PDA

View Full Version : Misprint?

ruiner4482
02-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I've been scouring the internet for a while trying to find a definitive answer to what exactly on Salival is misprinted. I'm pretty sure I have found 1 screw up Merkaba is track 5 and You Lied is track 6. I see these Ebay auctions and they go something like this "Rare Tool OOP with all the misspellings!!11!!1+11!omgwtfbbqsauce!!111!" I don't happen to see any misspellings.

Just curious if anyone knows what if anything else is screwed up on there

hushypushy
03-02-2007, 09:54 AM
There are also various misspellings, like Aloke Dutta's name, "Push It" instead of Pushit, and some other crap like that.

Esurient4Truth
03-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Errors: Check Salival on Wikipedia. They should have some stuff.

Newer Salival releases are going for about $100 with all corrections.... However, some websites are selling Salival anywhere between $30 (what I bought mine at) and $60. Salival is one of the best things ever made.

ruiner4482
03-04-2007, 10:35 AM
I didn't even think about looking at wikipedia even though I use it all the time haha. I was pretty sure mine was one of out of the first batch because I bought when it first came out I was just curious though. Thanks for the info.

hushypushy
03-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Ok, I went to my friend's house last night and he has the red tape Salival (I have the black tape version). The layout of the text in the back of the booklet is quite different. And they have typos like "Aloke Dutto".

There's no difference though, I can't believe that one is more valuable than the other.

Esurient4Truth
03-06-2007, 02:24 PM
What the hell are red tape and black tape versions? I've heard of VHS and DVD, but colored tapes???

jevons
03-12-2007, 09:09 AM
I think he means the band at the bottom half of the CD, if you are about to open it like a book.

tomisatool
04-07-2007, 02:11 PM
I wish I could get my hands of a fresh Salival. That clear plastic shit, and the smell...

I could cum...

Esurient4Truth
04-07-2007, 03:54 PM
FYI > try FYE

there, I said it, FYE

(my second copy is still back ordered though... I wonder if it's stuck in port?)

hushypushy
04-09-2007, 03:18 PM
What the hell are red tape and black tape versions? I've heard of VHS and DVD, but colored tapes???

Like I already said, there are multiple versions of the VHS, go look around the internet and you should find some pictures. I own the black tape version, and I know someone who has the red tape version. I've seen it in person, yes it is real.

chaotic_confusion
04-10-2007, 01:31 PM
yup, i have seen both the red cartridge vhs, and the black cartridge vhs (as this is the copy i own). As for the misprints they're all minor, however i don't know why they'd be more valuble, as many as i've seen they're just as rare as the corrected printings at this point.

hushypushy
04-10-2007, 08:36 PM
From what I've seen, the corrected printings and black tape VHS are more common than the first printing with typos and red tape. But that's just judging from what I've seen on eBay...I know three people with Salival, including myself, and those three versions are:

1. black tape later printing
2. red tape first printing
3. DVD first printing

So, eh.

chaotic_confusion
04-11-2007, 05:06 PM
i guess it's debatable whether or not the misprints in general actually add value, it's most likely the fact that a majority of the misprints are comprable to first-edition printings. However i'd go so far as to say that the misprints add to collectbility(sp?).

hushypushy
04-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Well, people want the misprints because they are idiots. If it came first or in limited capacity, it's worth more money...even though the typos literally mean nothing, and the artwork and music are exactly the same (although the book layouts slightly vary).

chaotic_confusion
04-12-2007, 05:50 AM
Obviously anybody who obtains a copy of salival that's supposedly more valuble than the others, should be burned at the stake. Only witches buy collectible Tool parafonelia(sp?) to sell it for more. and that is a fact.

paraflux
04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
yup, i have seen both the red cartridge vhs, and the black cartridge vhs (as this is the copy i own). As for the misprints they're all minor, however i don't know why they'd be more valuble, as many as i've seen they're just as rare as the corrected printings at this point.

It's just like baseball cards in the sense that if there is a misprint, for some reason they are more collectible.

chalk_line
04-12-2007, 09:00 AM
It's just like baseball cards in the sense that if there is a misprint, for some reason they are more collectible.

I remeber i had a card with another guy's stats on the back

worthless. but cool nonetheless

chaotic_confusion
04-12-2007, 01:40 PM
reminds me of this famous Star Wars Movie Picture Trading Card... it was a scene from the Empire Strikes Back, and there was a "misprint" on it, in which C-3PO had an extra "limb" pertruding from his groin.

hushypushy
04-17-2007, 10:06 PM

Well, usually if it's a misprint that mean it's rare, and that means it's collectible. But I think what Chaotic_Confusion was referring to was how none of them seem rarer than any of the other ones, and therefore, the whole deal about extra value is a bit strange.

chaotic_confusion
04-18-2007, 08:58 AM
precisely, beit they're first pressings they could be easily considered more valuable, but that's it.

hushypushy
04-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Yeah but like you said, when the first edition is just as common as the rest...then it's strange.

Another force at work here might be that the people who own the first edition are the ones trying to sell it because they think it's worth more...in other words it's just generating its own hype.

chaotic_confusion
04-18-2007, 12:10 PM
pretty easy to do that... not as many people are skeptical as to rarity when told so, as i'm comfortable with, but i suppose it's something i can't entirely change, i was naive once too. Only tool variant releases that i know of that are more rare than others are the first edition undertow vinyl pressings (i believe the clear one was more rare than the grey), and the original pressing of the opiate vinyl (which had picture inner sleevs, and picture labels on the actual record). i'm told that the lenticular version of the aenima cd is worth more, but i have yet to see any evidence. I have, in no way, heard of added value for the misprinted versions of salival, the red tape my be worth more, but that's it, and be it i'm a serious collector, you should take my word for it.