PDA

View Full Version : Live in the New Tour?

Arkham Asylum
02-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Why isn't this song appropriate for the new tour? They've been playing "Swamp Song" in lieu of "Sober" and for some time they played nothing pre-Ænima for this current tour.

"4 Degrees" has spoken vocals with little to no apparent strain for Maynard's voice (which is why I think they've been laying off the Opiate and Undertow tracks for the most part, other than the fact that it's the 10,000 Days tour.)

This song would be just as appropriate as "Sober"/"Swamp Song" if not MORE appropriate.

Pavlov_Dog
02-24-2007, 03:05 PM
I agree. . . This song is way better than Swamp Song, and I personally like it more than Sober, and the part from 3:19-3:29 is very good.

Arkham Asylum
02-24-2007, 03:34 PM
It's just that it seems like the setlists are tailored to reduce strain on Maynard's voice (which is fine). If this is the case, then "4 Degrees" is probably the least stressful song on Undertow. It'll give the fans a change and it'll give Maynard a break too.

Win-win-win situation.

(The third win is for the fact that this song is my favorite off Undertow.)

Arkham Asylum
03-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Actually, disregard the fact that it will give the fans a change. That has never influenced the construction of the setlists.