PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Songs of this Album?

Flood
11-29-2002, 12:10 PM
I am wondering what your favorite songs are on this masterpiece. This seperates D-R-T but not Eon Blue with Patient or Parabol with Parabola, simply because I think that D-R-T can work seperately. Eon Blue or Parabol can't work seperately from Patient or Parabola.

11: Mantra
10: Faaip de Oiad
9: Ticks and Leeches
8: The Grudge
7: Schism
6: Triad
5: Eon Blue/Patient
4: Dispostion
3: Parabol/Parabola
2: Lateralus
1: Reflection

Reflection takes me on a fucking trip it's that good. Everytime I hear "And we will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all concievable" and "before we pine away" that sends chills down my spine. The 4 minute instrumental relaxes me and Maynard's voice soothes me during the rest of the song.

-Phantom Pain-
11-29-2002, 12:22 PM
i can't pick out a favorite

i just can't

too much good songs to pick out

TheHollow
11-29-2002, 04:29 PM
I can't really tell them apart. It really depends on the mood I'm in.

interpretation
11-30-2002, 10:41 AM
lateralus
reflection
disposition
triad

i also love the patient, and every other song on the album, because its near perfect

Slave#1
12-01-2002, 10:02 AM
For my list, I'll give you three of my favorite songs from the album.

1. The Grudge
2. Eon Blue Apocolypse\The Patient
3. Triad

I'm not gonna tell you how my list is better than yours BUT, I will ask you this "why is Triad and The Grudge so low on your list?"

I take it you like Reflection alot? I can't really get into the song very much for some reason. During the intro I just find Reflection to be sorta boring. Danny is just playing the same drum line over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...well you get my point. I do, however, love the song once Adam and Maynard start up.

Adam has this style that is just not like any other. Its very strange, I can't put my finger on it...its like he knows that his playing is simple so he tries to use that simplicity to make himself better. Kinda like the liner notes from Undertow "I will make weapons out of my imperfections." Now, thats not to say that adam isn't a great player, he is...whoa god is he a great player. But, thats getting off topic. Reflection is a different kind of TOOL song.

I think this track was born when Danny found that using his simmons pads with his accoustic drums could be so rewarding during a song. I think he was probably like "whoa....this is fun...I wanna do this a lot during this song. It'll be awesome." And for that, I cannot tell you how pleased I am about how the members of tool are not held back from what they want to do with a song. Danny is an incredible drummer and he probably wanted to do something with a reacurring beat? Its just a guess. I think he wanted to give tool fans a taste of trance music.

But, my favorite part of the song is when Danny comes in at about 7:00 playing his drum solo. That thing is unreal. I just don't understand how one person could be sitting behind those drums...its like he's got little elfs with him. lolol

Anyways, Maynards lyrics are awesome too. I think my favorite line is said around 9:00. "And you will come to find that we are all one mind capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable." That is just amazing.

Now, about why Triad is so low on your list....that would be a LOOOOONG ass post....=P

Bryan

scorpioali
12-01-2002, 01:40 PM
i think that reflection is the standout track on this album. it's such an epic, emotional song, and the vocals are simply amazing. very moving, very touching. i feel as if i are moving to a higher consciousness when listening to this song. but you can consider a lot of the other songs as well, namely the patient, lateralus, the grudge.

Flood
12-02-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Slave#1

Now, about why Triad is so low on your list....that would be a LOOOOONG ass post....=P

Slave #1, my least favorite Tool song would probably be better than any other song of any other band out there. Like many posters said, it's hard to pick out a list, but I managed it. Triad being low doesn't mean it's a bad song, hell...it's a TOOL song. I just like the other songs better. Triad is good when I'm in a car or to get my energy up. That song gets my blood pumping.

Slave#1
12-02-2002, 04:01 PM
I guess its all about tastes

HoGdOgGeR
12-04-2002, 07:44 AM
my favorite song on lateralus is the grudge. when maynard belts out that long scream it just blows my fucking mind. every song on the album is incredibly good, but the grudge just sticks out in my mind.

hateandvaseline
12-04-2002, 10:14 AM
1. Disposition/Reflection/Triad
2. Parabol
3. Faaip De Oiad
4. The Patient
5. Schism
6. Parabola
7. The Grudge
8. Ticks & Leeches
9. Mantra
10. Lateralus