Tool
Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, ON
Sunday, April 29, 2007

mcallima
02-13-2007, 08:17 PM
When does this go on sale?

Underalus
02-13-2007, 09:26 PM
They should have played London instead. They played Hamilton on the last tour. Also, does anyone know who the hell is supporting Tool for this tour?

sianspheric
02-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Fuck London.
Hamilton is far enough.
This should have been at the ACC.

Either way I'm just pissed that I'm going to Coachella that weekend, and out of all the times for them to hit up this area, I'm away. Fucking hell.

troutmask
02-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Yeah I should be at Coachella as well while this happens. What are the odds? I guess Maynard won't be coming out during RATM's set for his part in Know Your Enemy. Ungh.

cadmonka
02-14-2007, 06:46 AM
you think you're pissed -- at least you'll be seeing RATM!

I'm pregnant and due with baby#3 on April 30th, so how the hell can i see a show on April 29th?! I know. My own fault, of course... but as if not going to Coachella was bad enough, now i get this second slap in the face.

BTW I agree with Underalus - Copps is not the greatest venue. Saw them there in 200?3? on the last tour, and it was certainly not the best show I've been to. I was really hoping for the JLC.

Kid-Canada
02-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Why the fuck arent they goin to ACC instead!! Oh well..I'll definatley still go, the last show in September was awsome.. when do tix go on sale?!

lol.. hamilton is the last date they added..there is still a chance that they add toronto as the next date

thepatient_10k
02-14-2007, 08:54 AM
Why the fuck arent they goin to ACC instead!! Oh well..I'll definatley still go, the last show in September was awsome.. when do tix go on sale?!

lol.. hamilton is the last date they added..there is still a chance that they add toronto as the next date

yea i hope they add toronto, hamiltons a little out of the way for me and i cant get tool army presales for hamilton. thats not to say im not going :D im hittin up the montreal show too.

Underalus
02-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Who the goddamn is supporting?

jajara1
02-14-2007, 11:00 AM
im going to have to save up quite a bit if i want to make the drive from toronto to both hamilton and montreal..
hamilton is a for sure though.

jdp
02-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Sweet... I cant fuckin wait.

jdp
02-14-2007, 12:19 PM
BTW I agree with Underalus - Copps is not the greatest venue. Saw them there in 200?3? on the last tour,

It was August 2002.

gmenright
02-14-2007, 03:11 PM
yea i hope they add toronto (...) i cant get tool army presales for hamilton.

Wait - I was thinking of joining the Tool Army, but now I don't know. How does that work? If you're w/i a certain geographic proximity to the venue, you can get presales - but if you're not, then you can't?

Can anyone confirm that?

Of course, I'd like to go. W/regard to the on-sale date, there doesn't seem to be one announced yet, but tix typically go on sale @ TicketBastard around 6wks prior, right? Seems it's usually a Saturday @ 10am EST. That's been my experience for every show I've been to... *shrug*

thepatient_10k
02-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Wait - I was thinking of joining the Tool Army, but now I don't know. How does that work? If you're w/i a certain geographic proximity to the venue, you can get presales - but if you're not, then you can't?

Can anyone confirm that?

Of course, I'd like to go. W/regard to the on-sale date, there doesn't seem to be one announced yet, but tix typically go on sale @ TicketBastard around 6wks prior, right? Seems it's usually a Saturday @ 10am EST. That's been my experience for every show I've been to... *shrug*

yea toolarmy sends emails to everyone eligible for the presale according to the proximity to the venue. i think its everyone within an hour of the place.

jdp
02-14-2007, 04:22 PM
well........ tool army has failed its members on the last 2 Toronto shows from what I remember. Can anyone confirm if they got presale tix through tool army for the 2002 show in hamilton or the 2001 show in Toronto? Somehow, i dont see it being worth it unless you're in the US.

gnostic
02-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Fuck London.
Hamilton is far enough.
This should have been at the ACC.

Either way I'm just pissed that I'm going to Coachella that weekend, and out of all the times for them to hit up this area, I'm away. Fucking hell.

IM off to Coachella too, with 4 other tool fanatics. We were thinking about a road trip to a yet-to-be announced Detroit show. Anyone else down?

troutmask
02-14-2007, 10:33 PM
you think you're pissed -- at least you'll be seeing RATM!

I'm pregnant and due with baby#3 on April 30th, so how the hell can i see a show on April 29th?! I know. My own fault, of course... but as if not going to Coachella was bad enough, now i get this second slap in the face.

Yikes, that's some ridiculously unlucky timing. Congrats nonetheless on baby #3!

cadmonka
02-15-2007, 06:54 AM
if you're signing up for toolarmy just to get pre-sales, don't bother. I've been a member since the first day, and I've NEVER gotten pre-sales tix. Meh, they don't owe me anything, so I can't complain.

that being said, i suspect lots of us would agree to pay annually (like they do for NIN 's The Spiral) if it meant getting things like decent pre-sale tix and *gasp* special edition ticket stubs (lame, but i really like what they did on the last NIN tour with those ticket stubs...)

it could be that i am close enough to hamilton to get coveted presale email this time around -- but i'm not holding my breath.

for the pp holding out for Detroit -- take a look at the back end of the 2002 tour. The venues for the last leg of the lateralus tour look a lot like the current schedule. I suspect detroit will be the next date announced.

[edited to add] You Toronto people, though, are definitely out of luck.

toller
02-15-2007, 07:01 AM
I heard from two different people that tool was pissed at the ACC because after their last show there (sep 2001) someone managed to steal an instrument from backstage. Aparently they said they never wanted to play there again. I think there's an interview where they mention this as well. To further back up the story, when I was pissing in the parking lot after the show I saw this really scary drunk guy who was yelling 'i got a tool guitar' and he definitely had an instrument in his hands. I retrospect I should have talked to him but I was too fucked up.
by the way, does anyone know which interview i'm talking about?

Maken
02-15-2007, 11:10 PM
This is gonna be awesome.

I see they are still playing the same old shit, oh well. I'd really love it if they started playing something different... The Grudge or Third-Eye or Flood or Parabol/a or Pushit... anything... hey, a guy can dream. Maybe I'll at least get to hear Swamp Song or Opiate this time.

jayde
02-17-2007, 04:05 PM
I am going to this and montreal...thankfully it'sa saturday/sunday....i HOPE they add a few more dates...like TO and London.
Here's to hoping the sets are a bit different for Montreal/Hamilton....if they play Eulogy....well, i'll be happy.

