PDA

View Full Version : Tool Scary?

Colicab
11-28-2002, 09:52 PM
Some girl came up to me at school today and asked me what I was listening to in my discman. Of course I said 'Tool'. She replied by saying. 'they are scary, their music is about the devil'. I tried to explain that it was actually extremly positive music and that it was good for you to listen. She wouldn't have it. She told me I worshpped Satan and left. The nerve of some closed minded people.

pink gentile
11-29-2002, 02:27 PM
jared

i've had so many ignorant people say the same thing to me. they just hear one part of a single song, don't understand it, and then they jump to conclusions. i have gotten some of these people to listen to it, and then explain it if they dont understand, and i have gotten many converts this way. although, if you try this, you might want to play them a mellow song.

replica
12-05-2002, 06:25 PM
WAIT, tool isn't about satan?
SHIT, i'm outta here.
SATAN SATAN SATAN.

Slippin_Away
12-12-2002, 08:36 AM
I had the same thing happen to me. I was playin Aenima in the car and "Die Eier Von Satan" came on. My dad was in the car and the he says "wow, you've changed since you've been at college." He thought it was funny when I explained that it was a recipe for cookies.

pink gentile
12-15-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Slippin_Away
I had the same thing happen to me. I was playin Aenima in the car and "Die Eier Von Satan" came on. My dad was in the car and the he says "wow, you've changed since you've been at college." He thought it was funny when I explained that it was a recipe for cookies.

i was riding with some friends and played that song, and they called it angry german techno, and they didnt believe that it was a recipe.

Torpid_Prey
12-15-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by replica
WAIT, tool isn't about satan?
SHIT, i'm outta here.
SATAN SATAN SATAN.
dude r u gothic? lol my bro is gothic. its kinda pathetic really

thats 1 of the reasons i like tool so much. ppl who dont understand tool always make fun of them saying they shit the dont understand, but its really easy to have a decent conversation with a fellow tool fan. all tool fans (except satan over here) understands what tool r on about and i just like being appart of the "group"

Originally posted by pink gentile
and they called it angry german techno

HAHA angry german techno - thats the funniest thing ive ever heard!

']['ørpîd ]?rêÿ

2L8665
12-17-2002, 08:06 PM
What?! You laid the eggs of Satan and you don't even have the decency to worship him? Madam Ju, what the hell is going on here? You should be ashamed. Ok, you don't have to worship Satan anymore but in the future, do you think you can let me know when you're gonna change religions? Cus, you know, I want to be just like you when I grow up. Ok, huh? Can I, huh, huh? Ok, maybe it wouldn't be so bad being a little like ya. Of course, that would depend on which "ya" we'd be talking about and on "hoo" day. ;)

You know we love you guys!
It's tough, but you're tougher (now don't make me get the meat tenderizer out).
Hurry back to Vegas!!!
(I forgot your e-mail address. I guess that's what I get for not writing it down, huh?
Well, you know what to do; dial it baby, there's someone that wants to talk to you).

axe3939
12-22-2002, 04:39 PM
people who r that close-minded to dismise Tool so easily are obviously not ready for the message! and dont deserve to gain the intense pleasure and insight! their loss!

forty6n2
12-23-2002, 12:57 PM
Well I don't really hate them, but it pisses me off how people would just close their mind to anything they dont understand. TOOL has some very positive uplifting music. And it might be because of all the metaphors these people don't want to think about it so they jump to conclusions and the one that most comes to mind is they are evil. Scary. Satan worshippers.

A while ago I was walkin around school with a TOOL shirt on and this guy (I kinda now him) says TOOL sucks, and I try to make a point about their music and he just wouldn't have it. I doubt he has ever heard a whole TOOL song. I wanted to kick his ass so bad. But it's his loss.

I think that there should like be a group of ''TOOL missionaries'' that explain to people the brilliance of TOOL and the art they create goes much deeper than just evil.

2L8665
12-24-2002, 12:00 PM
Have you ever noticed how the most positive to some can be interpreted into the most negative to others. And it always seems that the most negative views come from the most positive LOOKING viewers. Needless to say, this is also what this whole album is about; how YOU as an individual see things as a whole. Do you see it as being "half empty or half full"? The (-ions), isn't that the more positive? How do YOU see it all? They are entitled to their - just as you are to your + (of course, we do like the positive better don't we, or do we?).

Karf
01-22-2003, 01:03 PM
"Have you ever noticed how the most positive to some can be interpreted into the most negative to others."

Same thing about religion. One thing that a group of people belive, and some other people can inturperete and have it to the exact backwards.

chafro
01-22-2003, 01:38 PM
it doesnt matter, as long as you open at least one other persons eyes to tool its all good. i have opened 4 peoples eyes to tool and they all love it now.

Torpid_Prey
02-03-2003, 01:37 PM
I gotta admit, ive tried to get my friends to like tool, but all my friends are all skeptical about tool bcuz their songs r too long - wimps - i love long songs, they just have no attention span.

«---- '][' ø r p î d ]? r ê ÿ ----»

preacher
02-04-2003, 11:01 AM
TOOL is not just a band, it's a way of life, my personal uplifting power music. The people outside of that box don't understand openmindedness as we know it, but then again it's probably for the best because unfortunately an ignorant person might get the wrong impression and start worshipping satan, or worse yet lose it completely and go postal. Not that worshipping satan is any worse than being a christian in my book, they are both for the week and feeble minded from what I see. By the way, isn't this a "PUSHIT" forum? What happened to the song analysis?

