PDA

View Full Version : A Eulogy Cover???

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Ok these is what I experienced last night and it was shocking to me.
I went to the nickelback, three days grace and breaking benjamin concert last night. Well at the end of the concert the drummer of nickelback was doing a solo and I thought to myself "Damn this guy sucks" ha he is NO danny carey by any means but here is the big thing..After the drum solo, the guitars starting kicking it and I witnessed the lead singer of nickelback speak the words :

"He had alot to say, he had alot of nothing to say, we will miss him"

Now was I just day dreaming and hoping that tool was in my presence or did he really say a stanza of TOOLs Masterpeice "Eulogy?" Once I heard these words I said to my friends, which are not even tool tans (F**K them haha) this is a cover of a tool song and they obviously looked at me like I was an idiot. Does nickelback has a song with similiar lyrics or was it really a small cover of Eulogy? I dont know but man it was the highlight of the night for me lol and that is pretty sad. TOOL is taking over my life! PLEASE DISCUSS.

Zarathustra
03-15-2007, 08:30 PM
I hope you feel shame in putting more money in the pockets of those pathetic excuses of muscisians.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-15-2007, 08:39 PM
I hope you feel shame in putting more money in the pockets of those pathetic excuses of muscisians.

well man if your girlfriend bought you tickets for christmas...wouldnt you go? I hope so but trust me...they are crap compared to TOOL. I was in disgust throughout the entire show.

Zarathustra
03-15-2007, 09:14 PM
^You need to tell me these things before hand so I don't seem like an asshole >_>

But girlfriend and all I don't think I could sit through a Nickleback set without hurting myself or others around me lol.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-15-2007, 09:20 PM
^You need to tell me these things before hand so I don't seem like an asshole >_>

But girlfriend and all I don't think I could sit through a Nickleback set without hurting myself or others around me lol.

I apoligize my friend. My friend actually got mad at me because i was bashing nickelback so much. its ironic because he constantly bashes TOOL and when i confronted him about him bashing TOOL he replied "We are at a live concert I dont care!" haha Live or studio what is the difference my friend? like he was really pissed at me so yeah. trust me nickelback sucks live. The drummer was doing a solo and all i could think was "ok your not danny carey"
cheers man.

Zarathustra
03-16-2007, 04:53 AM
Nickleback sounds like they've been playing their instruments for about a year. That and there's just no substance in their lyrics. I had been going through a slow jazz phase and just started to religiously listen to tool again religiously (Aenima and 10,000 days being my favorites). Being a bass player for over 12 years I've had my fair share of gigs and played with many people in many different types of music and the chemistry that the 4 of them have is just without equal.

Third Eye and Rosetta Stoned may seem like under chaos but the amount of precision in those songs is astounding. Like danny's polyrhythm in the middle of stoned..... That's not something your average muscician could imagine playing let alone write.

Tool is among the very few bands in the past and present that are actually simply brilliant muscicians. Nickleback is mediocre to the core and there is nothing more nausiating in the world than mediocre.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Nickleback sounds like they've been playing their instruments for about a year. That and there's just no substance in their lyrics. I had been going through a slow jazz phase and just started to religiously listen to tool again religiously (Aenima and 10,000 days being my favorites). Being a bass player for over 12 years I've had my fair share of gigs and played with many people in many different types of music and the chemistry that the 4 of them have is just without equal.

Third Eye and Rosetta Stoned may seem like under chaos but the amount of precision in those songs is astounding. Like danny's polyrhythm in the middle of stoned..... That's not something your average muscician could imagine playing let alone write.

Tool is among the very few bands in the past and present that are actually simply brilliant muscicians. Nickleback is mediocre to the core and there is nothing more nausiating in the world than mediocre.

I hear you on that man. Nickelback is gay if you ask me i just went to see breaking benjamin and three days grace i mean they are not TOOL by any means but i like them. Nickelback to me is just way to mainstream. what is a polyrhythm? im not a musician so can you help me out. and you said an average musician could not imagine playing let alone write? can you get into detail with that so i can follow what your talking about. Thanks. Peace man.

Tool Rocks

Zarathustra
03-16-2007, 05:59 PM
A polyrhythm is basically when there is more than one rhythm or time signature happening at the same time. For example in Rosetta Stoned during the breakdown about 6 minutes in, Danny is playing on the toms in one rhythm, the snare and Hi hat in another, and then a third rhythm with the double bass drums. Meanwhile Justin is playing in an all together different rhythm and then adam is playing in an even different rhythm. To make that sound good takes real brilliant song writing ability.

