PDA

View Full Version : TOOL VIDEOS IN WIDESCREEN FORMAT??

Sick_Soul
03-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Did anybody know if the tool videos are in widescreeen format, or they re just in fullscreen, cause, when i watch, stikinfist or aenema, my tv, have to stretch de image; schism and parabola looks better, but i have doubts, żanybody know something about these formats?

Liam
03-28-2007, 10:03 PM
schism is in wide screen

junior
03-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Stinkfist is standard full screen (4:3).

Aenema was shot full frame and mastered with the intension of the viewer seeing the edges of the film frame (rounded corners and all), filling a 4:3 space.

Parabola is standard full screen (4:3) with a 4:3 extended area around the picture to show the "gate", until it gets to the CGI at the end where it takes up the full 4:3 screen.

Going back some years, Hush, Sober, and Prison Sex were all 4:3 fullscreen.

Those 6 will not look "correct" if stretched, though they may look passable.
You could probably zoom (instead of stretch) Aenema and get a proportionate image, but you would lose the next and previous frame slivers from the top and bottom.

Schism is the only Tool video (so far) in widescreen.

Sick_Soul
03-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks junior, your answer really cleared me, it's a shame that parabola is only fullscreen format(4:3), but when you see the booklet of the dvd, you can notice that the gate is expanded in 16:9, all the pictures in the booklet were taken in widescreen format

junior
03-30-2007, 01:57 AM
but when you see the booklet of the dvd, you can notice that the gate is expanded in 16:9, all the pictures in the booklet were taken in widescreen format

Strange. I'd never noticed that. Pretty sure the video itself is 4:3, though.

hushypushy
06-22-2007, 12:47 PM
The video is definitely 4:3, I've watched it stretched out on my widescreen TV a million times...I'm getting used to the extra fat Tricky though