then Maynard is finally like "Get the FUCK off of me!", which is when he screams, "Suck and SUCK...." It just felt to me like he just had it, couldn't hold it in anymore, and just belts out this enormous scream to try and get them off of him. The imagery is incredible. Just goes to show how perfectly the words and music complement each other.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Aside from the obvious analogy of bloodsucking people to ticks and leeches:

If you try and tap out the beats on your arm or leg or something, it kind of feels like bugs crawling on you. Really get into it when you do it though. Notice how it progressively becomes more frantic. The music just explodes. Then Maynard is finally like "Get the FUCK off of me!", which is when he screams, "Suck and SUCK...." It just felt to me like he just had it, couldn't hold it in anymore, and just belts out this enormous scream to try and get them off of him. The imagery is incredible. Just goes to show how perfectly the words and music complement each other.

You thought long and hard about this post didnt you. haha Good Stuff. i didnt feel bugs crawling on me though :( I could just picture maynard saying "Get the FUCK off of me!" haha Cheers.

slamminsalmon
03-31-2007, 09:07 PM
lol ticks and leeches dont crawl all over you tho

maybe if it was ants and centipedes

or spiders and cockroaches

Impatient215
04-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Ok, maybe not ticks and leeches crawling on you, but definitely bugs.

* It should be noted that I was stoned when I came to this conclusion. I still believe that the music is meant to give the listener the visual of some type of annoying creature (hence the music becoming more frantic until Maynard starts screaming).

Lol @ Clutch.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
04-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Now i understand why your post was a bit crazy to say the least. You were stoned. Good Girl. Next time your stoned give me a post shout-out so i can laugh at you again. See ya

Clutch

vecima
04-02-2007, 04:53 AM
wasn't this song sort of stated to be about the music industry? or the business side of being a musical act? -- rather than a blood sucking group of creatures, i think it's more about a soul sucking group of people.

also... wow, everyone in this thread is from the east coast. i'm at work in marlton, nj myself.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
04-02-2007, 08:38 PM
very kool. Im from millville, nj way down south. its kool to see/hear people from jersey talk about my favorite band because its all rap/ghetto music lovers around here. either that or screamo/punk but im not into that crap. Cheers.

Impatient215
04-04-2007, 05:19 PM
wasn't this song sort of stated to be about the music industry? or the business side of being a musical act? -- rather than a blood sucking group of creatures, i think it's more about a soul sucking group of people.

I didn't mean that the song is literally about bugs or creatures, I meant that the music sounds like there are crawly things around.... or something. Oh well. It made sense when I first thunk it. (wonder why...)

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
04-04-2007, 08:26 PM
You musta been SOOOOOOOOOOO high....

Impatient215
04-04-2007, 09:28 PM
also... wow, everyone in this thread is from the east coast. i'm at work in marlton, nj myself.

Yeah that is crazy. I wonder if there's a conspiracy...

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
04-06-2007, 03:19 PM
that sucks....you live in philly but you work in Marlton, nj how long does it take you to get to work? im not really familiar with the location so it might just be 10 mins away. Cheers.

Tezcatlipoca
04-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I want some of that Jersey Bud you got . But for real this track has over the years been working the likes of Parobla and Mantra out of my top tracks on the album . I can say it went from bottom of the barrell to top of the list, it just had to grow for a couple of years . It's like a little slice of OPIATE in the middle of the more recent sounds of TOOL .
''']][[''' [[[]]] [[[]]] ]]__