PDA

View Full Version : ...My View on this song...

Spiral Into Nothing
03-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Honestly, I do believe H stands for Heroin. But not because the song is actually about doing H, but rather as a metaphor for something that still has a strong effect on his life, much like a Heroin addict will struggle with that addiction for the rest of their life.

In my opinion, I believe it is a bit of a love song. Even though the relationship has ended, and both parties are TOTALLY VOID OF HATE, the hate that tore them apart it is still changing him.

This is another example of Tool doing a love song in a much deeper and from a much more introspective point of view.

I think if you analyze the words with my theme in mind you will be able to see it from that perspective. I would be glad to elaborate on this more if there is any interest.

Thank you.

eapatty01
03-25-2007, 08:26 PM
All they songs obviously are open for interpretation and Heroin is a very logical answer. To me the relationship is between a man and a women. I'm not suggesting this is what Maynard meant. I've seen relationships where they love each other, yet when they are together it hurts both of them.

There are lyrics that I don't understand and I don't know how to fit them, but towards the middle "As the walls come down..." I think that is one of the two saying the bind between them is stronger than the pain it is causing, and at the end "Considerately killing me..." he/she comes to full realization of the situation.

Inner_Eulogy
03-27-2007, 12:53 PM
You should both read this thread.....

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=78817