Insanekat
02-17-2007, 06:18 PM
SO excited for this show, checking every day for when tickets go on sale. Hopefully I can get some. It'd be good if the setlist is changed some slightly from Sept. too.

mystictigress
02-18-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm unsure whether I'll be able to make this show cause of exams and what not. I'd definitely try to make out the trip to Hamilton if it was feasible time wise!! I'm crossing my fingers for a Toronto date though. Tool 3 times in one year?!? Oh yes, that would be quite sexy indeed.

blood_wh0re
02-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Hamilton is fucking far away from our smokey city. BOO. I don't drive and I can complain all I want. BOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Also, I was front row for the last little Toronto shindig, and I thought it was lastluster at best...so. ?. I think I died a little inside.

Bino
02-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Hey y'all!

I'm stoked to rock out in Hamilstone! Tool 3 times in one year? Hells yes! Nice to see all the familiar names again. Are we meeting somewhere before the show for a pint or seven?

jdp
02-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Are we meeting somewhere before the show for a pint or seven?

Hess Village is somewhat close by.

Bino
02-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Is Hess Village a bar...or a fucking village?

troutmask
02-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Hess Village is a street that's nothing but bars that all have patios. Kind of a giant open-air party during the summer. It also happens to be just about the least sketchy place to drink within walking distance of the venue.

Hodge
02-21-2007, 01:51 PM
how's the sound in this beast?

jdp
02-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Hess Village is a street that's nothing but bars that all have patios. Kind of a giant open-air party during the summer. It also happens to be just about the least sketchy place to drink within walking distance of the venue.

Agreed. Every other place downtown is a hole.

April 29th should be half decent weather by that time.

Bino
02-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Get well soon, Danny.

Hodge - craptacular. Granted, I was in the back.

Trout/jdp - I'm in - Hess village. Maybe August or so (fingers crossed).

Fucking fuck.

Get well soon, Danny.

jdp
02-21-2007, 07:47 PM
You think they'll need to reschedule the whole tour or just maybe the month of march?

boristheb
02-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Unless they get a stand-in drummer (unthinkable!) they won't be playing for a few months at least. That kind of injury can take up to a year to heal properly.

Hodge
02-21-2007, 08:13 PM
i could go for another molson amphitheatre show

Bino
02-22-2007, 06:28 AM
I think it is typically 3-6 months to recover, based on pro atheletes who've had the same injury. Much depends on the extent of the tear though.

cadmonka
02-22-2007, 06:47 AM
hodge -- bino is right, the sound is what you'd expect for a giant concrete box. and I was at the front, right of the stage. Let's hope the reschedule date moves to a new venue.

CONGRATS to those who are still going to see RATM April 29 weekend!

I think recovery might even be closer to 9 months, especially given the kind of repetitive use DC's arms will be getting when the tour gets going again.

And not that i would wish that type of middle-aged man injury on anyone, but count me in the happy camp, since there was no way i could go on the 29th anyway.

jevons
02-23-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm unsure whether I'll be able to make this show cause of exams and what not. I'd definitely try to make out the trip to Hamilton if it was feasible time wise!! I'm crossing my fingers for a Toronto date though. Tool 3 times in one year?!? Oh yes, that would be quite sexy indeed.

Priorities, Mystictigress. Hold out your hands palms up, good: fucking tool show ticket stub in one... four years of university waking up with headaches and strange-looking men in the other.
Think about it.

[edit] Wait, what's all this about an injury?

troutmask
02-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Wait, what's all this about an injury?

Check toolband, DC's not gonna be up to performing for a little while...

pushthenvelope
02-26-2007, 07:09 AM
CFNY just announced that April 29th is still a go

Bino
02-26-2007, 11:33 AM

Wow. I'm very surprised.

Hodge
02-26-2007, 11:41 AM
whoa...woot!

Ross
02-26-2007, 12:55 PM

hey guys im from oklahoma but i was just wondering if CFNY is a radio station that announced your show was still a go?

orcaloverbri9
02-26-2007, 01:57 PM
...fuck you.

Bino
02-28-2007, 05:11 AM
hey guys im from oklahoma but i was just wondering if CFNY is a radio station that announced your show was still a go?

Yeah, CFNY is a radio station in Toronto.

pushthenvelope
02-28-2007, 08:37 AM

The official site seems to back it up. Danny's injury isn't that bad. Apparently he tore his bicep lifting his girfriends dog (boxer). There is also a pic of Diablo (Adams dog) eating something. Blair jokes that it is plans for the live DVD!!
I'll take that as a hint that the DVD is still in the works!!! woohoo

Smegmaholic
02-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Any idea when tickets go on sale?

systematic
03-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Man this is sooo sick this will be my third time going to see tool im so f**king stoked!! Hopefully the tickets will go on soon, anyone with info please post soon!

Hodge
03-07-2007, 02:37 PM
looks like this baby won't be until june or july now :(
oh well...

Bino
03-08-2007, 05:25 AM
looks like this baby won't be until june or july now :(
oh well...

Yup. June or July it is.

jdp
03-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Yup. June or July it is.

Who said?

Bino
03-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Who said?

I'm guessing.

mystictigress
03-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Priorities, Mystictigress. Hold out your hands palms up, good: fucking tool show ticket stub in one... four years of university waking up with headaches and strange-looking men in the other.
Think about it.

[edit] Wait, what's all this about an injury?

Heh, the interesting thing is that I would have been able to make it, no school related guilt involved! I've already spent four years of university with headaches and strange looking men, I'm just anxious to get out of here!

Now, on April 29th, I will be seeing Carmina Burna.... not quite TOOL, but it'll do as a replacement :)

I'm really anxious to find out when the rescheduled date is!! Come onnn Danny!

jdp
03-10-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm guessing.

It's kind of odd. The first rescheduled date is a day after the Hamilton show was supposed to be on. I'm sure he'd be ok for that date, but I doubt they are going to want to go from Ontario one day then Nevada the next.

So you are probably right.

Hodge
03-10-2007, 03:16 PM
i don't mind the wait...atleast the weather will be even warmer by the time they show up and maybe they'll have started to mix up the setlist by then

Huff
03-12-2007, 06:48 AM
So we're thinking that between the news on here and the official site that it's probably not happening until Jun or July?? I just checked ticketbastard for Tool in hamilton and there's nothing. Shit.

