PDA

View Full Version : What "Triad" did for me

Slave#1
11-29-2002, 10:43 AM
When I first got Lateralus, I was pretty new to the world of TOOL and I didn't know what to expect. I started to listen and didn't really like any of it at first. But, after some more time with the album, I started to really understand how good it really was.

I remember getting mad because the songs were taking so long to build up. I got tired of waiting a minute to hear the lyrics start...but I got over that soon after because I started to realize how good the music really was. TOOL to me is more about music than lyrics.

Lyrics can only add so much to a song.

Thats why I love "TRIAD."

First off, Triad starts out with a killer guitar solo. Adam really out did himself with this one. Then, upon ending the two minute solo, the song really gets going with Justin feeding the low end with the bass. That really adds to the fierce nature of this song. What really amazed me during this song is the use of Danny's drumming in order to keep the beat going...its simply amazing. Danny, if your reading this...you are the only drummer I listen to now since I found your work with TOOL.

You can infact hear what sounds like Maynard at the end of this song chanting what sounds like "Giving in."

Triad was my favorite song on Lateralus for a LONG time.

I love instrumentals and I hope TOOL uses more of them on the next album they release

ADAM
MAYNARD
DANNY
JUSTIN

THANK YOU FOR MAKING SUCH GOOD MUSIC!

DON'T EVER STOP DOING WHAT YOU DO SO WELL!

Thanks,

Bryan

seeyouauntie
11-29-2002, 11:38 AM
i agree it kinda funny when you look at this "tool" forum because most of it only deals with 1/4 of tool, which is maynard.

nikstar
12-08-2002, 09:09 PM
That's pretty true. But then a lot of people aren't musicians and all they hear is the words with a musical background to keep the lyrics moving. So I guess we can partially forgive some people.

Triad seemingly lifts every emotion in my body, then drops it - over and over again. If I close my eyes I can feel the music. My moods go into overdrive, and my frame of mind swings from calm to overpowered in a matter of chords and drum beats. Absolutely amazing. The rise and fall part of this song is so thick I could almost see it materializing before my closed eyes.

paraflux
12-11-2002, 09:56 AM
Nah, I really can't "forgive" a person for not hearing the music as much as the vocals. The music says just as much if not more than the lyrics. Crazily so.