PDA

View Full Version : Zen and the "fall"

TWENTY-THREE
03-26-2007, 08:39 PM
According to various aspects of Zen Buddhism and Maybe Christianity, we must go through a "fall" both spiritual, emotional, and physical, before we "come out the other side" a brand new and perhaps better person. Many wise people have predicted a fall such as this in society, and many say that we are in the midst of one. Perhaps this is relevant to the 46 + 2 level of consciousness. We must pass through our "shadow" to become a greater being.

Hodge
03-26-2007, 08:47 PM
"The individuation process is sometimes described as a psychological journey; it can be a tortuous and slippery path, and can at times lead round in circles; experience has shown, however, that a truer description would be that of a spiral. In this journey the traveller must first meet his shadow, and learn to live with this formidable and often terrifying aspect of himself: there is no wholeness without a recognition of opposites." - jung

]v[edusa
03-28-2007, 08:02 PM
According to various aspects of Zen Buddhism and Maybe Christianity, we must go through a "fall" both spiritual, emotional, and physical, before we "come out the other side" a brand new and perhaps better person. Many wise people have predicted a fall such as this in society, and many say that we are in the midst of one. Perhaps this is relevant to the 46 + 2 level of consciousness. We must pass through our "shadow" to become a greater being.

I think I know what your talking about. I'm a spiritual person so I meditate, take yoga, and I'm going to workshops aswell. Anyways, I'm in this really weird time in my life where I'm contronting my shadow and I don't mean just a little piece of it, like I mean a HUGE chunk of it. It almost feels like im losing it sometimes but at the same time I'm feeling great about myself. I didnt understand what was happening to me so I told a friend about it and he said that this is necessary for me to go through this. So many things are coming into my reality that I didnt even have the slightest clue was a part of me. It almost seems like my shadow is taking over, but at the same time I'm feeling more balanced. It's kinda hard to explain.

You have to choose to go through it, choose to face this side to yourself. So many people ignore their own shadow or resist their shadows reflection. People think they are so aware of themselves and the world, but really there is so much more to discover on the other side of the wall.

TWENTY-THREE
03-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I think I know what your talking about. I'm a spiritual person so I meditate, take yoga, and I'm going to workshops aswell. Anyways, I'm in this really weird time in my life where I'm contronting my shadow and I don't mean just a little piece of it, like I mean a HUGE chunk of it. It almost feels like im losing it sometimes but at the same time I'm feeling great about myself. I didnt understand what was happening to me so I told a friend about it and he said that this is necessary for me to go through this. So many things are coming into my reality that I didnt even have the slightest clue was a part of me. It almost seems like my shadow is taking over, but at the same time I'm feeling more balanced. It's kinda hard to explain.

You have to choose to go through it, choose to face this side to yourself. So many people ignore their own shadow or resist their shadows reflection. People think they are so aware of themselves and the world, but really there is so much more to discover on the other side of the wall.

Yeah! *Chest Bumps lllvllledusa*