Bino
03-12-2007, 07:11 AM
The first rescheduled date is a day after the Hamilton show was supposed to be on. I'm sure he'd be ok for that date, but I doubt they are going to want to go from Ontario one day then Nevada the next.

Exactly. I mean, I'm just pulling dates out of my ass here, but it's pretty clear it won't be the 29th, and dates are pretty booked from the 30th on. So, my wild-ass guess is that the show will be rescheduled no sooner than late July. Prove me wrong, stupid sexy TOOL. Prove me wrong.

Hodge
03-12-2007, 07:13 AM
maybe they'll add an ottawa date too since they played there when they played hamilton in 02...although probably not since ottawa crowds blow

Bino
03-13-2007, 05:38 AM
ottawa crowds blow

Ottawa blows.

Spoon
03-13-2007, 01:12 PM
maybe they'll add an ottawa date too since they played there when they played hamilton in 02...although probably not since ottawa crowds blow

a little birdy i know works at the SBP box office....he says you shouldn't be so sure...

Hodge
03-13-2007, 01:34 PM
o_rly?

Insanekat
03-25-2007, 05:48 PM
What is going on with this show? Is it still on the 29th or are they pushing it back or what?

Spoon
03-26-2007, 10:07 AM
It will, of course, be pushed back to accommodate Danny's recovery.

I'm think late Juneish

Insanekat
03-27-2007, 02:01 PM
It will, of course, be pushed back to accommodate Danny's recovery.

I'm think late Juneish

Assuming that's rightish, thank you very much for the info ^^

Bino
04-09-2007, 04:59 AM
What. The. Fuck.

(Shameless bump)

Rhodes
04-16-2007, 02:58 PM
http://www.toolband.com/tour/index.html

no Canadian dates listed yet. if we get any at all they won't likely be until mid July now.

Bino
04-17-2007, 06:37 AM
http://www.toolband.com/tour/index.html

no Canadian dates listed yet. if we get any at all they won't likely be until mid July now.

I have to think they'll hit Toronto (or Hamilstone or whatever) while they're doing the Michigan leg of the tour the first couple days of July. Fingers crossed.

Insanekat
04-18-2007, 02:54 PM
I think I'm going to miss this now that it's getting rescheduled since I'm busy pretty much all of July >< Please please schedule it for when I'm here!

junior
04-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Currently scheduled for July 9.

Bino
04-20-2007, 06:51 AM
Sweeeeeeeeet! Let the countdown begin!

gmenright
04-20-2007, 06:51 AM

was just coming on to post that.

Does anyone have tips for free parking w/i walking distance of this venue? I cant seem to find out if the venue charges for it. I would assume they do...

Kid-Canada
04-20-2007, 09:39 AM
niiice..finally a date! when do tix go on sale?

Underalus
04-20-2007, 05:14 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO'S SUPPORTING?!

Eighteenth Eye
04-23-2007, 08:35 AM

Fuck Yeah! Now we need ticket info!

Hodge
04-23-2007, 08:58 AM
they have no dates b/w the 4th and 8th
i wonder if they'll try and squeeze in another canadian date
although i know grand rapids still has to be rescheduled, so who knows...

Noopie
04-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Hey people! Not surprised to see the familiar names. I work across the street from Copps. If you're coming in, there wont' be any FREE parking, but there's lots of lots that will be doing $5 or so. Also, within walking distance is "Hess Village" which is a street full of patio bars all lined up, and no further than 10 min walk from the venue. It will be THE place to be.

mystictigress
04-24-2007, 05:54 PM
That'll be tricky to make it back for work the next morning!
But I really want to go, so hopefully I can make it happen.
Success!

Bino
04-25-2007, 06:38 AM
OK, one of you is going to have to take the lead on figuring out a bar (not a street - gimme a specific bar name) where we can meet before the show - kinda like the HBC gig. Any takers?

jdp
04-25-2007, 08:05 AM
gown and gavel in Hess has a big enough patio.

Noopie
04-25-2007, 08:47 AM
I might suggest the Gown & Gavel (G&G) which is on Hess St. Nice big patio, usually has some open seats, and *alright* food. They're also pretty good at knowing there's a show going on and getting people their stuff quick. I imagine I'll have my own little party goin on in that vacinity so I can't commit to organizing a shindig, however I'll answer any questions you guys have about the area.

Bino
04-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Gown and Gavel it is!

75 days to go...let the countdown begin!

jdp
04-26-2007, 06:50 AM
I might suggest the Gown & Gavel (G&G) which is on Hess St. Nice big patio, usually has some open seats, and *alright* food. They're also pretty good at knowing there's a show going on and getting people their stuff quick. I imagine I'll have my own little party goin on in that vacinity so I can't commit to organizing a shindig, however I'll answer any questions you guys have about the area.

Great minds think alike

Noopie
04-26-2007, 02:12 PM
haha...yeah, I started writing that before there were any replies, but left my computer for about a half hour and finished when I got back...only to see yours above mine when it went through. Really that entire Hess village is awesome...every city should have an area like that

fetisha
04-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey kids. I live in Hamilton and Hess Village would definitely be a good place for you guys to meet up at. Since the show is on a Monday, it won't be insanely crowded like the weekend. If it was on a Friday or Saturday night, I'd say forget it because finding each other would be very hard.

I hope we find out ticket information soon! Weeee!

forty two
04-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Looking at the tour schedule gives me high hopes for the show. The band has 4 days off after Summerfest, so I don't think we'll have to worry about Maynard's vocal chords being worn out like on the last couple of tours.

Tickets better go on sale soon...

baobao
04-29-2007, 10:47 PM
there are many the latest styles and colors for you choose in the website: http://www.shoesmonger.com feel free to contact us,looking forward to cooperate with you

Bino
04-30-2007, 07:05 AM
SPOILERS – IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE PLAYING ON THIS TOUR, PLEASE SKIP THIS POST!

First off, suck it baobao, you spamming ass-clown. Die.

OK, not to be too much of an ass, but here is the set-list from the HBC from last year:

Lost keys/Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right in Two
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

Here is the set-list from the Molson Amp later last year:

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Wings/10k Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

Finally (SPOILERS – IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE PLAYING, PLEASE SKIP THIS POST!) we’ve got the new set-list:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Lost keys/Rosetta stoned
Swamp song (or Sober - they have alternated)
Wings/10k days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

Now, I love Tool. I can’t wait to see them. I know it’ll kick ass…they always do. But still…isn't this more than just a little bit repetitive?

