PDA

View Full Version : Bringing the pieces back together

goobermensch
02-27-2007, 04:41 PM
actually im just going to go and create some new pieces here.. hah

**Things I noticed when I heard the album stoned**

I know many of you have done this, and its fucking beautiful to listen to it high.. but i picked up a few things this time, esp. in regards to this song.

1. In Lost Keys.. the chords that are played in there ive always thought had some representation of the persons consciousness.. what i realized was.. that when Lost Keys starts the dude is unconcious.. and then you begin to hear breathing spasms slowly getting louder and more defined.. (btw there may just be whispering in there.. someone needs to give this a closer listen.. ill explain why later).

2. Moving on you begin to hear beeps and bloops hospital machinery sounds etc. then you hear the nurse talking.. (not quite awake yet)... the nurse and doctor continue their conversation, and while their talking specifically when the nurse says "no ID nothing" *BOOM* the guy wakes up/opens his eyes whatever.. and thats when the doctor says "well then lets say hello", meaning we mightaswell ask him now that he's up..

3. In Rosetta Stoned.. he starts telling his story.. but he's actually recounting word for word what he saw as well as he could describe it. He starts with the time, the substances he administered etc. very detailed like an erowid experience posting almost dont you think? Anyway I was writing stuff on a napkin in this bar when I thought of this (tool taught me to keep my pen handy).. I remembered back in 03 i read something on the internet about maynard writing the lyrics of some song on a napkin at some club.. back then i figured it was sudden inspiration etc. but it just occured to me that maybe it was an acid lounge or something.. and thats where the words came to him finding nothing he puts it on a napkin just so he could remember.

(I dont want to get in the argument whether the dude in the song is maynard or not thats irrelevant)

so thats when i thought (and wrote down on a napkin) is Area 51 some obscure/underground club?

4. looking at the verbage in the beginning of the lyrics.. the way he stresses some words, the just pop up and hit you like when you're high and stuff pops out at you.. like when he says "banana split the sky wide open" the words banana-split emerge.. so someone tripping could actually be staring at a banana-split and thinking.. woah its an alien space ship.. he mentions doughnuts a second time after the Krispy Kreme reference -- so they were still lying around somewhere.. he follows the visions down to his feet and sees a pattern emerge on his slippers that resembels an alien type thing... then he pissed his pants.

5. Now the DMT or whatever he's on has really started to hit him so he's seeing another level of imagery.. the "so light in his way" etc. "The blotter got on top of me" must'v seen a pattern in the trippy blotter paper.

6. I think when he says "Cause' this shit never happens to me" the first time and then "I can't breathe right now" he gets back to the present.. waking up in wonderland is waking in the hospital room.. and the doctor and the nurse were sounding like peanuts parents, cuz he was so fuckin zonked when he woke up in Lost Keys.

7.. ok something just occured to me when i was typing this, and after a quick reference check on my mp3 player, when he says the above quoted line, its exactly 3:46 through the song.. the exact length of Lost Keys.. so technically his response to the the doctor's "Now, what's happened? Tell me everything." could begin from

I can't breathe right now!

It was so real,
Like I woke up in Wonderland.
All sorta terrifying
I don't wanna be all alone
While I tell this story.

moreover when he gets over the i cant breathe right now.. his narrative enters the present .. then he starts describing things in the hospital room as his references indicate.. "strapped down to my bed" "gyroscopes", "infrared" etc.
so technically theres a whole blind spot in the narrative.. where they take him inside.. and then he wakes up in his bed..

8. My unverified theory.. (please dont bash me too much for this) the "message is somewhere in Lost Keys.. lost somewehre in his stuttering stammering heavy breathering whispering chanting and what not .. ever wonder why the song was called that in the first place? geddit?

9. Ive already mentioned this one before.. but here goes again.. exactly at the half way mark of the song is when this dude realizes he doesnt remember shit.. like half way to the second..

10. The chanting in the middle.. has a very strong resemblance to what was being sung in Lipan .. only its a little off .. and the guy zonks out until he reaches the climax.

11. I dont have an 11th point.. just trying to mimic the length of the album etc. think of it as a Viginti Tres or something.. but guys you have to admit.. the ammount of detail in this album is incredible.. i love how its full of these things you discover once you've appreciated it and learnt to love it .. then all these things reveal to you slowly.