PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Eye

EonApocalypse
07-13-2003, 05:25 AM
It seems to me the obvious has not yet been stated about Parabola. Has anyone noticed the similarities between the ending Alex Grey sequence with the flaming eye, and the song Third Eye? The entire song of Third Eye describes the ending scene, not to complete detail but in concept.
Most of Parabola is a mystery to me, and even though thats the way I prefer it, it feels to me that the song Third Eye is almost a sub-plot of Parabola. I think Parabola is all about the metaphorical events that accur up until the point where the character gains his 'Third Eye'. Therefore Third Eye is the vital event and Parabola is the story around it.

Tool is fucking awesome.

stattica
07-25-2003, 02:39 PM
good job there.....n00b

Talonwulf
02-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Uh god.... I hate people not knowing what theyre talkin bout. Sorry man but i gotta be critical here.

ITS A BIT DAMN OBVIOUS. Thats why theres not been any posts about it.

The third eye is when we ourselves begin to rely on our own impulses, and do not need the words of religion, an upper power liek the government and so on to get us thru life. In other words we believe what we want to believe. Cant be arsed explaining in full.

This is not opinion, this is fact. It's taken from charkas. In the video its obvious if u know what chakras are. tHe symbols on the apple, the two eyes spiraling up the body, the third eye, the crown of eyes and so on

Third eye describes the ending scene becos guess what? Its on about the same thing.
I guess tool felt liek they shuld put it into imagery on what the thrid eye is all about.

Truly sorry, but you are indeed a tool.

twisted
03-12-2004, 10:38 AM
so the guy was wrong you don't need to make him feel like an idiot. He tried his best

Windir
03-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Look... his butty!

ÆnimaticEnigma
03-12-2004, 01:16 PM
You guys are assholes. You like Tool, he likes Tool. Don't fucking bash him for not being as deep in on it as you were. He said he was jsut stating the obvious. Yell at Britney Spears fans, not Tool fans.

Peaceful Moments
03-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Dude why not respect someones interpretation?
It really doesn't matter if it's right or wrong.
You can just tell why he's maybe wrong, instead of bashing him.
And why is he a tool?