PDA

View Full Version : Finding Your True Self

]v[edusa
03-07-2007, 09:42 PM
First off I have to talk about the false ego or false center. The false ego consists of greed, power, fear, feeling worthless, etc.. This ego is a reflection of what others think of you, it is your unself. Your real center is hidden behind the false center it is your true self. This false ego is brought upon by society. Through this ego society is controlling you. You have to act, talk, walk, believe, follow certain ways just as the society around you does. You wont even realize it and a majority of the population has this false ego. Your parents, your friends, teachers, and society reflect who you are and feed your false center.

This true center is in our heart, our home. According to Drunvalo Melchechizedek’s “Living in the Heart” this sacred space in our hearts is where all things are possible and it will allow us to find/remember our true self. The false ego gets us to think that we begin at birth and end at death, but our true center is actually eternal. We must “crucify the ego” meaning that we must get rid of this duality and allow the two egos to become one ego (the true center).

Here from the king's mountain view
Here from the wild dream come true
Feast like a sultan, I do
On treasures and flesh never few

Maynard’s introducing the false ego into the song.

But I would wish it all, away
If I thought I'd lose you just one day

He wants to wish his false ego away. It’s a bit ironic isn’t it? Wishing is something that comes from the false ego. He doesn’t want to lose touch with his true self or his real center by satisfying or feeding his false ego. Doing so may result in him forgetting about his true center.

The devil and his had me down
In love with the dark side I've found
Dabblin' all the way down
Up to my neck soon to drown.

The devil is another representation of the false ego.

But you changed that all for me
Lifted me up, turned me round

He’s talking about his true center which is in the sacred space of the heart or at the fourth (heart) chakra. The third chakra is called the will/ego chakra which is lower then the fourth so he’s most likely talking about getting lifted up from the will/ego chakra to the heart chakra.

Pray like a martyr dusk to dawn
Beg like a hooker all night long
Shout to the devil with my song
And got what I wanted all along

Praying to God is usually something that only comes from the mind, you place your mind’s attention on what it is you want to see happen. According to Thoth, if we want to create with the mind we create both polarities of our intention so if millions are praying for world peace then you end up with both war and peace. He’s shouting to the false ego which is born from society stating that polarities exist in the mind and unity exists in the heart. He had what he wanted all along and its all in the heart.

But I
I would
If I could
I would
Wish it away
Wish it away
Wish it all away
Wanna wish it all away
No price could hold sway
Or justify my
Giving away, my center

The true center is way better then the false center.

So if I could I'd wish it all away
If I thought tomorrow, it/they'd take you away

He seems to have an understanding of what the true center is and if he took a day off by forgetting about this center or did not put effort into crucifying the ego to reach it then the false ego may take over again allowing him to get sucked into his own reflection.

You're my piece of mind,
[my home / my Om / my own / my all]
I said I'm just trying to hold on
One more day

He is talking about his heart. Researchers from HeartMath say that the heart has brain cells. In a way it’s like having two brains so the heart is our piece of mind. Im pretty sure he says “home” in this. This sacred space in our heart is also referred to as our home. Either way, the others other then home work as well.

Damn my eyes!
Damn my eyes!
If they should compromise a fulcrum:
[Want and need] divide me
Then I might as well be gone...

The eyes are situated where the mind is. Our spirit is usually focused at the pineal gland, just cause we are right behind our eyes doesn’t mean our spirit can not experience other parts of the body like the heart. Since the eyes are where the mind is it is associated with creating the dualistic reality. You become unified in the heart, but the mind can be fooled with the false ego dividing or polarizing your thoughts.

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun
Shine down upon the broken
Shine [on 'til / until] the two become one

If you want to connect with your center or enter your sacred space then you need a connection with mother earth and father sky. You must create this holy trinity of the divine mother, the divine father, and the divine child (you). When you send your love to the divine father you are sending it to the stars or the sun. The hopi send their love to the Great Central Sun.
Two become one can mean:
-the two egos becoming one ego (true center)
-the dualist reality becoming unified
-going from being polarized in the mind to becoming unified in the heart.

[Divide and wither away
/ Divided, withering away
/ Divide, I wither away]

If you stay divided then you will wither away never actually connecting with your true center.

