PDA

View Full Version : Phonies

TWENTY-THREE
03-26-2007, 08:42 PM
this song is all about phonies. The kid, what he's trying to be, the MAN, selling out. . . .I think TOOL is telling us not to be so damn hypocritical and to "take a look in the mirror" instead of condemning. This is probably just emphasis on the tiring repetition of an idea, but TOOL mentions that "I'm the man, you're the man, and he's the man as well" probably to a reference towards people who won't wake up. . . .

nabiliofadilio
04-05-2007, 06:09 PM
thats exactly what i thought about this song too! like hes saying were all the "man" of our own stories. and to not condemn what you don't even fuckin know

this.anna
04-10-2007, 03:19 PM
I think he's saying we all sell out in some way, and what's so bad about it? Who exactly are we so worried about "selling out" to? Because when it comes down to it, we're all selling out and selling people out. That's what not only the industry is about, but the world.

BlueTape
04-18-2007, 08:53 PM
well the name of the song does not mean a tranny prostitute

it means something posing as something its not and people falling for its disguise

marcus
04-18-2007, 09:16 PM
This is probably just emphasis on the tiring repetition of an idea,

Yeah

jevons
05-12-2007, 07:20 AM
this song is all about phonies. The kid, what he's trying to be, the MAN, selling out. . . .I think TOOL is telling us not to be so damn hypocritical and to "take a look in the mirror" instead of condemning. This is probably just emphasis on the tiring repetition of an idea, but TOOL mentions that "I'm the man, you're the man, and he's the man as well" probably to a reference towards people who won't wake up. . . .

Can we really say for sure who the hooker is, and who the penis is?

''i sold my soul to make a record....''

They are both whores, and they are both penises.

But you're right.

sylph
05-21-2007, 02:49 AM
'scuse my ignorance, I thought I'd find the answer in here, all sneaky, sneaky like, so as not to expose my lack of knowledge... but it's not, so Im gonna have to ask....

What's OGT stand for? I think I know the T (lol) but the rest ???....

*hangs head in shame, sneaks out of the thread with the intention of sneaking back in to check for answers another day, but bangs head on the door cos its hanging down in shame, drawing even more attention to my own ignorance*

sylph
05-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Ah... Heres that ignorance again, Since this topic is old, and due to the way the show posts settings were set, and the fact that Im a newbie here and still workin it all out, I could only see THIS thread, Ive worked it all out now and managed to see all the other threade and found out what OGT is thought to mean.

Resolution
05-30-2007, 09:27 AM
they should of opened with this throughout the 10,000 days tour for all of those followers who accept TOOL as a modern day fad/fasion with their undercritical lack of logic and reason thought processes.

mkean
06-25-2007, 10:04 AM
"Selling out? Hah. If I can get more money by singing for different people, you think I won't? You think I really care about you? I don't even know you kid."

"Fuck you, buddy."

Inner_Eulogy
06-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Ah... Heres that ignorance again, Since this topic is old, and due to the way the show posts settings were set, and the fact that Im a newbie here and still workin it all out, I could only see THIS thread, Ive worked it all out now and managed to see all the other threade and found out what OGT is thought to mean.

OGT=Original Gangsta Tool.....just a figure of speech Maynard made up I guess to mean the kid was claiming he was down since the first EP. He was a fan from the very start.

jpoling13
06-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Thank you. I have to say I honestly couldn't figure out what OGT meant either. And up until now, I've been too lazy to do my research.