PDA

View Full Version : How to hear the hidden words

WTF
11-29-2002, 11:29 AM
I have an old solid state guitar combo with a half-blown speaker. I played third eye through it, and messed with the eq and almost totally eliminated everything but the hidden message. I tried this on multiple different amps and it only worked on this one.

After setting it up, I realized they are sprinkled throughout the entire song. Use this info as you choose.

scorpioali
11-29-2002, 01:06 PM
hidden words? what are these hidden words that you speak of?

Torpid_Prey
11-29-2002, 01:23 PM
Damn! I knew there were hidden words in the song but ill be damned if i can hear them. to me it just sounded like whispering, i never knew something was actually being said. Soz man, i have a half blown amp too, but i still cant get anything :(

interpretation
11-30-2002, 10:51 AM
sounds as if the Pink Floyd phenomonon (sp?) is slowly encroaching on TOOL...

it's only a matter of time now

sk8ingknot4659
11-30-2002, 09:13 PM
what is this a bout pink floyd and tool?

Floydian Theory
12-02-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by sk8ingknot4659
what is this a bout pink floyd and tool?

I think that person meant that alot of people started trying to find deeper meaning in alot of Pink Floyd's music etc.
That is definitely also happening with Tool.

I think it's cool. I am a HUGE Pink Floyd fan and Tool is the only band that has even come close to them for me.
They are two completely different entities, but there is alot of similarities too.
They both use metaphors ALOT.
The music has it's ups and downs even all in one song.
You can ride along with the music, you don't just hear where it is going, you kind of feel it.
And both have very thought/feeling provoking music.

idiotic
12-02-2002, 08:16 PM
=/ for those of us without such audio equipment, could you be a pal and transcribe the "hidden messages" for us? =) thanks

Stinkarm
12-03-2002, 08:42 AM
theres a hidden message in "hooker with a penis" as well, i was playin my headphones and pulled my headphone jack out just enough jsut to hear the guitar, drums, and maynards voice faintly. try it out, kinda cool to listen to some the songs that way

idiotic
12-03-2002, 10:55 AM
i've heard it in Hooker, but i still can't tell what it IS. maynard also says something faintly at the end of ticks and leeches, After "I hope, I hope, I hope you choke", but i can't tell what THAT is either. Also, in the "I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm" part of of Lateralus, he says something in the background... all i can pick up is that he says "step out". If anyone can hear this stuff and inform me, please, do so.

WTF
12-03-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by idiotic
=/ for those of us without such audio equipment, could you be a pal and transcribe the "hidden messages" for us? =) thanks

i would if I could, but I still can't make much of it. I have just established that it's there.

I should be getting some shrooms in a couple weeks, I'm gonna try to hear it again then.

DCarey46and2
12-03-2002, 06:39 PM
i tried the headphone jack trick and discovered at about 1:41 on hooker, maynard clearly says
"consume, be fruitful, and multiply"
a cry from corporate america straight to your headphones urging you to "send more money"

buy buy buy

sk8ingknot4659
12-04-2002, 01:45 PM
haha, that's funny cuz yesterday i realized he did that on hooker too, that's kinda funny. that's not the only part he wispers at tho, he does it at many parts...

sk8ingknot4659
12-05-2002, 04:30 PM
ok, i finally heard the hidden words you guys were talking about and they don't start until after the first prying open my third eye part, and the don't stop until he goes until the endind prying open my third eye part, and there is no way i can understand what he is saying, it almost sounds like aliens are talking. the sped up the speed of the words and it sounds like they warped them to, to be honest it's almost scary sounding...

astaroth
12-05-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by DCarey46and2
i
"consume, be fruitful, and multiply"

yeah, the be fruitful and multiply part comes straight from the bible in the genisis story. god says to adam and eve to be fruitful and multiply. i don't have any idea what maynards trying to say, maybe that human greed comes from god himself.

Dissonance
12-06-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by astaroth

yeah, the be fruitful and multiply part comes straight from the bible in the genisis story. god says to adam and eve to be fruitful and multiply. i don't have any idea what maynards trying to say, maybe that human greed comes from god himself.

The quote is simply "be fruitful and multiply". That has nothing to do with greed. It simply means go forth and bring more humans into the world.

flanders
12-06-2002, 02:56 PM
In the quiet section in lateralus there is an echo effect on Maynard's words, and then you can hear the words "step out" bouncing around. It is very very cool. I always listen to that song before bed and that section is sooooo awesome!!!!

Also, I do remember reading the old Opinions section about the hidden words on Third Eye. Some guy took it to his work at a sound lab or something, played it backwords and did some shit to it, it was a long time ago and my memory is foggy, but after some work he said he determined it was in another language or something, from somewhere else. I think it had to do with a tribe or something. Maybe I will try to find that opinion listed in the old section. I really don't remember much about it, so don't think I'm saying this as fact.

Ambience
12-06-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Dissonance

"be fruitful and multiply". d.

also found in the bible

am

zaum
12-07-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by idiotic
in the "I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm" part of of Lateralus, he says something in the background... all i can pick up is that he says "step out". If anyone can hear this stuff and inform me, please, do so.