Shine down upon the many, light our way,
Benevolent sun.
Breathe in union

So, as one, survives
Another day and season

As I have been talking about before, this is called the Unity Breath. Here you breathe rhythmically feeling this union between you, the divine mother, and divine father. If you do this then you may attempt to finding your sacred space. There you will realize that you are light/love and that you are immortal/eternal.

Silence leech and say youre poison
Silence leech and stay out of my way

Both legions and leech make sense. If it’s legions then he could be referring to the legions releasing the false ego/poison, but I’m really hearing leech. Have you tried saying “silence leech and” out loud? It sounds like legion. Anyways the leech can be the false ego whether it be from you or society. A leech just wants and needs. Does this mean that Ticks and Leeches is about the false ego? I don’t see why not. I think it fits and goes along with the Lateralus theme.

i came across this idea after attempting to find my sacred space in the heart and failing because my false ego kept convincing me that it wasnt going to work... damn my eyes. read more if youre interested. i only left the basics, there is a lot more to this.

Rotating_Energy_Field
03-08-2007, 06:46 AM
That's an excellent way of looking at it. I am becoming increasingly more convinced that TOOL (especially Maynard) are using the band as a TOOL for their own personal evolution, while trying to help all those who will listen to evolve with them.

If you're interested in this sort of theory you should read Alex Grey's book, 'The Mission Of Art'. Once you've finsihed it you will look at TOOL's material in a totally different way, you'll see that they are trying to achieve the exact same thing as Grey.

MORNING_GLORY
03-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Isn't that a dualistic way to look at it?
You either have false ego or true ego.

Eight
03-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Its funny I should come home and find this post because I was listening to Jambi and thinking I wonder if lllvllledusa has found anything interesting about this song. I originally thought shadow (because of the division) but this makes more sense. The ego does seem to be a big part of where this species went wrong.
"and failing because my false ego kept convincing me that it wasnt going to work" ~ don't you just hate it when that happens;)

]v[edusa
03-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Isn't that a dualistic way to look at it?
You either have false ego or true ego.

the spirit or the true self ego is eternal. before you are born you are pure and you have no contact with the false ego. society brings upon the false ego. its kinda hard to grow without getting into contact with this false ego.

i didnt get to talk about "reflection" into depth but maynard states in that song that we have this true center or ego in us and without it is like the solar system without the sun.

"Its source is bright and endless
She resuscitates the hopeless
Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting"

anyways we have both the false ego and the true ego. our goal should be to eliminate the false ego so that there is only your true ego.

Its funny I should come home and find this post because I was listening to Jambi and thinking I wonder if lllvllledusa has found anything interesting about this song. I originally thought shadow (because of the division) but this makes more sense. The ego does seem to be a big part of where this species went wrong.
"and failing because my false ego kept convincing me that it wasnt going to work" ~ don't you just hate it when that happens;)

lolz!!! oh god, dont get me started on coincidences today.

the ego can be seen in terms of a reflection in a mirror. it is your "confident" cause the mirror also shows the truth of your shadow side.... dammit, i should just make a new interp on reflection.

MORNING_GLORY
03-08-2007, 08:38 PM
So how do you go about getting rid of this false ego? I've heard it so much over the past few years... but how?

SMEPman
03-09-2007, 10:16 AM
So how do you go about getting rid of this false ego? I've heard it so much over the past few years... but how?

Be

Inner_Eulogy
03-09-2007, 10:36 AM

And that is the magical question. I suppose the answer to this (which I also do not know) is the true key to enlightenment and the steps of becoming closer to the ONE. God or whatever entity you choose to call it/him/her.

]v[edusa
03-09-2007, 07:01 PM

ill have to say that the first step could be realizing what or where this false ego is.

jevons
03-10-2007, 12:39 AM
I have an ego, it tells me to burn things.

I have another ego, it tells me to burn things.

------------

Desire, the question is desire. What if i see the sun as my symbol for a true center? This might remove my concept of/belief in a false center (which i have been unlucky enough to meet in a dream, so this isn't hogwash), but it will not change the fact that there is another, ''truer'' center somewhere in the Universe to which i could be connected.

If Sirius is a double helix, where is it going?

If that (Sirius) is the center of the Universe, where is it going, and through what?

