PDA

View Full Version : what about the third eye?

sam905
02-22-2007, 03:32 PM
well i know the third eye is thought to be the dream (dmt) producing gland (pineal) in the brain and what its supposed to do, anybody got any idea how it and the diffrent religions and belfies that are affileated with are shown in the song mabey there not just wondering if anybody noticed anything, i ve been looking into it and am becoming more and more intrested in the brain and everything dealing with it, any new info you cant find on wikipedia would be nice, really anything

barffyman
02-23-2007, 10:23 AM
try looking in to chakras and/or the tree of life (qabalah), i believe it's brought up most in chakra system. i believe the chakras are from a hindu/buddhist belief, and the tree of life is generally thought of as judaic (though some believe greek). i believe the two can be related to eachother, and have lots to do with consciousness, but i could be wrong about everything i just said. if anyone knows any good books which related the two (or more) i'd be greatful for the heads up.

the song is mostly based off of a book called "the teachings of don jaun: a yaqui way of knowledge" by carlos castaneda. it's an excellent book, quick and easy to read too. if you like reading, you should read the first four books in his series:
teachings of don juan
a separate reality
journey to ixtlan
tales of power

all excellent books, and may open up ideas about the third eye (though nothing techinical is mentioned - in fact i don't think third eye is ever mentioned in the book).

sam905
02-23-2007, 01:20 PM
yeah ive studied chakras some, but thanks for the book refrence

tryptosaur
03-16-2007, 04:10 PM
The third eye is the inner eye of vision. The eye that doesn't look out, but looks within. Some people use meditation and some use intense pain as in self-mutilation to (try to) open the third eye. My guess is that the more abrupt methods qualify as a prying open. Psychedelics most definitely pry the thing wide open.

marek
04-01-2007, 12:11 PM
You should try to read DMT:Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman...
Its fantastic book...