And to do what danny does take almost inhuman coordination. They do something similar on Jambi too.

Aenima is my favorite Tool album but I think 10k days is their greatest album musically.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-16-2007, 08:10 PM
A polyrhythm is basically when there is more than one rhythm or time signature happening at the same time. For example in Rosetta Stoned during the breakdown about 6 minutes in, Danny is playing on the toms in one rhythm, the snare and Hi hat in another, and then a third rhythm with the double bass drums. Meanwhile Justin is playing in an all together different rhythm and then adam is playing in an even different rhythm. To make that sound good takes real brilliant song writing ability.

And to do what danny does take almost inhuman coordination. They do something similar on Jambi too.

Aenima is my favorite Tool album but I think 10k days is their greatest album musically.

thanks man you made me understand some of the musician terms of what TOOL does. you said 10,000days is their best musically? how/why? Why is it that everyone can talk about TOOL and not get tired or bored of it? Is there anyone better than Danny Carey playing the drums? TOOL is a truly awesome band. I f**kin swear. No1 like them. sorry i have so many questions but I am kinda knew on this posting deal so i am just curious thanks for your patience.

Zarathustra
03-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Well like I said, I'm a bass player. Personally I think Justin stole the show on 10k days. The Pot , wings for marie/10k days/rosetta stoned, pretty much the whole album really intrigued me as a bass player.

Like The Pot intro. I dont care if you arent a muscician, you have to be able to tell how grooving that bass line is. it makes you make the sign of the devil and just head bang.

Lateralus seemed like the best showcase of danny carey's drumming. Personally I dont think there is a better drummer than him today. Braun from Mastodon is a sick drummer and does some things that are even more technically amazing than what Danny does, but besides his technical skill, the fact that his drumming is amazingly compelling is what makes him good.

Thats what is so good about Tool. SOme of there stuff, from a technical standpoint, makes me go "holy crap". But most of there stuff isnt that hard to play. However it is very compelling and thats why tool never gets old. There songs are so rhytmically complex and there's so many layers to their songs, it's like you learn something everytime. And maynard writes meaningful lyrics about things that matter.

Off topic Mastodon is an amazing band as well. Tool has become more progish since undertow and mastodon is straight up thrash metal. But if you like thrash/speed metal you will like mastodon alot. I gurantee their muscicianship will blow you away even if you dont like the genre.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Well like I said, I'm a bass player. Personally I think Justin stole the show on 10k days. The Pot , wings for marie/10k days/rosetta stoned, pretty much the whole album really intrigued me as a bass player.

Like The Pot intro. I dont care if you arent a muscician, you have to be able to tell how grooving that bass line is. it makes you make the sign of the devil and just head bang.

Lateralus seemed like the best showcase of danny carey's drumming. Personally I dont think there is a better drummer than him today. Braun from Mastodon is a sick drummer and does some things that are even more technically amazing than what Danny does, but besides his technical skill, the fact that his drumming is amazingly compelling is what makes him good.

Thats what is so good about Tool. SOme of there stuff, from a technical standpoint, makes me go "holy crap". But most of there stuff isnt that hard to play. However it is very compelling and thats why tool never gets old. There songs are so rhytmically complex and there's so many layers to their songs, it's like you learn something everytime. And maynard writes meaningful lyrics about things that matter.

Off topic Mastodon is an amazing band as well. Tool has become more progish since undertow and mastodon is straight up thrash metal. But if you like thrash/speed metal you will like mastodon alot. I gurantee their muscicianship will blow you away even if you dont like the genre.

aight man i will definately go check it out and ill let you know what I think of them. by the way..the pot intro does get me "grooving" and yes i do head bang to it everytime i hear it. Justin, by the way, is awesome. I like him in Rosetta stoned right before that "weird" solo by adam. TOOL is sick.

Bogart
03-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I can't believe Nickelback would even attempt to cover that song. I know their lead singer is an avid Tool fan, though.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-17-2007, 08:53 PM
I can't believe Nickelback would even attempt to cover that song. I know their lead singer is an avid Tool fan, though.

how do you know nickelback's lead singer is a tool fan?

Bogart
03-18-2007, 08:22 AM
how do you know nickelback's lead singer is a tool fan?

