PDA

View Full Version : i love this song

take it all in
07-08-2003, 11:05 PM
this song means so much to me. The lyrics are so beautiful and when I first got the aenema album I listened to this song because it is so beautiful musically. When I actually listened to the lyrics I was blown away. I know that many people can relate to the song as I do. I feel that it is about loving someone and taking their abuse (of any kind) because you feel so strongly about them. When you really love someone you will do anything for them. Love is a crazy thing that makes people do and accept things that they usually wouldn't. When I was totally in love with this guy i did and felt things i never thought i would feel or do. I allowed abuse to take place because I didn't care. I was so afraid of losing him that I would do anything and take anything. (pretty pathetic, huh?) Well things didn't work out and we both ended up hurt. Everytime I listen to this song I think about that love we had. When I got the salival set and listened to that version I was in tears. It is so beautiful and the music is... I can't even explain it. Everytime I listen to it it's so emotional and I can't help but tear up because this song means so much to me.

dsl
08-05-2003, 07:35 AM
I sorta feel the same about this song, but yeah, at the end its like the abused person is "liberating" themselves in an effort to find true happiness with someone else.

jarred
05-11-2004, 03:27 PM
with this song (and most tool songs) its actually the music that i love the most (that includes the melody) and not the actually lyrics themselves. This way i can make the song mean anything that i want depending on how i interpret the way they play their instruments.

Kapoo
08-10-2004, 10:11 AM
this song means so much to me. The lyrics are so beautiful and when I first got the aenema album I listened to this song because it is so beautiful musically. When I actually listened to the lyrics I was blown away. I know that many people can relate to the song as I do. I feel that it is about loving someone and taking their abuse (of any kind) because you feel so strongly about them. When you really love someone you will do anything for them. Love is a crazy thing that makes people do and accept things that they usually wouldn't. When I was totally in love with this guy i did and felt things i never thought i would feel or do. I allowed abuse to take place because I didn't care. I was so afraid of losing him that I would do anything and take anything. (pretty pathetic, huh?) Well things didn't work out and we both ended up hurt. Everytime I listen to this song I think about that love we had. When I got the salival set and listened to that version I was in tears. It is so beautiful and the music is... I can't even explain it. Everytime I listen to it it's so emotional and I can't help but tear up because this song means so much to me.

I get kinda teary whilst listening to Pushit as well but for a different reason. I have an interp if you'd like to read it.