PDA

View Full Version : Satanism

Wild_Lion_
03-08-2007, 09:12 PM
A person obtaining what he wants through worshipping the devil. But then finds someone that wants to save him from the darkside he has become enslaved to.
The power that he lusts for and craves he would give up all of it for her. She shows him the way of the son;
The benevolent son is Jesus that will shine the way and guide them away from the the poisoness leech which is Satan.

Wild_Lion_
03-08-2007, 09:15 PM
"Shine on until the two become one"
- I think it is him and her coming together in love and becoming "one" which he couldn't do if it wasn't for the love of the holy spirit which before the only love he had was for himself and to get what he wanted (power)

Cheesegreater
03-08-2007, 09:30 PM
"Shine on until the two become one"
- I think it is him and her coming together in love and becoming "one" which he couldn't do if it wasn't for the love of the holy spirit which before the only love he had was for himself and to get what he wanted (power)

Well, that's a cool interpretation. But I think it's benevolent "sun". Also, I certainly believe this song to be about Maynard's son. He's never worshipped the devil... I just think he's had his share of vices. "Treasures and flesh never few" "Feast like a Sultan I do" He's saying "I'm a rockstar, and I've had my share of drugs/women/partying, and my son "my center" (refer to lyrics) makes me more than willing to change for him." He's saying "I would wish it all alway." And when he says the "The Devil and his has had me down." I think he's just saying "I found my dark side via partying/women/wild hedonism, and now that kind of stuff fades in comparison to how important my son is to me, and I would give it all up."

I don't think this song is about finding Jesus or God, but more so about finding a person that means more than life to you and how it changes you. So, I could see it being about his fiance or something as well, but most likely his son. That's just my two cents... peace man!

Cheesegreater
03-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Maybe it's both about his significant other and his son. Perhaps the "center" he's refering to is just the family he's started. Himself, the father, the mother, and of course his son all together that he wants to change for. "Breathe in union," perhaps he talking about his family unit breathing in union and becoming one.

Cheesegreater
03-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I wish we could lay to rest Maynard being a Satanist, or the band for that matter. Just because a band sings about spiritual issues, and educates people about the hypocrites who twist religious messages does not mean they are Satanists: they're just trying to get people to find the truth to matters when others use religion to push people into buying into their own personal beliefs. Of course Tool has a dark-side. They dare to talk about issues the rest of us would rather not bring up at the dinner table. They sing about long repressed issues; that's why you can detect the angst in a lot of their music. They're letting it all out.

Wild_Lion_
03-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Just because Maynard does the vocals doesn't mean the song is about him either.

Cheesegreater
03-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Just because Maynard does the vocals doesn't mean the song is about him either.

True... but he's certainly been known to share personal experiences.

Inner_Eulogy
03-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Well, that's a cool interpretation. But I think it's benevolent "sun". Also, I certainly believe this song to be about Maynard's son. He's never worshipped the devil... I just think he's had his share of vices. "Treasures and flesh never few" "Feast like a Sultan I do" He's saying "I'm a rockstar, and I've had my share of drugs/women/partying, and my son "my center" (refer to lyrics) makes me more than willing to change for him." He's saying "I would wish it all alway." And when he says the "The Devil and his has had me down." I think he's just saying "I found my dark side via partying/women/wild hedonism, and now that kind of stuff fades in comparison to how important my son is to me, and I would give it all up."

I don't think this song is about finding Jesus or God, but more so about finding a person that means more than life to you and how it changes you. So, I could see it being about his fiance or something as well, but most likely his son. That's just my two cents... peace man!

I completely agree and this has been my interpretation since day one of this song.

maggie72
03-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Wait a sec here....Didn't I just read a Thread you started where you thought it was related to Star Wars????

jevons
03-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Leafnaspleef has a point.

Whatever allegorical or self-analytical intent might exist in the mind of the listener should be compiled, then surpassed, in order to find the truth of the song.

See all the perspectives, or perhaps a dual perspective, then pass through it to see it more as it is.

sonicanimal6
04-03-2007, 08:52 PM
A person obtaining what he wants through worshipping the devil. But then finds someone that wants to save him from the darkside he has become enslaved to.
The power that he lusts for and craves he would give up all of it for her. She shows him the way of the son;
The benevolent son is Jesus that will shine the way and guide them away from the the poisoness leech which is Satan.

I'd just like to dispell any misunderstandings by noting that Devil Worshipers, not Satanists, worship Satan. Satanism is an atheistic religion (or anti-religion, as they sometimes note).

thezeusanator
04-04-2007, 07:14 PM
I think it is amusing when He says "In Love With THe Dark Side I fell" Yoda talk, star Wars reference, pop culture as well as Alchemy Shine on benevolent SUN till the two become one, THe conjuntion of opposites (Mysterium Conunctio by Jung)
Its just the way he says it that gets me though it's just so...so, Epic and Dark, but its star wars, Luke skywalker the Heroic journey. THe journey through our pop culture conditioned selves, remeber this is how we get our information according to maynard so he's trying to help.

Inner_Eulogy
04-05-2007, 09:54 AM
I think it is amusing when He says "In Love With THe Dark Side I fell" Yoda talk, star Wars reference, pop culture as well as Alchemy Shine on benevolent SUN till the two become one, THe conjuntion of opposites (Mysterium Conunctio by Jung)
Its just the way he says it that gets me though it's just so...so, Epic and Dark, but its star wars, Luke skywalker the Heroic journey. THe journey through our pop culture conditioned selves, remeber this is how we get our information according to maynard so he's trying to help.

Yeah, too bad it's "in love with the dark side I FOUND"

thezeusanator
04-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah, too bad it's "in love with the dark side I FOUND"

are the official lyrics out yet?
anyway it doesn't make much of a difference, because in love with something indicates that you fell in to love.

slipthru
04-16-2007, 11:37 AM
I kinda get the satanist vibe from this song to, kinda like waking up from the darkside that the persons been living in. Could be about any goverment or corporate whore really there's tons of them.