Keep that in mind at all times thank you =)

holy reality
02-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by 2L8665
Have you ever noticed how the most positive to some can be interpreted into the most negative to others. And it always seems that the most negative views come from the most positive LOOKING viewers. Needless to say, this is also what this whole album is about; how YOU as an individual see things as a whole. Do you see it as being "half empty or half full"? The (-ions), isn't that the more positive? How do YOU see it all? They are entitled to their - just as you are to your + (of course, we do like the positive better don't we, or do we?).

That is such a great point. Take country music. I hate it with a passion, it depresses the hell out of me. Yet I see all these hicks (and no offense intended, just look at my location) singing along to these songs all happy like..... I mean how are songs about "I miss my friends." "I've got friends in low places" "She thinks my tractors sexy" intended to put you in a good mood? The whole sound and twang and voice it just drags me down, not to mention how one dimensional most of the lyrics are, and how almost all are about sadness......

Yet people love the songs and don't seem one bit saddened to hear a song about a dead grandma.....

But you know a lot of Tool's songs have very dark content and lyrics, yet I find them uplifting, sometimes calming to listen to.... I mean Aenima is real relaxing and it's about the world ending (sort of)...... you know... and if some random yokel heard something like Aenima or Hush or the Gaping Lotus Experience they would probably think it is evil Satan music.....

Tool is very dark and maybe even "scary." There have been a few times when I got scared listening to a tool song, but as dark and sometimes ofensive as they are, they deal with real issues and feelings, and they can also be uplifting.... i.e. 46 and 2, parabola, lateralus.

Anyway I played the Gaping Lotus Experience for my friend and it got to "Satan, Satan, Satan," and he took the headphones off and said it was horrible, though he said it with a laugh. I don't know whether he realized it was a joke or not, and I didn't feel like explaining it to him, as I hate arguing with close minded folk, esepcially of the religious kind. I don't know how close minded he is, but I was too tired to explain it to him at the time.

dawn
02-13-2003, 09:55 PM
people fearing truth is not a new concept. they are afraid of the unfamiliar...maybe tool is scary to her
pitty should take precidence over animosity.
this girl may never feel the peace that comes with the melodic harmony of tools music

4th Eye
02-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Maybe if someone hears "Gaping Lotus Experience" or "Die Eier.." first, it might sound kinda satanic.

And to me, Tool gives positive feelings, when I'm lying on bed listening to it, even "Die Eier", it's just so funny... Cookies....Heh...

Angry german techno....HEHEHEHEHE...almost...

adbirdnas
03-04-2003, 06:34 PM
I had a similar experience after the fall 2001 tour. After the show at MSG i proudly wore the oncert shirt around school the next day. Someone (who eventually got expelled for stealing money from the class treasury) came up to me and told me i "don't deserve to be a tool fan". His reason behind it was that he didn't like me, and i had no reason to listen to the same music as him. But what really pissed me off about his whole thing, he told me that he's been a fan since that may, and he boutght Lateralus a few weeks after it came out, I bought Ænima the day it came out in 96, but yet i was the one who wasn't deserving to be a fan of the whole tool experience.

eulogy508
03-11-2003, 06:54 PM
my older sister refuses to listen to tool just b/c she thinks they're too depressing... it really bothers me!!

TragedysEyes
03-14-2003, 01:56 PM
Speaking of people being closed minded about tool.....last night my boyfriend and i got kind of in a fight because he said something about tool trying to hard to be different.....and how 'different' is the fad and inturn makes them the same as anyone else....uuugggh the ignorance....another time a tool song came on the radio and he said it sounded 'just like everything else' ugh whatever....and he whipped out his bass at some point and played the begining of schism showing me how uncomplicated it was.....i guess he thinks complicated riffs make themmm....better? Anyways, probly the first way anyone could seriously piss me off is insult tool....expecially uninformed about it, i said he [my boyfriend] was uninformed and therefore is opinion was....um well uninformed, he said he read a website called cdies or somesthing? anyways im just going off....I guess he should listen to some tool and think for himself :-) (not to be cliche)

*-*anyone want to chat via AIM my sn is ExpectingLess*-*

sircorn
04-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 2L8665

So true it hurts

abefrohmn
04-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Colicab
Some girl came up to me at school today and asked me what I was listening to in my discman. Of course I said 'Tool'. She replied by saying. 'they are scary, their music is about the devil'. I tried to explain that it was actually extremly positive music and that it was good for you to listen. She wouldn't have it. She told me I worshpped Satan and left. The nerve of some closed minded people.

Thank God I lived to make it out of High School, If nothing else, I have the normal people I've met in my journeys since to vindicate me for not losing hope.

sircorn
04-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by TragedysEyes
Speaking of people being closed minded about tool.....last night my boyfriend and i got kind of in a fight because he said something about tool trying to hard to be different.....and how 'different' is the fad and inturn makes them the same as anyone else....uuugggh the ignorance....another time a tool song came on the radio and he said it sounded 'just like everything else' ugh whatever....and he whipped out his bass at some point and played the begining of schism showing me how uncomplicated it was.....i guess he thinks complicated riffs make themmm....better? Anyways, probly the first way anyone could seriously piss me off is insult tool....expecially uninformed about it, i said he [my boyfriend] was uninformed and therefore is opinion was....um well uninformed, he said he read a website called cdies or somesthing? anyways im just going off....I guess he should listen to some tool and think for himself :-) (not to be cliche)

*-*anyone want to chat via AIM my sn is ExpectingLess*-*

Theres a very funny tour song that this reminds me of. Its before opiate and I go tit off of deadohiosky.net. MJK gets everyone there to say the non-conformist oath. I repeat it a again, "The non-conformist OATH" THe file is 10_02_01 Opiate in New York if ya'd liike to look it up. It's worth the laugh.