I remember reading it in a magazine a few years ago. I believe it was Guitar World. There is a section where they have band members pick out some of their favorite songs of all time and he picked a Tool song, and stated that Tool was one of his favorite bands.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-18-2007, 03:47 PM
I remember reading it in a magazine a few years ago. I believe it was Guitar World. There is a section where they have band members pick out some of their favorite songs of all time and he picked a Tool song, and stated that Tool was one of his favorite bands.

very interesting. its funny that TOOL is one of his fav. bands but Nickelband and TOOL sound nothing alike. but it is what it is. Peace

Bogart
03-18-2007, 08:19 PM
very interesting. its funny that TOOL is one of his fav. bands but Nickelband and TOOL sound nothing alike. but it is what it is. Peace

Yeah, I found it funny that he could appreciate music with a little substance...

Alex in Chains
03-23-2007, 03:16 AM

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-24-2007, 01:05 PM
hey bogart..i take it your a big fan of TOOL and Halloween...or maybe michel myers...whats up with that dude?

the_milkman
04-07-2007, 01:39 PM
lol nickel back.... haha

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
04-07-2007, 08:44 PM
yeah they fu*kin suck...but everyone loves them...F*ckin sheep I tell ya. I hate mainstream..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! anyway yeah they blow. Cheers have a good day.

Opiate Son
04-10-2007, 01:57 PM
lol nickel back.... haha

the_milkman
04-10-2007, 02:02 PM

I hope that "." means "I agree".

Opiate Son
04-10-2007, 02:05 PM
I hope that "." means "I agree".

Of course, if it didn't i would have already beaten myself blind for being a complete fucking idiot.

the_milkman
04-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Of course, if it didn't i would have already beaten myself blind for being a complete fucking idiot.

ahaha, you're cool

Opiate Son
04-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Nickleback represents everything i hate about meaningless, cookie cutter formula, garbage, no substance, radio friendly, shit music that i HATE with a passion.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
04-10-2007, 09:25 PM
thank you and i was at the damn concert and i was in hell for 2 hours. I had an extremely awesome time. :(

nabiliofadilio
04-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Nickleback represents everything i hate about meaningless, cookie cutter formula, garbage, no substance, radio friendly, shit music that i HATE with a passion.

i second that!

Divine_left
04-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Nickelback to me is just way to mainstream. what is a polyrhythm?

This whole thread is a parade of chuckles, but that line just caught my fancy.

zeik
05-28-2007, 08:15 PM
all i can think about this is that chad kroger has major nerve. im sorry i actually know his name. nickelback..barf.

nabiliofadilio
05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
all i can think about this is that chad kroger has major nerve. im sorry i actually know his name. nickelback..barf.

hahahahahahahaahhaa you know his name hahahahahaha

toolwithapenis
05-28-2007, 08:27 PM
oh god
a post grunge band playing homage to a
wait
wtf genre is tool anyway

dissected-detcessid
05-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Nickleback covering Eulogy is no worse than Limp Bizkit covering Opiate. Even though all their liner notes "thanks" start with "God"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycYnqwQlCMA

toolwithapenis
05-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Nickleback covering Eulogy is no worse than Limp Bizkit covering Opiate. Even though all their liner notes "thanks" start with "God"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycYnqwQlCMA

fuck.............
that my be the worst thing ive ever heard
now a realize why the world needed tool

fred durst needs to get his head out of his ass
the band did ok tho

Eulogy33
05-29-2007, 11:18 AM
my ears...are literally bleeding. Maynard would kill himself if he heard this version.

fatlittleparasite
05-29-2007, 01:13 PM
[If Chad Kroeger starts singing in the woods, and no one's around to hear it, will he finally just die?QUOTE=Opiate Son;1858533]Nickleback represents everything i hate about meaningless, cookie cutter formula, garbage, no substance, radio friendly, shit music that i HATE with a passion.[/QUOTE]

nethandleWompa1
05-29-2007, 10:12 PM
I have to say, Nickleback is one the most overrated bands i've ever heard. There songs alway have the chords and rythm, lyrics, and "solos". I live in Texas and every radio station i've listened to play a nickleback song at least every hour, it's goddamn ridiculous. Does anyone agree with me that Chad Kroeger sounds like a child when he swears? That's one of the first things I noticed when I heard their first single(I forgot the name thank heaven). I know this has nothing to do with TOOL but I had to throw my two cents in.

nethandleWompa1
05-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Also, it's annoying how much they sing about "love" and how hard it is being rich, it's all too f*cking cliche for me.

Sajadiah
06-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Nickleback songs remind me of hearing cats f*ck.