If there is a center of the Universe, what is it (the Universe) centered around?

If i am to find a center (which i think i have), to what does it cotribute if the ''true'' center of all things is unknowable to Human perspective? (if it is not, Medusa, please tell me what i have wrong.)

I can think from my heart, but it always says: more, do more, be more, NEVER STOP. And this leads me to believe there is a more efficient manner.

Sorry if this sounds ridiculous, it is a topic in which i am not well-versed.

jevons
03-10-2007, 12:44 AM
P.S.

That is, hands down, the ''correct'' interpretation of Jambi. Not kissing ass, it carries the most telescopic aspects, and therefore makes the most sense in terms of the storyline of the CD.

This concept goes through where others go inward and plant (on particulars); *looks at stereoscopic lenses, ponders*.

prescious lamb and martyr
05-20-2007, 06:15 PM
First off I have to talk about the false ego or false center. The false ego consists of greed, power, fear, feeling worthless, etc.. This ego is a reflection of what others think of you, it is your unself. Your real center is hidden behind the false center it is your true self. This false ego is brought upon by society. Through this ego society is controlling you. You have to act, talk, walk, believe, follow certain ways just as the society around you does. You wont even realize it and a majority of the population has this false ego. Your parents, your friends, teachers, and society reflect who you are and feed your false center.

This true center is in our heart, our home. According to Drunvalo Melchechizedek’s “Living in the Heart” this sacred space in our hearts is where all things are possible and it will allow us to find/remember our true self. The false ego gets us to think that we begin at birth and end at death, but our true center is actually eternal. We must “crucify the ego” meaning that we must get rid of this duality and allow the two egos to become one ego (the true center).

Here from the king's mountain view
Here from the wild dream come true
Feast like a sultan, I do
On treasures and flesh never few

Maynard’s introducing the false ego into the song.

But I would wish it all, away
If I thought I'd lose you just one day

He wants to wish his false ego away. It’s a bit ironic isn’t it? Wishing is something that comes from the false ego. He doesn’t want to lose touch with his true self or his real center by satisfying or feeding his false ego. Doing so may result in him forgetting about his true center.

The devil and his had me down
In love with the dark side I've found
Dabblin' all the way down
Up to my neck soon to drown.

The devil is another representation of the false ego.

But you changed that all for me
Lifted me up, turned me round

He’s talking about his true center which is in the sacred space of the heart or at the fourth (heart) chakra. The third chakra is called the will/ego chakra which is lower then the fourth so he’s most likely talking about getting lifted up from the will/ego chakra to the heart chakra.

Pray like a martyr dusk to dawn
Beg like a hooker all night long
Shout to the devil with my song
And got what I wanted all along

Praying to God is usually something that only comes from the mind, you place your mind’s attention on what it is you want to see happen. According to Thoth, if we want to create with the mind we create both polarities of our intention so if millions are praying for world peace then you end up with both war and peace. He’s shouting to the false ego which is born from society stating that polarities exist in the mind and unity exists in the heart. He had what he wanted all along and its all in the heart.

But I
I would
If I could
I would
Wish it away
Wish it away
Wish it all away
Wanna wish it all away
No price could hold sway
Or justify my
Giving away, my center

The true center is way better then the false center.

So if I could I'd wish it all away
If I thought tomorrow, it/they'd take you away

He seems to have an understanding of what the true center is and if he took a day off by forgetting about this center or did not put effort into crucifying the ego to reach it then the false ego may take over again allowing him to get sucked into his own reflection.

You're my piece of mind,
[my home / my Om / my own / my all]
I said I'm just trying to hold on
One more day

He is talking about his heart. Researchers from HeartMath say that the heart has brain cells. In a way it’s like having two brains so the heart is our piece of mind. Im pretty sure he says “home” in this. This sacred space in our heart is also referred to as our home. Either way, the others other then home work as well.

Damn my eyes!
Damn my eyes!
If they should compromise a fulcrum:
[Want and need] divide me
Then I might as well be gone...

The eyes are situated where the mind is. Our spirit is usually focused at the pineal gland, just cause we are right behind our eyes doesn’t mean our spirit can not experience other parts of the body like the heart. Since the eyes are where the mind is it is associated with creating the dualistic reality. You become unified in the heart, but the mind can be fooled with the false ego dividing or polarizing your thoughts.