Hodge
04-30-2007, 07:09 AM
very disappointing

gmenright
04-30-2007, 08:13 AM
... wont' be any FREE parking, but there's lots of lots that will be doing $5 or so. Also, within walking distance is "Hess Village" which is a street full of patio bars all lined up, and no further than 10 min walk from the venue. It will be THE place to be.

Thanks very much, Noopie! I see that the others agree on Hess Village, so sounds like I'll be wearing one of my Tool shirts w/no fear!

I see that the familiar setlist is anticipated... I personally don't really mind, so long as I get Lateralus and Wings/10kDays somewhere. I always keep in mind that most of the people in the audience haven't seen them multiple times already. Most of the 'noobs' would be a little confused if 46&2/Sober/Stinkfist/Aenima/Lateralus/Vicarious/Wings-10kDays weren't included...

... personally though, I'd love to see 'Crawl Away' and 'Third Eye' done for us :)

jdp
04-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Pretty much the exact same setlist everytime. Really, they should be changing it up for the hardcore fans that put in the money to see every local show.

Maken
04-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Beyond pathetic at this point.

Fucking bastards.

SadSummerSea
04-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Hamilton is fucking far away from our smokey city. BOO. I don't drive and I can complain all I want. BOOOOOOOOOOOO.

get on the go!

also;

copps show in 2002 was AMAZING.

"i'd like to take this time to apologize for our country. sorry. can I come live here?"

]v[edusa
05-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow I think I found out about this concert at the right time. I seem to always be wandering around in my own world or living under a rock when it comes to concerts coming around hamiton and toronto.

So, as I can see here, tickets havent been sold yet?

I've never been to a Tool concert. I only seen NIN. I'm sorry but it gets me going everytime I try to get tickets but cant and then see all these other fans who have seen over 3 shows by the band already with tickets to go.

they have no dates b/w the 4th and 8th
i wonder if they'll try and squeeze in another canadian date
although i know grand rapids still has to be rescheduled, so who knows...

That would be sweet if they made a date for 7/7/7 in our area.

Eighteenth Eye
05-02-2007, 04:09 AM
That would be sweet if they made a date for 7/7/7 in our area.

Maybe we could get a Tool show in St.Catharines, lol

Huff
05-02-2007, 07:22 AM
what's the best source to find out when tix will go on sale?? I've been checking ticketbastard, but haven't found anything yet.....they're only showing shows up to 07/05/07 as of now...

pushthenvelope
05-02-2007, 09:11 AM
You can set-up Ticketmaster to e-mail you when they go on sale or you can keep checking here. I'm sure it won't take long for the word to get around. Hope they throw something special in the set-list for us.

Underalus
05-02-2007, 04:54 PM
They won't because Maynard can't sing it.

mystictigress
05-03-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm a little disappointed with that set list. I'd LOVE to see Tool again, but it's gonna be a bitch to get to Hamilton on a Monday and if it's the same thing I saw twice last year... I'm not so sure if the juice will be worth the squeeze.

Eighteenth Eye
05-04-2007, 05:31 AM
I'm a little disappointed with that set list. I'd LOVE to see Tool again, but it's gonna be a bitch to get to Hamilton on a Monday and if it's the same thing I saw twice last year... I'm not so sure if the juice will be worth the squeeze.

It will definately be worth it. Hamilton is only a half an hour from Toronto. This may be the last Tool show for many years, you should take full advantage while they are on tour....you NEVER know when the next show will be.

Huff
05-04-2007, 06:00 AM
I agree completely. Not only do we never know when the next SHOW will be.....but whether there will EVER be another show. I know that's not what people on here like to hear...and believe me it's not what I want....but like it's been said.....no one can predict what these guys will do..

Maken
05-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Yeah, Maynard already won't sing 75% of their catalog.

pushthenvelope
05-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Looks like they played PUSHIT in San Diego so you never know what we will get.Considering they have been in the area twice in the last year I'm confident we wil get something good.

Kid-Canada
05-04-2007, 09:10 AM
on ticketmaster they have tickets for dates around the hamilton date ..so my guess is tix will be on sale fairly soon

]v[edusa
05-04-2007, 02:51 PM

Everyones saying they are basically redoing the last tour?

Have you ever thought that they are redoing it to give those who haven't seen them live a chance to finally see them? It's almost like they purposely did it so that those tool fans that have seen them in the past two year will most likely not go that concert.

I always found it to be such a bitch to get tool tickets because of how fast they sold out.

If I'm not able to get tickets this time around then I don't know if I will be able to hold my patience when someone comes up to me like, "Alright, I'm going to see Tool for the third time in the past 2 years!"

I understand that I'm at fault for not being at ticketmaster at the second tickets are released the past few times, but god dammit people, if you aren't happy with the list then give others who haven't seen them a chance.

Looks like they played PUSHIT in San Diego

aaahhh hahahaha. As much as I like the song and its message, I wouldn't like it if they were singing it live while I'm out in the audience. No comment on why thats funny to me,

Hodge
05-04-2007, 03:44 PM
it's up at ticketmaster now
may 12th at 10 AM

pushit (aenima) would be a nice treat, same with swamp song

]v[edusa
05-05-2007, 06:40 AM
Actually, you know what? I'm really happy to see a 5 day break before Hamilton. It gives the band some time to cool off before seeing us.

jdp
05-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Tickets are $65.50 plus service charge and taxes.

I don't remember ever paying that much for Tool.

I'll still go, but that hurts.

Maken
05-06-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm pretty sure the Molson Amphitheatre was around $75+fees and the Hummingbird was also around $65+fees.

jdp
05-06-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm pretty sure the Molson Amphitheatre was around $75+fees and the Hummingbird was also around $65+fees.

Maybe you are right, it just seems like a lot.

I remember paying $60 for Ozzfest in 2001 and getting to see a full day of bands.

Huff
05-07-2007, 06:22 AM
yeah but ticket prices in general have skyrocketed since then....

Also...I'm holding out this small fantasy/hope that they will fill one of those 5 days in between w/ a London show....since we actually have a venue that could support it now....

imbackagain2
05-07-2007, 10:25 AM
hey there, good to see this up and going and to see some new faces to the ontario tool shows. BINO i recognize you from the hummingbird show. I moved on tool army so ive been away from here. If I get presales though it's all worth it. Set list is pretty much the same which is dissapointing although I hear they have been playing some great classics thrown in here and there. I won't spoil it. It's gonna be my third time seeing tool in the last year and IM as pumped as ever. Both those other shows did cost alot more. Hamiltons dumpier. haha. Copps is a lot shitter of a venue then hummingbird and the amp. See ya around.

imbackagain2
05-07-2007, 10:39 AM
lllvllledusa tool would rather have fans there who appreciate the music then people who should just get to go because they haven't before. If you want a better shot at it sign up for tool army. If you live within 100 miles of the venue you can buy presale tickets through them. If you havn't done that then you don't deserve to see them more then someone who has and who has seen them before do you?

