PDA

View Full Version : Alex Grey Tattoo

Atratus
07-13-2003, 02:41 AM
I was thinking about getting my body tattooed with Grey's artwork; one of his sacred mirrors; a map of skin. That way i could be more hopeful of presenting insights to whomever cares to look.

I'd certainly ask for his permission first if i wanted do such a thing. It's a good idea, i'd say, if insane.

super2369
11-15-2003, 01:07 AM
I actually am going to be getting the "Circle of Eyes" featured in the background of the Lateralus cover, also as a backdrop during live shows, tattooed across my back. I e-mailed Alex Grey, using the address featured on his website, asking his permission, and he not only replied, but let me know he was honored, and re-drew the design 4 different ways for me to choose from, to ensure I was getting a one of a kind tatt. I'm currently saving money, and shopping around for an excellent tattoo artist, but soon I hope to have it done. Let me know what you decide on and how it goes.

Atratus
12-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Man, that is cool!
I was just passing mental wind. I didn't get the tattoo but i still think it's great idea, but i figure i should know what exactly it is i'm getting a tattoo of.

mustbefatal
01-14-2004, 08:00 AM
tatoos are awesome i gona get one as soon as i can....when i am 18:P i hate laws.
mustbefatal

FuneralDesire
01-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Man, hope the tatoo turns out well. I was as well thinking of getting some of Alex Grey's art (or something like his) tatooed on my back.

And that's kick ass Super. Good old Alex Grey...

harbong
04-19-2004, 07:37 PM
you should share his versions with us!

aidengauge
10-21-2004, 06:02 AM
Thats a great idea. I already have that tatoo, but mine is a little different. In the middle of my saw blade is the flower of life. My tattoo artist has a picture of it on their site if you want to check it out.

Go to www.steelangelonline.com
Select tattoo
Then select Eric
Then tattoo again
Then select the tattoo at the far right
Go check it out, let me know what you think!
If you are ever in San Marcos Texas I suggest you check them out. He also put the Aenima eye on the inside of my left bicept and the Opiate eye on the inside of my right bicept.

atrophiedcompassion
11-05-2004, 07:02 AM
Thats a great idea. I already have that tatoo, but mine is a little different. In the middle of my saw blade is the flower of life. My tattoo artist has a picture of it on their site if you want to check it out.

Go to www.steelangelonline.com
Select tattoo
Then select Eric
Then tattoo again
Then select the tattoo at the far right
Go check it out, let me know what you think!
If you are ever in San Marcos Texas I suggest you check them out. He also put the Aenima eye on the inside of my left bicept and the Opiate eye on the inside of my right bicept.

Very Very Very Nice Tattoo. I have the eye portion from Alex's Bleeding Heart on my left wrist.....Got it done in Austin...so I may have to check that place out in San Marcos.....

Once again AWESOME TAT.......

Also that would be great to see pics of your original pieces from Alex once you get your work done.....

Et in Arcadia Ego
11-05-2004, 08:56 AM
Post a pic of what you're thinking of getting?

I'm currently planning on getting my second tat... Flaming eye a la Tool, but why stop there?

A third tat would be likely (if not desirable) and perhaps Alex Grey style would suit... Oh and that's a nice tat there aidengauge...