I deciphered this a while back, its all said very faintly and echoing,

feel desire, feel rhythm, feel connected
step out, step out, step out, step out
fathom power, witness beauty, bathe in fountain
feel rhythm, step out step out
step out, feel rhythm, step out
feel the spiral

lovejoy-xk
12-08-2002, 09:28 PM
i heard the be fruitful multiply in hooker, and it was just amazing, because you hear about hidden messages all the time. and to actually 'hear' them, was just great.or maybe im just a real big fan. the headphone trick worked real well.

national
12-08-2002, 10:04 PM
some things have to remain simple, lets not forget this when interpreting lyrics and metaphors from tool

boredboy
12-09-2002, 04:59 PM
I remember the first time I heard the hidden words in Thrid Eye. I was in an *extreemly* altered state and I decided I would sit back and listen to the Aenema. I was lying in my bed with all the lights out and headphones on. I kept passing in and out of consiousness for the first few songs but then decided to skip right to third eye. Mid way through the song I started to hear this high pitched soft alien like language in the backround. Having listened to the song maybe about 40-50 times I got freaked out and unplugged the headphones. Talk about tripping! Anyway the next day I decided to see if the voices were a product of my state or if the state had enabled me to hear them, and sure enough there they were!

ThePoet
12-09-2002, 08:14 PM
It was a cold day and I was listening to Third Eye in my cd player and my mom pulled into a parking lot and told me to go in the store to get what I wanted. There was almost no wind that day, almost no noise at all and the song came to that intermissionish part where thought nothing happened except a few guitar twangs. Well I started hearing words to a poem, I could hear them very clearly and it was a really odd poem. I remember one line being (i do not recognize the vessel, but the eyes seem so familiar), and something about a raven. I dont know just try going to an extremely dead quiet place and listening to it on full blast....

ThePoet
12-09-2002, 09:08 PM
there's something before the start of it that sounds like someone is saying something in the studio but of course i could be wrong

shrowding all the ground around me
is this holy crow above me?
black as holes within a memory
blue as our new second sun
i stick my hand into the shadow
and pour the pieces from the sand
try attempt to reassemble
see who just i might have been
i do not recognize the vessel
but the eyes seem so familiar
like phosphourus in desert buttons(?)
singing one familiar song

i really suck at writing and understanding lyrics so people help me out, listen to third eye in a really quiet room on full blast....

WTF
12-10-2002, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by ThePoet
there's something before the start of it that sounds like someone is saying something in the studio but of course i could be wrong

shrouding all the ground around me
is this holy crow above me?
black as holes within a memory
blue as our new second sun
i stick my hand into the shadow
and pull the pieces from the sand
which I attempt to reassemble
see just who i might have been
i do not recognize the vessel
but the eyes seem so familiar
like phosphorescent desert buttons(?)
singing one familiar song

i really suck at writing and understanding lyrics so people help me out, listen to third eye in a really quiet room on full blast....

thats actually on the lyrics sheet.

i fixed where they were incorrect above

ThePoet
12-11-2002, 01:20 PM
wow i feel stupid

seeker
12-11-2002, 01:30 PM
someone mentioned words at the end of Ticks & Leeches... it's Adam (i think) and he says "you fucking bastards". as for 3rd eye, i never heard any hidden lyrics there... time to check it out.

also in T&L, during the down portion of the song, there is some kind of garbled sounding words coming from maynard. sounds to me like he's just making gibberish amidst his whispers to "suck me dry" but if anyone knows otherwise, please tell.

Paladin
12-11-2002, 04:23 PM
considering no one payed attention to my 'ahhh yes' post, ill type it in here:
let me enliten some of you, in fact in almost all tool songs there are hidden things. ill give some run downs maybe: in lateralus, if you want to hear what he says at the "spiral out" part, try using a vocal remover (such things are used on kereokee machines [sp?]) this elimantes the main vocals, which are usual in the center of a recording, most of the instruments are in other channels. in sober at the last chorus (or after im not sure) you hear people talking. in eulogy, if u do the same vocal removing at "he had alot to say, he had alot of nothing to say" interesting to note that he also says underneath that "he had lots to say, he lots of...*messed up*". in third eye, to make out more clearly wat maynard (or others) are whispering, also try using this vocal remover. also, if anyone has any audio programs, try removing certain channels and frequincys, might help. So keep that in mind, and start searching through tool songs for such things, it really gives a picture of how good tool really is.

for that posting about maynard/adam saying somthing at the end of Ticks and Leeches, its infact danny saying "that song was fucking fast" but you need to turn it up REALLY loud to hear that.

Jerk off
12-22-2002, 08:47 PM
I slowed down the song on my mixing program, so slow it was hard to sit through. ( can't belive I just said that about tool)
I can't hear any thing. I ripped the vocals from the drum, bass and guitar. Still nothing. I'm going to keep at it though,

seeker
12-23-2002, 03:28 AM
to hear it you have to turn it up really loud. even when my volume is maxed out it's hard to hear through my portable... which is probably why i was wrong about what (danny?) says.

OpenYour3rdEye
12-23-2002, 10:33 PM
i know this is really stupid, but i would like to try to decipher those lyrics too. where can i get a freeware program, if there is one, to try this?

Jerk off
12-24-2002, 12:20 PM
Go to www.sonicfoundry.com and dowload the trial version of acid express. Thats what I used.....

MW