]v[edusa
05-07-2007, 09:47 PM
lllvllledusa tool would rather have fans there who appreciate the music then people who should just get to go because they haven't before. If you want a better shot at it sign up for tool army. If you live within 100 miles of the venue you can buy presale tickets through them. If you havn't done that then you don't deserve to see them more then someone who has and who has seen them before do you?

And are you saying I don't appreciate their music? Just because I was unable to see tool before doesnt mean I appreciate their music less. Becuase you added the word "should" in your post, you are saying that from my mouth I said that they made the set list like that purposely to get those who haven't seen them to go. Well no, If you read correctly I said that they probably did it so that it could give fans a chance who haven't seen them a foot in the door. People out there who have seen them probably aren't going to go and spend $65 if they already seen them with that setlist. Maybe those types of people that say "forget about it" due to the set list are probably not you or any fans on this forum, but there are going to be people who will let it pass this time around because it.

What else are you saying here? Because I don't have some toolarmy account then I dont deserve to see them? Just because someone doesn't have contacts to getting presale tickets doesnt mean that that person doesn't deserve to see them.

Dont you point your finger at me or judge me. I know you just as much as you know me.

imbackagain2
05-08-2007, 03:24 AM
[QUOTE=lllvllledusa;1918758]And are you saying I don't appreciate their music? Just because I was unable to see tool before doesnt mean I appreciate their music less. Becuase you added the word "should" in your post, you are saying that from my mouth I said that they made the set list like that purposely to get those who haven't seen them to go. Well no, If you read correctly I said that they probably did it so that it could give fans a chance who haven't seen them a foot in the door. People out there who have seen them probably aren't going to go and spend $65 if they already seen them with that setlist. Maybe those types of people that say "forget about it" due to the set list are probably not you or any fans on this forum, but there are going to be people who will let it pass this time around because it.

What else are you saying here? Because I don't have some toolarmy account then I dont deserve to see them? Just because someone doesn't have contacts to getting presale tickets doesnt mean that that person doesn't deserve to see them.
QUOTE]

NO im not saying you don't appreciate their music. Im just saying there is alot of people who fucking would die to see tool and that is what the band wants there. Hence the presales through tool army. IF people are like me they would pay 200$ a seat to see the same set list. If you love the band you love the band man. The tool army thing is about you bitching that you havn't got to go but you haven't made every effort to ensure you are able to go. You sit here and tell people who have seen them before that they shouldn't go so you can. Im going to buy as many tickets as I can for my friends and I. Spend the 50$ for the band that you love, support them and in return you get tickets from them. What a concept eh? If I were to have an extra Id fucking burn it for the leg room before selling it to you. I went to both shows last time and I guarantee you I will get tickets to this show. Heres the contact for preslae. www.toolarmy.com stop bitching and sign up.

]v[edusa
05-08-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm not even bitching. I love how me being honest turns into me being a bitch. Sorry, but it seemed that you were saying that people who haven't seen them appreciate their music less. Thats what I got from your post.

Thats cool though. I know what tool army is. If I were to join this are preticket sales $200?

I would probably spend that much too but I have to save money for travelling all over canada this summer. kickass!

Underalus
05-08-2007, 07:21 AM
They need to come to London. The JLC isn't a dive like Copps.

Kid-Canada
05-08-2007, 09:26 AM
what's the capacity of the GA floor in copps? how many ppl?

jdp
05-08-2007, 12:07 PM
The floor is really quite large. Not ACC large, but pretty big.

Hodge
05-08-2007, 12:10 PM
i'm stil torn b/w this show or montreal since im stuck halfway
i also heard the sound isn't TOO great in this place

jdp
05-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I'd have to disagree -- I thought their 2002 show here kicked butt.

Hodge
05-08-2007, 12:18 PM
interesting
i guess i have to make my decision by saturday since tix go on sale
i wish they were playing the ACC instead

imbackagain2
05-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I saw pearl jam here two years ago and the sound was great. Floor capacity at the molson amp is 1000 so I would say maybe 1500 for copps or a bit more. Presale tickets through tool army will be the same price as they are through ticketmaster plus shipping and handling. You might even get away with the building costs unless the band gets their tickets from ticketmaster. I think sound quality is just the same if not better then the acc here.

fetisha
05-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I saw pearl jam here two years ago and the sound was great. Floor capacity at the molson amp is 1000 so I would say maybe 1500 for copps or a bit more. Presale tickets through tool army will be the same price as they are through ticketmaster plus shipping and handling. You might even get away with the building costs unless the band gets their tickets from ticketmaster. I think sound quality is just the same if not better then the acc here.

Does anyone happen to know when the presale tickets will be available to tool army members? I'm a member but I've never had the opportunity to purchase presale tickets so I'm not too sure how it works.

imbackagain2
05-09-2007, 10:12 AM
well im starting to think it's not gonna happen. TIckets go on sale saturday and it's wednesday and blair hasn't posted anything on TA.

Bino
05-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Does anyone happen to know when the presale tickets will be available to tool army members? I'm a member but I've never had the opportunity to purchase presale tickets so I'm not too sure how it works.

Re: TA Pre-sale - I'm beginning to think there will be no pre-sale for this show through Tool Army. Fuck. Half the message board is people asking if there will be a fucking pre-sale. Fuck. There is a post mentioning our show going on sale but it is the public sale.

Re: Copps - the floors might sound great at Copps but I was there in 2002 in the back (front row, upper deck, dead center) and the sound left much to be desired.

imbackagain2
05-10-2007, 06:15 AM
yeah still no news on the presale...but happy birthday danny carrey....has anyone heard of a presale through the edge or something?

Hodge
05-10-2007, 06:36 AM
there's no presale password box on ticketmaster so i'm assuming there isn't one

imbackagain2
05-10-2007, 06:56 AM
it wouldn't be on ticketmaster. It would be through the tool army website in the shopping bazarr.

fetisha
05-10-2007, 07:47 AM
it wouldn't be on ticketmaster. It would be through the tool army website in the shopping bazarr.

