PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone read Holy Blood, Holy Grail?

O.G.T.92
03-23-2007, 06:02 PM
The song title I believe is a reference to a part in the book. I'm going to explain this as very simply as I can, you should read the book. But a priest took over a catholic temple in France ( rennes le choteau) and while excavating, he found parchments inside some wall put there by some priest who preceded him. These parchments started the ball rolling of the mystery of the holy grail and Jesus' life after the fake crucifixion, and hence, his surviving descendants. The parchments contained scriptures on one side, and strange cryptic half-sentences on the other. One of these transcribed paragraphs (translated to english from latin) is:

"Shepherdess no temptation that Poussin Teniers hold the key; peace 681 by the cross and this horse of God I complete [or destroy] this daemon of the guardian at Noon Blue Apples" [sic]

This book is on the tool recommended reading list and the band (especially Danny) is really into this whole mystery that spawned from the book. My over-explained point is I think "Eon Blue Apocalypse" is definitely referring to "Noon Blue Apples" Has anyone else thought this? Maybe we can get to some reason they chose this for this spot on the album.

author of bible
03-24-2007, 01:17 AM
apparently the meanings literal meanings dont coincide..
"our new blue second sun"or "gods blue cataclysm"
and "our noon blue apples"
but still kanda makes sense

author of bible
03-30-2007, 02:17 PM
in the ultra modified glider
and glide miles six inches at a time?