PDA

View Full Version : Eulogy and The Pot

<Insertcrypticnamehere>
02-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Does anyone feel that these two songs have a similar tone? not so much in the actually structure or melodies but in the lyrical substance. Both songs are directly addressing someone with whom the speaker seems to have great disdain for because of reasons such as hypocrisy, judgment, martyrdom etc. Also, it seems that both are addressed towards someone of a high profile nature with power over people. The usual MJK sarcastic, self-defeating language is there, "You must have been so high" using double sarcasm to project onto someone the meaningless insult they would usually "wave their finger at someone else" for. Even the title "The Pot" sounds like something an out-of-touch father in the seventies would say (or George Bush). Furthermore, the "waving and pointing his finger" idea in eulogy and The Pot I believe can be used to identify a similarity in the voice of the speaker that mutually reveals meanings in both songs. These two songs, to me, represent a straight-from-the-heart gut reaction that MJK has to certain types of people and seemingly lays it on the line quite emotionally and rawly for the objects of his frustration, whom I believe o be L. Ron Hubbard, George W. Bush and those of their ilk.

wearethestories
02-15-2007, 09:53 AM
I feel like it's more akin to "Hooker With A Penis" (and I believe this has been posted before)

But I see where the hypocrisy fits in.