Damn, that's disappointing there won't be a presale. I have such bad luck with getting decent tickets through ticketmaster when they go on sale.

I HATE their verification words (which are not words). I have excellent eye site and most of the time I can barely read the freaking thing.

Huff
05-10-2007, 07:52 AM
OK question....there's no mention on ticketbastard of a ticket limit for this....anyone know what the limit is??

Hodge
05-10-2007, 07:54 AM
here's advice i offered someone else, i've never been shutout of tickets before

1. make a ticketmaster account with all your info on it and make sure you're logged in saturday morning before 10
2. make sure your clock is synched to the real world time on www.time.gov
3. open your browser to the page and when your computer hits 9:59:59 start to refresh the ticketmaster page until the box comes up
4. voila

i have noticed the security feature has gotten harder over the years cos sometimes i screw up those lame words now

but this is a huge venue and it's in hamilton so you should have no problem getting decent tickets

and if you really care that much about decent tickets, buy in pairs of 2 or something as opposed to buying 4 at a time if you're going with a group since it would be harder to pull up 4 good tickets in a row

cheers

imbackagain2
05-10-2007, 09:12 AM
security words definately suck ass. Id say max tick limit would be 8 but thats wishful thinking. at the ampetheatre last year i got 5

Bino
05-10-2007, 11:14 AM
TA people - Shameless begging:

Give me a Karma shot! I've got -9 and I'm not able to post on TA and I can't seem to shake the shitty Karma. I was able to post once, and blasted a guy for whining, and apparently I got my ass kicked from a Karma perspective.

I'm on there as Joe_Mama and if you hit me I'll buy you a beer at the show.

Thanks!

Fitz
05-10-2007, 11:18 AM
http://www.stubhub.com/tool-tickets/?event_id=385829 Is this for real?

jdp
05-10-2007, 12:17 PM

165 each?? Crooks!

They may have hookups for tickets in advance, similar to what radio stations have.

I have a feeling we wont have any issues getting floor tickets as Copps can hold a lot of people.

fetisha
05-10-2007, 12:24 PM

i can pretty much guarantee it's real. i used to work for a company that dealt with tickets all of the time. these online brokers like stub hub, tickco, razorgator and so on always manage to get first dibs on tickets. or, pre-first dibs since it's before the tickets even go on sale.

i remember when the superbowl was going on. it was chaos at work. all of our rich clients purchasing tickets for thousands of dollars each. it was ridiculous. but hey, the rich don't care.

if anyone here is thinking of buying broker tickets, i'd only go with tickco or razorgator. i know for a fact that those 2 companies are trust worthy since we solely used them at my last job.

Hodge
05-10-2007, 12:26 PM
brokers are lame.
ps: fetisha, i bet you listen to orgy

fetisha
05-10-2007, 12:32 PM
brokers are lame.
ps: fetisha, i bet you listen to orgy

oh yeah, brokers can kiss my fat ass. they rape you with their prices.

i do like orgy and that is where my screen name came from. however, i only like their first album. everything after that is pretty much craptacular.

Hodge
05-10-2007, 12:41 PM
true that, candyass was awesome

greenjelly
05-10-2007, 03:49 PM
whats the seating map like in this place?

Hodge
05-10-2007, 03:52 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/seatingchart/131078/10010

greenjelly
05-10-2007, 04:13 PM
its not gonna be general admission for the whole floor is it?

Hodge
05-10-2007, 04:25 PM
it will be

greenjelly
05-10-2007, 04:36 PM
is that for sure or are you just assuming?

Hodge
05-10-2007, 04:39 PM
you will not see seats on the floor
unless it is a pearl jam concert

greenjelly
05-10-2007, 04:53 PM
it seems like a lot of their shows this tour have had seats on the floor but ur probably right.

Bino
05-11-2007, 04:10 AM
Fuck. No presale. Weak. I'm getting a shirt made up that says "I joined ToolArmy and all i got was a stupid fucking keychain".

Oh well, at least we shouldn't have too much trouble getting tix through Ticketbastard since it is Hamilstone and all...

Hodge
05-11-2007, 04:51 PM
bump
tickets tomorrow morning
good luck

fetisha
05-11-2007, 08:21 PM
bump
tickets tomorrow morning
good luck

You too. I seem to be having a lovely week of bad luck so hopefully tomorrow it will be different.

imbackagain2
05-12-2007, 03:57 AM
I joined tool army and havn't even got my bloody key chain. They say it's going to be floors but i guess some shows this tour have had seats on the floors. Either way tools not really a show for a pit. 10 oclock good luck. Is anyone going to post where their seats are? Im redburn on tool army.

Hodge
05-12-2007, 04:42 AM
the calm before the storm...

Kevin
05-12-2007, 05:32 AM
Good luck folks.

jdp
05-12-2007, 06:04 AM
alright, got floors. They went quick. Tried to get more and best was row 13

imbackagain2
05-12-2007, 06:04 AM
yay i got floors 6 of em

Maken
05-12-2007, 06:05 AM
WTF was that?

jdp
05-12-2007, 06:06 AM
yay i got floors 6 of em

Nice. I got 5.. all for my friends.

Maken
05-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Go damnit. Anyone got 2 extra floors? lol

Hodge
05-12-2007, 06:07 AM
see you on the floor

anyone have problems? i had 2 buddies also trying and they kept getting a "waiting in line" message forever

Noopie
05-12-2007, 06:09 AM
Wow....I pulled up two floors, but my credit card had expired and it didn't take. Took too long entering the new info and lost 'em. My friend managed to grab two though....took like 8 minutes of processing though

I'm surprised it was so difficult for Copps, but I guess they are at the height of their "pop stardom" right now.

imbackagain2
05-12-2007, 06:09 AM
i got 6 floors first try. My verification word was "loyal" haha. second try i got lower bowl.

gmenright
05-12-2007, 06:11 AM
WOOHOOO!!!!!
Got me some FLOOR TICKETS.... see y'all there!!!

I've never been close enough @ a Tool show to actually see the guys clearly! Here's my chance!!
I am SOOO FRICKIN STOKED!

Derock
05-12-2007, 06:12 AM
I'd rather have lower bowl than GA, but that's just me.

