PDA

View Full Version : THE LATERALUS COVER REPRESENTING THE ALBUM!!!

Phlame
07-07-2003, 09:45 PM
well i just looked at the lateralus cover because i was setting it as my backround, and it just occured to me... the cover is multi-layered, complex and all comes together! just like the album, it is cool without the other peices/layers but as a whole it is exquisite

i could go on and on about abstract connections (such as riding the spiral to the end and the eye that is at the end of the spiral) but this (multidimentional/layered) i feel is the biggest resembalendce, maybe tool came to alex grey, had him listen to the album and had him create a cover representing it...

just a thought that i am putting outhere for u guys

dont flame me for this,,, i might be totally wrong but im real tierd and shit so im kinda in a "state of vulnerable open mindedness"

GernBlanston
07-07-2003, 09:56 PM
heres a helpful link for ya....

Alex (http://www.alexgrey.com/)

go to Archive and then the Tool link.

tells more of the lateralus story, plus it has some awesome pics. enjoy!

Dredg
07-07-2003, 10:01 PM
Adam Maynard and Justin said in an interview tool sent Alex Grey unfinished songs so that alex could come up with some drawings for the album artwork......he listened for what the lyrics and music were portraying....

paper_head
07-07-2003, 11:05 PM
heres a helpful link for ya....

Alex (http://www.alexgrey.com/)

go to Archive and then the Tool link.

tells more of the lateralus story, plus it has some awesome pics. enjoy!Well I'll be damned! I didn't know that Adam was married to Camella Grace.

a useful idiot
07-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Camella Grace ?

the only thing I can think of is Camella in the WWF a long time ago who happened to be a fat black wrestler with painted stars and moon on his chest/belly who supposinly came from africa and wanted to revenge on something ... it was quite odd ...

Phlame
07-08-2003, 07:15 PM
Adam Maynard and Justin said in an interview tool sent Alex Grey unfinished songs so that alex could come up with some drawings for the album artwork......he listened for what the lyrics and music were portraying....

cool so i was actually close.... :)

imaduh
08-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Hey!

We should all get dibs on the music and creative process, sose that we could all be inspired at the same time they are, so they can recieve all of our input for the next project, recieving a cosmic conciousness motif, and thus, producing a perfect (alchemical!) album!

Now, who's tired?

Disgustipating
08-06-2004, 12:33 PM
why else would they have that spiritual art on the front if it had nothing to do with the album?

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 12:40 AM
well i just looked at the lateralus cover because i was setting it as my backround, and it just occured to me... the cover is multi-layered, complex and all comes together!"

Goddamnit, I KNEW maynard meant something when he said "the pieces fit"!!

:::breaks into magical jig:::