Shine on forever
Shine on benevolent sun
Shine down upon the broken
Shine [on 'til / until] the two become one

If you want to connect with your center or enter your sacred space then you need a connection with mother earth and father sky. You must create this holy trinity of the divine mother, the divine father, and the divine child (you). When you send your love to the divine father you are sending it to the stars or the sun. The hopi send their love to the Great Central Sun.
Two become one can mean:
-the two egos becoming one ego (true center)
-the dualist reality becoming unified
-going from being polarized in the mind to becoming unified in the heart.

[Divide and wither away
/ Divided, withering away
/ Divide, I wither away]

If you stay divided then you will wither away never actually connecting with your true center.

Shine down upon the many, light our way,
Benevolent sun.
Breathe in union

So, as one, survives
Another day and season

As I have been talking about before, this is called the Unity Breath. Here you breathe rhythmically feeling this union between you, the divine mother, and divine father. If you do this then you may attempt to finding your sacred space. There you will realize that you are light/love and that you are immortal/eternal.

Silence leech and say youre poison
Silence leech and stay out of my way

Both legions and leech make sense. If it’s legions then he could be referring to the legions releasing the false ego/poison, but I’m really hearing leech. Have you tried saying “silence leech and” out loud? It sounds like legion. Anyways the leech can be the false ego whether it be from you or society. A leech just wants and needs. Does this mean that Ticks and Leeches is about the false ego? I don’t see why not. I think it fits and goes along with the Lateralus theme.

i came across this idea after attempting to find my sacred space in the heart and failing because my false ego kept convincing me that it wasnt going to work... damn my eyes. read more if youre interested. i only left the basics, there is a lot more to this.

Good work. I'm really interested in your perception of this song. I think it fits very well. Maybe you can refer me to some literature you read to learn about finding you true self. I would appreciate it.........

]v[edusa
05-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Good work. I'm really interested in your perception of this song. I think it fits very well. Maybe you can refer me to some literature you read to learn about finding you true self. I would appreciate it.........

Wow I wish I could fix a few things in this thread to make it easier for others to understand.

I seriously find that the best way of doing this is not totally through books but actually going outside, connecting with nature, and finding a place to meditate.

You should start doing exercises on calming the mind. This includes:

1)Walking on rocks (after doing this for a while you wont think about where or how your next step would be. Youre training yourself to not think of where you are stepping).
2) Chanting (It could be a prayer or anything, but the more times you keep saying the same thing over and over again you will reside without the mental merry-go-round.)
3)Meditation (Learning to stop that mental merry go round will help you meditate better)

Activating the Merkaba makes things really interesting. You can learn more about that through Drunvalo Melchizedek.

I'm currently reading this book http://www.spiritofmaat.com/maatshop/kabbalah_main.htm

I'm also reading a shamanic book because I was invited to visit a shamanic community soon in Halifax.

There is this really good audio meditation called Hemi-Sync as well.

You can take my advice because there is nothing wrong with that but you should really be searching for books that would suit your own spiritual path.

lossofprana
06-20-2007, 08:26 AM
I was talking to one of my friends about the ego but I couldn't explain it right I don't like how my mind or soul has an idea and thinks this is the right way but I have no way of proving such a thing and it has less to do with just blind faith because I would like to have some logic to such things. Thanks for the help of two egos

felix45
06-23-2007, 07:44 PM
the only question about all of this is on the false ego. Its kind of like even though I dont folllow what you call a false ego it is as though I'm conforming to someone elses so it is impossible to tell when someone is being fake or not. what am I to draw of this? its a question I have asked myself often and decided just being myself and drawing from myself is all I can do (even if I do sway back and forth, it is easy to hide behind a mask as we all should know when we feel vonerable (sp?)) and do my best not to judge (even though again human nature, I cant help but to judge)

basically I dont know what I'm even trying to say or ask, maybe for even more explination? I really am lost in this aspect so any help in any direction is good. I guess what everyone elses take on this is and how they deal with being fake themselves and seeing through the masks of others without being judgemental. it all just seems like an insurpassable barrier because of the way we act and are naturally.