PDA

View Full Version : yet another unity conciusness reference

ShadowLine
03-07-2007, 12:16 PM
'And we will come to find
That we are all one mind - saying we ned to realise we are all one and one with 'god'
Capable of all thats
Imagine the unconceivable - saying we don't yet know the power of our spiritual connection.

Just let the light touch you
And let the words spill thorough - the light is prana or love . the words refer to just opening your ears and mind to these ideas and concepts and not letting pre disposed 'truths (rather what you percieve to be true)' get in the way.
Just let them pass right through,
Bringing out our hope and reason.' - you will realise we are not just on a course to die and be wiped out of existence, we are eternal, forever concious.

chris
x

YKM
03-19-2007, 06:28 PM
yes brother... exactly so....
i like the use of prana in your explanation... me being indian and all..
we are all one mind...

TWENTY-THREE
03-26-2007, 08:35 PM
A collective net of narcissism, so to speak.

ShadowLine
03-27-2007, 10:31 AM
A collective net of narcissism, so to speak.

i'm not sure what you mean. The terms "narcissism", "narcissistic" and "narcissist" are often used as pejoratives, denoting vanity, conceit, egotism or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others. So if you mean we need to realise this and change it then yes i agree with you.

Much love,
chris
x

whatscomingthroughisalive
03-29-2007, 07:48 PM
- you will realise we are not just on a course to die and be wiped out of existence, we are eternal, forever concious.

Chris, I don't mean to knock your interpretation of the song or shit on your worldview, but have you ever considered just how much that belief caters to what you would like to be true? I mean, it seems that the basic idea is simply the denial of death. That's not profound. And why should we live forever? Why should the universe perfectly match what we would like to be true? That is the idea I have a problem with: That the universe exists for us, that we are central.
Now all of that may be what Maynard is saying I don't know but I'm just voicing my own ideas. And then there is that question of epistimology. You "realize" these truths--what does that mean? It seems that if we play that game there is no limit to the number of truths we would have, all coming from peoples independent "realizations". In fact this is very much what we have with religions the world over throughout human history--how do you go about distinguishing the true ones from the false ones? (they cannot all be true of course)
The forever concious part actually scares me. I've given some thought to what it would be like to be concious forever, literally without end and I've got to say it does not seem like the wonderful gift it is cracked up to be--I would not want to be concious forever, but, of course, what I would want is not what is and I may have no choice in the matter, I don't know.
All I'm saying is that I think it is better to face the world as we know it to be at its base than to belief things that we are not justified in believing because they make us feel good. We do know that we will die--you and I--we know that and what we don't know is whether or not the personality somehow survives that death--anyone who says that they do know it is lying, either to themselves or to you. I actually think it is sad that most people really think that they cannot face life w/o beliveing that they will never die--What inexhaustible pettiness and egotism! Just remember that even that if life became totally empty if there were no life after death that still would say nothing about the truth or falsity of that metaphysical proposition.
I'm sorry this has turned into something of a rant. Anyhow, keep listening to Tool and deriving your own meanings.

ShadowLine
03-30-2007, 06:32 AM
- you will realise we are not just on a course to die and be wiped out of existence, we are eternal, forever concious.

Chris, I don't mean to knock your interpretation of the song or shit on your worldview, but have you ever considered just how much that belief caters to what you would like to be true? I mean, it seems that the basic idea is simply the denial of death. That's not profound. And why should we live forever? Why should the universe perfectly match what we would like to be true? That is the idea I have a problem with: That the universe exists for us, that we are central.
Now all of that may be what Maynard is saying I don't know but I'm just voicing my own ideas. And then there is that question of epistimology. You "realize" these truths--what does that mean? It seems that if we play that game there is no limit to the number of truths we would have, all coming from peoples independent "realizations". In fact this is very much what we have with religions the world over throughout human history--how do you go about distinguishing the true ones from the false ones? (they cannot all be true of course)
The forever concious part actually scares me. I've given some thought to what it would be like to be concious forever, literally without end and I've got to say it does not seem like the wonderful gift it is cracked up to be--I would not want to be concious forever, but, of course, what I would want is not what is and I may have no choice in the matter, I don't know.
All I'm saying is that I think it is better to face the world as we know it to be at its base than to belief things that we are not justified in believing because they make us feel good. We do know that we will die--you and I--we know that and what we don't know is whether or not the personality somehow survives that death--anyone who says that they do know it is lying, either to themselves or to you. I actually think it is sad that most people really think that they cannot face life w/o beliveing that they will never die--What inexhaustible pettiness and egotism! Just remember that even that if life became totally empty if there were no life after death that still would say nothing about the truth or falsity of that metaphysical proposition.
I'm sorry this has turned into something of a rant. Anyhow, keep listening to Tool and deriving your own meanings.

