PDA

View Full Version : Open your mind.

no response
03-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Maynard's message is to think for yourself. And i'm sure there is a hidden message. I have no doubt. But from the posts and shit i've read some of you are just over obssessing about tool. Maynard is no messiah with the great answer to life. He is a brilliant person, no doubt. But honestly, his message is to think for yourself. Question this material reality that we perceive with only our 5 senses and try to live beyond it. Open our third eye. Perceive with an open mind.

eataduck
03-26-2007, 11:53 AM
you are correct
be yr own messiah

"no one else can do for you like you"-Billy Corgan

Esurient4Truth
03-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Maynard's purpose behind this song may be to clear the mind and open yourself. We look deeply into this song (like) 23, but what if in reality, its actually quite simple?

You can sooooo meditate to this song. This song clears your mind. It's focusing. It's like "ohmmmmm....." This song is like that ephemeral state of nirvana... "ohmmm....."

I love this song.

lizbiz
03-28-2007, 11:54 AM
"ohmmm....."

Aum.

grind
05-15-2007, 11:20 PM
I could be way off track here but...

If any of you have ever smoked DMT...the sounds here remind me of the onset of the DMT experience.

jevons
05-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Maynard's message is to think for yourself. And i'm sure there is a hidden message. I have no doubt. But from the posts and shit i've read some of you are just over obssessing about tool. Maynard is no messiah with the great answer to life. He is a brilliant person, no doubt. But honestly, his message is to think for yourself. Question this material reality that we perceive with only our 5 senses and try to live beyond it. Open our third eye. Perceive with an open mind.

Maynard's a front man, you know that, right? He speaks for 4. I'm not condoning the guys who cut the song to pieces and put it at different speeds and all that, but most of what you said is just cut and pasted talkjobs from between songs.
If i percieve this song with an open mind, i get the feeling of two identically-shaped and weighted objects spinning oppositionally, occasionally spitting energy up, or through its core (i know up is relative, so let's say through). Something, a very unoffencive light washes over the apparatus, creating a dissonance. The apparatus rises, falls, but eventually is taken in by this stream, or beam, or whatever.
The river speaks, then trails off into oblivion.
Du-duh-daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
That is my opinion.

]v[edusa
05-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Maynard wants us to use his lyrics as a springboard for further discussion.

For instance: how, in your opinion, can I tell if my third eye is open?

Dammit. Thats is a really good question. I was wondering this the other day. Let me know if there is a thread for this. I can feel my heart and throat chakra, but I dont know how the hell to know if my third eye is open.

sorry to have brought this off topic

your right "no response", Maynard isnt some god releasing some message to life but a message to find an answer within yourself instead of from the outside world.

I have a feeling that if someone played around with this song with adobe that the message would be some kinda joke... maybe something along the lines of, "All that time finding the lyrics to this song and this is what you got."

thoughtprocess
05-18-2007, 10:35 AM
the music in general is set to open the mind. the words, the music, are not what they appear to be, and turn in your mind. once turned 365 degrees the true meanings come through, an those meanings are nothing, they are just keys to unlock your mind, once your 3rd eye is open, the music no longer exists.
The songs, albums, are windows to the other side. Just as meditation can be.

]v[edusa
05-20-2007, 08:45 AM
I can focus on the top of my mouth and area almost directly behind my eyes until I see rainbows and kaleidoscopic shit and it makes my eyes dilate. Does that count?

REally? That sounds really cool. I see some things sometimes when I'm meditating like a wolf/ pack of wolves and a relaxing place like under some trees or in a desert. The only psychedelic things that I see while I'm wide awake are in the darkness or shadows because I can see energy and sometimes my own prana energy. Usually I feel my chakras, I dont know if I'm feeling my third eye yet. I get a funny feeling on my forehead but isnt that chakra supposed to situated where the pineal gland is? I dont know, I would really like to know more on opening the third eye or the third eye chakra.

mr. nikki jensen
05-20-2007, 09:08 AM
i still believe that VT is just filler noise

toolwithapenis
05-20-2007, 06:37 PM
i still believe that VT is just filler noise

and i still agree

TWENTY-THREE
05-20-2007, 08:30 PM
It's an invitation to awareness.

EternalEnergi
05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Filler noise...meditation aid...perhaps a hidden message. I say to each his own. Use what TOOL has given you to reach your goals, however it may help. But my own personal opinion...I think the last track on 10,000 Days is the result of a mistake. A mistake that sounded kind of cool, (for lack of a better term) If you take it for what you can positively define it as, which is a bunch of noise, then you can most assuredly agree that it suits the rest of the album, plain and simple. Now I'm not saying that there definitely is no meaning behind it, but to try and decipher a code so cleverly designed, would be doing exactly what Maynard has openly spoken against. Think for yourself. But then again, to live life by what he says is just another way of conforming so, I guess what I'm trying to say is...fuck it. I would have liked to hear another song. I think that's easier to meditate to than what sounds like the SFX in a video game.

jevons
05-25-2007, 10:46 AM
REally? That sounds really cool. I see some things sometimes when I'm meditating like a wolf/ pack of wolves and a relaxing place like under some trees or in a desert. The only psychedelic things that I see while I'm wide awake are in the darkness or shadows because I can see energy and sometimes my own prana energy. Usually I feel my chakras, I dont know if I'm feeling my third eye yet. I get a funny feeling on my forehead but isnt that chakra supposed to situated where the pineal gland is? I dont know, I would really like to know more on opening the third eye or the third eye chakra.

no, not really.

jevons
05-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Filler noise...meditation aid...perhaps a hidden message. I say to each his own. Use what TOOL has given you to reach your goals, however it may help. But my own personal opinion...I think the last track on 10,000 Days is the result of a mistake. A mistake that sounded kind of cool, (for lack of a better term) If you take it for what you can positively define it as, which is a bunch of noise, then you can most assuredly agree that it suits the rest of the album, plain and simple. Now I'm not saying that there definitely is no meaning behind it, but to try and decipher a code so cleverly designed, would be doing exactly what Maynard has openly spoken against. Think for yourself. But then again, to live life by what he says is just another way of conforming so, I guess what I'm trying to say is...fuck it. I would have liked to hear another song. I think that's easier to meditate to than what sounds like the SFX in a video game.

To each his own... it's so simple.

Cheesegreater
05-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Jevons, I like the way you describe what you envision when you hear this song.

I don't know what the whole scope of what this song truly is, but I've my own thoughts. To me it sounds like the inner workings of an unfathomably ginormous machine. Think about when Neo comes out of his little shell in the Matrix, but imagine all that he sees as actually being inside of a greater machine. Sorry for the Matrix reference, but I think it gets across the size of what I see when I hear this song.

I don't know if their is indeed a secret meaning or anything, but I'm certainly guessing that there is, however it will probably be awhile before the meaning is common knowledge. It's kinda like that last track on Lateralus. You think, "What the FUCK is this?!?" I mean, I'm sure there were quite a few people that didn't catch the whole Art Bell show thing. It'll be awhile before people conclusively know what this song it about. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's something. Maybe it's deep, and maybe it's a joke. But it's still pretty damn cool to have people still scratching their heads over a year later.