PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans IS The Pot

tryptosaur
03-12-2007, 01:40 PM
I wonder how nobody else noticed this connection. New Orleans is a city below sea level and is sometimes referred to as "the pot".
Remember when Katrina struck? The mayor of the city had some controversial things to say in particular to the ones responsible for the 911 memorial that is still not done, so to the mayor, whatever his name is---"Who are you to wave your finger, you must've been out your head" Then "eyeballs deep in muddy water, you practically raised the dead" The cemeteries with dead bodies being unearthed by the "natural" disaster. How did YOU, Mr. (mayor) miraculously survive this tradgedy? "You must have been so high"(above the water level?)
Which brings us to a big question: Was Hurricane Katrina a natural disaster or somehow manmade? Hmmm. Ever hear of HAARP? A conspiratorial twist on Maynard's lyrics, I admit, but he, in "The Pet"(A Perfect Circle) makes reference to: "Swaying to the rhythm of the New World Order".
I know at first this may seem farfetched, but the correspondences are undenialble--even if they're unintentional.
I'll bet the New Orleans mayor smokes pot, too, so he was high no matter what angle you look at it from.
I personally would have to say that Maynard knew the implications of his lyrics.
How about "you pissed all over my black kettle" ---he knows it sounds just like "black ghetto"---who, though--our government?
"He's guilty as the government"
"Ganja--P-lease" I think Maynard may actually be asking for a puff or two--because the reality here is so insane!

Mattrogesis
03-12-2007, 01:52 PM
I wonder how nobody else noticed this connection. New Orleans is a city below sea level and is sometimes referred to as "the pot".
Remember when Katrina struck? The mayor of the city had some controversial things to say in particular to the ones responsible for the 911 memorial that is still not done, so to the mayor, whatever his name is---"Who are you to wave your finger, you must've been out your head" Then "eyeballs deep in muddy water, you practically raised the dead" The cemeteries with dead bodies being unearthed by the "natural" disaster. How did YOU, Mr. (mayor) miraculously survive this tradgedy? "You must have been so high"(above the water level?)
Which brings us to a big question: Was Hurricane Katrina a natural disaster or somehow manmade? Hmmm. Ever hear of HAARP? A conspiratorial twist on Maynard's lyrics, I admit, but he, in "The Pet"(A Perfect Circle) makes reference to: "Swaying to the rhythm of the New World Order".
I know at first this may seem farfetched, but the correspondences are undenialble--even if they're unintentional.
I'll bet the New Orleans mayor smokes pot, too, so he was high no matter what angle you look at it from.
I personally would have to say that Maynard knew the implications of his lyrics.
How about "you pissed all over my black kettle" ---he knows it sounds just like "black ghetto"---who, though--our government?
"He's guilty as the government"
"Ganja--P-lease" I think Maynard may actually be asking for a puff or two--because the reality here is so insane!

Even if Maynard had not intentionally meant what you are implying, it is a worthwhile point, and one that most people are not usually willing to see.

Esurient4Truth
03-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Even if Maynard had not intentionally meant what you are implying, it is a worthwhile point, and one that most people are not usually willing to see.

I agree. Unintentionally, songs can have multiple meanings that result in people finding themselves and relating to the world around them through the music they listen to. I'm sure this song was in progress well before Katrina though, considering how complex this song is.

tryptosaur
03-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I just read some more threads and apologize for assuming no one else saw the connection before doing a little more research. Some of you have seen the connection and I would appreciate reading any info you may have on this connection.
The HAARP-thing would be really really fucked up.
And singing to the president and simultaneously the mayor does seem to make even more sense (Bush as figure-head of course---I doubt he actually did the plotting of the whole thing.)

jevons
03-12-2007, 05:22 PM
lllvllledusa just gave me mention of ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs, apparently, the higher (in terms of consciousness) you are, the more you can extract from the hieroglyphs' meaning.

Kinda like tool.

How many times have you ''solved'', oh, say, the Patient?

Keep thinking, and this was news to me, for the most part, so thank you.

Kangaroo_hung_me2
05-14-2007, 11:17 AM
tryptosaur, I really like this. Good thinking, I remember the news saying that the city was like a bowl of water. Things were heating up there(looting, suspected murder ect.) Heat+water......Water boils in "The Pot".

Psychotic_Psychedelic
05-15-2007, 09:58 AM
I cannot believe how much this fits into place with what you saying, thank you for bring this to my attention.
Also, I'm not sure if you know of this, but I found this website to do wuth HAARP;
http://www.haarp.net/

zeik
05-27-2007, 10:36 PM
the mayor of new orleans, that moron, said that insulting shit about the 911 memorial way after 10,000 days came out. thats funny though. i guess its "whatever it means to you."

nocatharsis
08-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Cool observations, puts a whole new twist to the song...