thats cool man, i appreciate the fact that you have even considered my point of view, and i do take into consideration the fact that what i am saying is full of what i hope to be true.

i'll try and outline ,my ideas/beliefs clearly:

when i say forever concious i do not mean in our current state. of course we will die and our bodies will rot and be recycled into the earth. from where it came, eventually it will be returned.

i believe that there is different levels of conciousness which one can enter (obviously not in physical form), these levels of conciousness can be viewed for simplicity's sake as the harmonic scale in music. a note representing a level of conciousness.

i believe in reincarnation and when we die in this level of conciousness, unless we have changed our view, or being enlightened if you like, we will be reincarnated. we can however, after chaging perspective transcend into the next dimension/level of conciousness.

i believe in creationism AND evolution. they are the same thing. we have evolved over many years be creating and changing the way we think.

I believe that in the beggining, there was the void (nothing) and conciousness created everything that we are now, we all stem from that same conciousness. we have forgotton this, and the realisation is a remembering of where we have come from and where we are going. since our conciousness is just a branch of the orignal 'creator' if you will, WE ALL created the universe and everything that it entails. this 'creator' i refer to as 'god' for simplicity sake, as this 'god' is reflected in many religions, so it is easy for othere people to understand where i am coming from.

I beleive that we can remember where we have come from, and through the use of meditation and the opening of our hearts to the unversal light and love that is within each of us we can be concious through the death/ rebirth/ transcendance cycle.

we are much more than our earthly personas and bodies we are light and love and spirit, eternal but in a different form to what we are now.

i agree with you the idea of being concious forever in this current state of being would not be pleasent. but instead we are on a different level of conciousnees, much higher, and hard to imagine in our present state.

i did not mean that we are central i mean every single life form every bit of conciousness is not central to the universe, but IS the universe. everything is light and energy on different wavelengths.

with love,
chris
x

p.s. if anyone would like any more of this in detail i would be happy to oblige.

angryralph
04-07-2007, 09:12 AM
we are much more than our earthly personas and bodies we are light and love and spirit, eternal but in a different form to what we are now.

i agree with you the idea of being concious forever in this current state of being would not be pleasent. but instead we are on a different level of conciousnees, much higher, and hard to imagine in our present state.

i did not mean that we are central i mean every single life form every bit of conciousness is not central to the universe, but IS the universe. everything is light and energy on different wavelengths.

i like what you've said there. i've been trying to dwell a lot on this lately, with an open mind and heart. i'm beginning to really feel like a part of the universe and the connectedness of everything. like how enegry never truly goes away, it just changes from one form to the next, but it is always constant. but i seem to be stuck on the physical aspect of it. like when we die and our physical bodies decay and the energy changes to a different form(like when you say our bodies get recycled back into the earth). i just can't seem to get my head around some type of understanding of how that energy comes together to create consciousness or what people refer to as a soul. it's like i feel some type of understanding is there on the tip of my tongue, but i just can't get to the point of forming it into a word. i've always struggled with the idea of there being a god or creator, but it almost seems like there could be no other way to explain how this came to be.
if you get back to this post, could you please write some more on this topic. i'd appreciate that.

ShadowLine
04-09-2007, 10:03 AM
well ill try and elaborate on the creator/ god then. if you want anything else more specific just ask. try and imagine yourself in a room its total pitch black, you dont know where you are and you dont know how big th room is and if there is anything else in the room. now imagine you start walking forward towards a wall, but you dont know its there, just before you spank yourself into it, you brain recognises there is something there, maybe a split second before maybe longer, it depends. this is because you can project your conciousness. like a sixth sense.

now to apply this to 'creation'. - the void is like the room, it is before the big bang if you will although the big bang is not what i believe happened. all that existed was this condensed conciousness. whihc is represented by the eye of horus. now this conciousness projects itself into a sphere around itself. like a ball and just how your conciousness is projected in the dark room. then the center is shifted to the edge of the original sphere and creates another one. creating a vesica pieces. (day 2 of creation like from the bible only god is conciousness) it carries on in this manner untill it reaches the 'seventh day' or seventh sphere.of creation. this is called the seed of life. and through projection of conciousness the universe was created.

now material is light on a different wavelenth and light is an extension of conciousness. so that takes care of the materialist view.

o a little sidetrack here mentioning light. there is no darkness, you cannot see light travelling perpendicular or away from you, only if it travels towards you, darkness is merely light travelling in a different direction such as away from you., just a little side note i thought worth mentioning.

anyways i may have ommited some by accident, so there you are, if you want any more or clarification on these points or even on different points, just ask.

with much love
chris
x

something_Dark
04-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Interesting... you should check out the lyrics in reverse sometime. just click on one of the lil blue links down below.