PDA

View Full Version : what is he saying?

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-19-2007, 08:09 PM
I was listening to eulogy last night in the dark as i was falling alseep and i came across a part that, i guess, slipped my mind for that past 11 years. I can not make out what he is saying at 5:22-5:38 right before he says "standing above the crowd" does anyone have a clue? please discuss its really getting to me. thanks.

Cheers.

imatoolhed
03-19-2007, 08:23 PM
from the Tool FAQ (http://toolshed.down.net/faq/faq.html)

"You - could be - the one - who saves - me from - my own - existence."

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-19-2007, 08:24 PM
from the Tool FAQ (http://toolshed.down.net/faq/faq.html)

"You - could be - the one - who saves - me from - my own - existence."

ok well i listened to that part while reading your post..and maybe im not hearing it right or whatever but i hear nothing of that sort. I know its in FAQ but it doesnt make sense to me. thanks anyway man.

imatoolhed
03-19-2007, 08:31 PM
yeah, i didn't listen along. but i think the first couple of lines are correct..no?... he kinda mumbles off toward the end.

the FAQ said they didn't know for sure either

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-19-2007, 08:39 PM
yeah, i didn't listen along. but i think the first couple of lines are correct..no?... he kinda mumbles off toward the end.

the FAQ said they didn't know for sure either

ok i got it. "You could be the one who saves me from my own existance" is during the time of 4:34-4:43 so during the time of 5:22-5:38 is still a mystery i guess. TOOL man I tell ya. So creative.

imatoolhed
03-19-2007, 08:43 PM
my cd is out in my truck. i'll check it out tomorrow and let you know what i think.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
my cd is out in my truck. i'll check it out tomorrow and let you know what i think.

Ipod's are always handy. Peace

imatoolhed
03-20-2007, 08:28 PM
:: scratches head ::

i really don't think anyone knows except maynard on that one. its just muffled too much.

a buddy of mine is the lead singer for a tool tribute band, i'm gonna ask him what he says.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-20-2007, 09:03 PM
:: scratches head ::

i really don't think anyone knows except maynard on that one. its just muffled too much.

a buddy of mine is the lead singer for a tool tribute band, i'm gonna ask him what he says.

aight man thats kool your friends the sing of a tribute band. about the part in the song im confused myself i can not decipher it to save my life. Maynard stumped me on this one.

ARMZ
03-20-2007, 09:21 PM
You could be the one to save me from my own existence

I was so sure that I'd sin and you'd pay too

I'm just glad you knew me enough to allow me to always sit by you
So mad since you stopped giving all your commands
You weren't too mad when he called you
Your mind is helpless

imatoolhed
03-20-2007, 09:23 PM
where did you find that?

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-21-2007, 08:01 AM
im gonna go check that out thanks man

There is no spoon
03-21-2007, 08:33 AM
You could be the one to save me from my own existence

I was so sure that I'd sin and you'd pay too

Your mind is helpless

wow - if that's not it, I don't know what is. I think that's dead-on accurate.

How did you figure that out?

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-21-2007, 11:44 AM
seriously dude i was trying to figure it out for 3 days and i could not get anything...and you tell us like its your abc's. How did you find out what it was? and it is dead-on accurate...good work man thanks

Ssj2yugi
03-21-2007, 01:45 PM
those lyrics used to be on a fan website that was linked on Tool's website (I found it a year or so ago), but the website is shut down now.

ARMZ
03-21-2007, 03:15 PM
There are 9 pages of threads for this song. Go back one, go down and click “From The” and choose beginning.

imatoolhed
03-21-2007, 04:48 PM
i think the above poster is wrong. i asked my buddy and this is what he sent me.

i listened along with it and its spot on, plain as day. tell me what you think...

He says, "I'm too smart when you're invisible by the bone and the symbol on you, so he bashes his skull through the window while overlooking the sea, twilight amber ego, we were amused by this."

Crazy huh?

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-21-2007, 08:03 PM
TOOL

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Your mind is helpless

this is wrong after a couple of times listening..the post by jeff is the correct verison.

LabRat404
06-21-2007, 05:14 PM
you could be the one to save me from my own significance

when you're tortured
I shall then tear it down

InsideTheOutside20
06-21-2007, 07:36 PM
The weird thing for me about that is when I listened to it while reading the first one, I was sure that was it... then I read the other one while listening and it sounded right too.

InsideTheOutside20
06-21-2007, 07:38 PM
The second one sounds like it fits better.

LabRat404
06-21-2007, 07:46 PM
that ... and it makes more sense :-)

/way/ more sense. especially in regards to bill hicks.

whaddya think about hte next part?

"when you're tortured
I shall then tear it down"

Gæter
07-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Neither set of lyrics seems to be an exact match, although I am impressed by whomever heard either set. "Twilight amber ego" does sound perfect, it sounds more like "and we're amused by this" rather than "we were amused by this" and I'm not really comfortable with the "by the bone and the symbol on you". It sounds exactly like he says "to fall asleep behind you all".