Hodge
05-12-2007, 06:14 AM
and wow...there was no ticket limit so i bet it was scalpers galore

sianspheric
05-12-2007, 06:18 AM
I HATE TICKETMASTER

REPEAT I HATE TICKETMASTER

got tickets at 10:00, went to confirm screen, chose credit card, browser.....did nothing for 7 minutes, fine. opened up another tab on firefox to try and see if I could secure tickets in case the other thing fucked up, after a few minutes I get some ticketmaster notification that my order is cancelled for.....having multiple browsers open for tickets !?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

DIE

Eighteenth Eye
05-12-2007, 06:20 AM
Got 4 Floors!

Kevin
05-12-2007, 06:21 AM
I had the same multiple browser problem. Had a Firefox and an IE window opened, the IE crashed because, well, its IE. So I tried a second Firefox and I ended up losing my spot in line (which was a 15 minute wait apparently).

Luckily Hodge pulled though for me :p

]v[edusa
05-12-2007, 06:23 AM
Wow I got some killer seats. Right smack in the middle on the lower bowl. The lower bowl and the floor went so fast. Holy Shit. I just got 6 tickets so I hope my friends are going to buy tickets from me or I'm screwed.

jdp
05-12-2007, 06:23 AM
Wow I got some killer seats. Right smack in the middle on the lower bowl. The lower bowl and the floor went so fast. Holy Shit. I just got 6 tickets so I hope my friends are going to buy tickets from me or I'm screwed.

I'm sure you could find offers if your friends dont pull through

Eighteenth Eye
05-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Show is now SOLD OUT!

Maken
05-12-2007, 06:26 AM
First time ever I didn't get floors, FUCK!

Hodge
05-12-2007, 06:28 AM
check ebay, it's sickening

Insanekat
05-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Got 5 floors woot! Grats to everyone who got tickets, hope all those who didn't still can

ben_1112
05-12-2007, 06:36 AM
3 Floors! Awesome!

imbackagain2
05-12-2007, 06:43 AM
so where are we going to pre party? heres a seating chart too

looks like ebay got all the GA's but i got mine so i dont care

i may have to lower level bowls for sale

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/seatingchart/131078/10010

fetisha
05-12-2007, 07:57 AM
I was so close to freaking out.

Right at 10AM I pulled up 2 GA tickets and decided to take them (I was actually looking for lower bowl but GA is cool too). I was already logged into my account and everything was great. I pressed "submit order" and I literally sat there for a good 7 minutes while the freaking screen said it was processing my request. Finally it said it couldn't process my request. I WAS FUMING!!!!!!

I figured I was screwed once again (I have the worst luck with ticketbastard) but I guess my luck changed. I kept searching over and over again. First I only found the upper bowl section, which I didn't want. Then finally I pulled up 2 lower bowl tickets in section 122 (not too shabby but I wish it was closer). So I nabbed those.

I kept checking though, I was hoping to get better lower bowl tickets and then I was freaking shocked! It was around 10:12AM and I figured only shitty seats were left when I pulled up 2 FLOORS!!!!!!

So I grabbed those as well. I'm not too sure what I'm going to do. I'd LOVE to get awesome lower bowl seats and sell my other tickets but I'm not looking to spend 6 times the face value price.

Does anyone know how many rows are in a section?

Cipher
05-12-2007, 08:10 AM
If anyone ended up with GA floors but would prefer lower bowl seats, I've got 2 tickets for section 117, row 10, and would like to trade for GA.

greenjelly
05-12-2007, 08:17 AM
holy shit the floors went so fast, i typed in that verification thing like 30 seconds after 10 and the best i could get was section 110

greenjelly
05-12-2007, 08:18 AM
and ya if anyone wants to trade 2 2nd row lower bowl tickets section 110 for some floors let me know

jevons
05-12-2007, 08:26 AM
July 9th, niggggas. 24th row, niggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz!

fetisha
05-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Wow Jevons, I REALLY hope you're black.

greenjelly
05-12-2007, 08:42 AM
fetisha are u still looking to trade a couple of good lower bowl seats for the 2 GA's

]v[edusa
05-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Are there any after parties set? a bar set?

fetisha
05-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Are there any after parties set? a bar set?

I believe the choice was Hess Village in Hamilton (it's a street in Hamilton that is lined with bars).

I know a bar was chosen but I forget the name. I'm sure someone on here can tell you.

sianspheric
05-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Holy Shit. I just got 6 tickets so I hope my friends are going to buy tickets from me or I'm screwed.

or you could just sell me two of your seats.

:D

Bino
05-12-2007, 09:25 AM
If anyone has 2 or 4 tix to part with I'm in. My sister was in charge (my puppy had it's first day of school - fuck) and got us 4 seats: section 229, row 8, seats 5-8. Jesus.

I'm going to part with these and upgrade. Lower bowl is fine, but I had upper bowl last time they were at Copps. Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled she got tix, but...you know.

thepatient_10k
05-12-2007, 12:54 PM
floors...fuckin right!

sianspheric
05-12-2007, 02:07 PM
good seats still available. don't buy scalpers tickets

no, its sold out.

jdp
05-12-2007, 02:09 PM
no, its sold out.

When he posted that, I checked and there were some upper bowl seats available.

cantkeepmeaway
05-12-2007, 02:53 PM
hey you guys notice maynards hat was slightly crooked

imbackagain2
05-13-2007, 05:26 AM
If anyone is still looking for floors I saw that ticketmaster still has some auctions going on but i think they only go till 12 today. Could end up paying alot more though. Ebay is swamped and it makes me sick. Alot of them don't seem like scalpers though. It seems like it's people like us that are riping each other off. I got my tickets but it makes me sick. I think i saw the bar was called the gavil or something?

Hodge
05-13-2007, 05:41 AM
bro concert is in july, not june

imbackagain2
05-13-2007, 07:14 AM
hahahaha fuck woops

fetisha
05-13-2007, 07:31 AM
I'm looking to trade my floor tickets. I was waiting to hear from a friend of mine to see if he got tickets and he didn't but he wants my seat tickets instead of floor. So I only have floor tickets left for me and I don't want floor.

I'd like to trade my floors for 2 tickets in either section 122 or 108 (only up to row 10).

Let me know if there's interest.

NEVERMIND. PLEASE IGNORE. FRIEND IS TAKING FLOOR TICKETS.

SadSummerSea
05-13-2007, 06:56 PM
i'd like to surprize a friend who didnt get in, so if anybody has an extra ticket please let me know.

Underalus
05-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Boom! Three GA seats on the flo'! See you there.

