PDA

View Full Version : Rick Strassman connection

Rotating_Energy_Field
03-08-2007, 07:28 AM
This song has a definite connection with Rick Strassman's book, 'DMT : The Spirit Molecule'. You really have to read the book yourself to realise the link, but i'll sketch it out briefly for those who haven't read it:

Strassman set out to prove that the brain chemical DMT is responsible for a variety of altered states, including psychosis, mystical and religious experiences, and most interesting of all, he found in his research a link beetween the chemical and alien abduction scenarios. Over a number of years he performed tests on a large group of volunteers, all of which experienced a multitude of altered states that mirrored reports of shizophrenia, religious experience and contact with extraterestrial beings. The book contains quite a few transcripts from the tests, some of which are very weird indeed. Another big part of the thesis of the book is the idea that DMT has a connection to the soul, or spirit, or whatever you want to call it. Strassman found that DMT is secreted from the pineal gland, and the pineal gland appears in the human body 49 days after conception, 49 days is how long it takes for reincarnation to occur, according to the Tibetan Buddhist Book Of The Dead.

So what has this got to do with TOOL and Rosetta Stoned? TOOL are obviously into psychedelic drugs, they've never made any big secret of it, and considering that they are deeply invlolved with matters of spirituality and evolution, it wouldn't surprise me if this song is a homage to the power of this naturally occuring psychedelic compound. Rosetta Stoned is a story of a typical DMT trip, very similar to some of the ones described by Strassman.

Any other links? Yes : Alex Grey did the artwork for the book. The painting is called 'Dying'.

Any more? Yes : I believe that Danny's stereoscopic picture contains a clue to the Strassman link. You can see in his picture that he is holding open the top of a skull, while a mystery orb flies into it. Is the orb the spirit? Is Danny recreating the reincarnation of a Human, DMT-theory style? Look at Grey's artwork, you'll see that his painting depicts the Human soul leaving the body at death, from the same spot where the pineal is situated. Coincidence?

Let me know what you think.

kingred
03-08-2007, 08:18 AM
i think i need some sleep.

good idea tho!

MORNING_GLORY
03-08-2007, 09:54 AM
I think you're right, but I don't think its a direct connection to the book. It just so happens that Strassman did some scienticific work on something thats been noted by many shamans, mysticists, magickians and so forth. What I mean is, DMT has always been around. Its just recently that we've acknowledged and labeled it.