Eighteenth Eye
05-14-2007, 08:24 AM
This will be my second time on the floor at Copps 4 Tool and my 6th Tool show in total. This is awesome. Hope to hear something different......Opiate, Swamp Song, Prison Sex, Pushit-slow version(best live song EVER, and I'm sure that anyone who was at the ACC in '02 would agree).

ANYTHING random and older would be great!

EDIT(SEE POST BELOW, LOL) : "ACC was 9/18/01, I can't believe that was almost 6 years ago!"

Hodge
05-14-2007, 08:51 AM
ACC was 9/18/01 but yes, pushit was an amazing experience

Kapper
05-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Well after a failed 4 tickets on the floor... I ended up getting 4 tickets in the 110 section, 4 tickets in the 229 section and 2 tickets in the 208 section.... I just wish my friends were a little less lazy and would try gettin some for themselves....lol. Anyhoo. I was at the Hummingbird, as well as the Amphitheatre show last year... So I am good with the seats...

imbackagain2
05-14-2007, 11:22 AM
(WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILER IN WRITINGS HERE) DO NOT read this post if you DO NOT wanna know anything about the shows so far. 4th time seeing tool both shows last year and the acc show too. I would also love to hear some older stuff. Eulogy, h. or the patient im dying to hear live. They havn't really changed the set list even from last years show but it will still be great. However they have been tossing in push it every now and then so I hope that comes on the hamilton date for sure. What time is everyone going to copps at?

Hodge
05-14-2007, 11:25 AM
they also have 35 more shows before ours so there's still hope they add new songs but oh well, it'll still be a great show

BoNeSaW
05-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Ticketmaster screwed me over as well... had 2 floors, timed out and they released them. So... if anyone trying to sell 2 floors, lemme know.. will pay above face value.

greenjelly
05-14-2007, 03:59 PM
if anyone has GA tickets but would rather sit in some good lower bowl seats, i have 2 seats in section 110 row 2 that i would trade for a couple floors.

Underalus
05-14-2007, 05:19 PM
If they play H. I will weep. I've come to terms with the fact that they won't.

imbackagain2
05-15-2007, 04:53 AM
(MORE SET LIST TALK)29 or 35 doesn't matter. Last leg of the tour the set list stayed the same with basically the pot or right in two switched out. They havn't been playing the pot to often this time around which is kinda sad. I think i would cry if I heard h. or the patient or eulogy.

Bino
05-15-2007, 05:45 AM
I've got 4 tix (section 229, row 8, seats 5-8) to see for face value if anyone knows someobdy looking. Email me at [email protected] if interested.

Underalus
05-15-2007, 05:53 AM
The only thing they're swapping in place of Right in Two is Pushit and they haven't even been doing that as of late. Hopefully they start to swap in some Aenema or Undertow material. It's honestly been enough 46&2 and Stinkfist, I'm starting to hate those songs. H is easier to sing than both of them, so why not, that way MJK can pull it off.

imbackagain2
05-15-2007, 08:31 AM
mjk can pull off anything i love it. THey played pushit last night i believe. or recently

jdp
05-15-2007, 11:33 AM
mjk can pull off anything i love it. THey played pushit last night i believe. or recently

They havent played pushit since May 6th. It seems like 1 out of every 10 shows, they might play pushit. Other than that, its the same show the past couple years.

Such bull shit. If we're sick of the songs, arent they?

]v[edusa
05-15-2007, 08:09 PM
I have the weirdest b/f ever. I said I was getting tickets for Tool and now he doesnt want to go after I get the tickets. He decided that he only wants to go to concerts that involve pushing and shoving everyone while headbanging till your head hurts. I'm all like, "But its fucking Tool, WTF!? Youre going to regret this!" I can't stand the testosterone level in this guy. Hes getting a free ticket too!!

ps. Does anyone know where there is a sushi bar by the concert? I love sushi!

sianspheric
05-15-2007, 09:49 PM
You know what....I will always be a huge Tool fan, and they are fantastic live, but if they are playing 95% the same setlist from the Ampitheatre show, than I'm not going to bother trying to get tickets for Copps in the end.

Copps is a shithole and if the band has settled into not giving a fuck to make the shows remotely unique, than its not worth it to me.

I just paid $50 tonight for a 12row seat for Arcade Fire in the best venue in Toronto. The band played their hearts out for 100 minutes, played with total intensity and passion and skill and played an vastly different setlist from the previous night.

$80 for floors in a shitty arena, with shit sound, playing the same stuff they foisted to audiences all of last year, ignoring much of their back catalog, favouring radio hits over fan favourites, and generally acting like they couldnt give a shit on stage, thats Tool in 2007. And thats my indifference this time around.

jayde
05-16-2007, 03:31 AM
I have the weirdest b/f ever. I said I was getting tickets for Tool and now he doesnt want to go after I get the tickets. He decided that he only wants to go to concerts that involve pushing and shoving everyone while headbanging till your head hurts. I'm all like, "But its fucking Tool, WTF!? Youre going to regret this!" I can't stand the testosterone level in this guy. Hes getting a free ticket too!!

ps. Does anyone know where there is a sushi bar by the concert? I love sushi!

maybe you should dump him if he doesn't appreciate you getting him a ticket.

Eighteenth Eye
05-16-2007, 04:54 AM
I just paid $50 tonight for a 12row seat for Arcade Fire in the best venue in Toronto. The band played their hearts out for 100 minutes, played with total intensity and passion and skill and played an vastly different setlist from the previous night.

$80 for floors in a shitty arena, with shit sound, playing the same stuff they foisted to audiences all of last year, ignoring much of their back catalog, favouring radio hits over fan favourites, and generally acting like they couldnt give a shit on stage, thats Tool in 2007. And thats my indifference this time around.

You said the same shit during leading up to the Hummingbird show. You didn't get tickets for that either and you were whining then too. It seems like you are just a member of this board to bring others down with you.

I cannot believe that I just read someone comparing "Arcade Fire" to Tool. That is just plain stupid. Please become a member of the Arcade Fire msg board and attempt to bring their members down with you because nobody here wants to hear your negative bullshit.

I am happy to only have paid $80 for this show, which is not bad to see the best band on this earth and far less than most of the shitty acts that charge $150 a ticket + fan club membership to get a ticket to their shows.

Tool, even in a "shitty arena, with shit sound, playing the same stuff they foisted to audiences all of last year, ignoring much of their back catalog, favouring radio hits over fan favourites, and generally acting like they couldnt give a shit on stage" would kick the asses of Arcade Fire or any other band you can name.

FYI: I hear Nickelback is playing this summer at the Ampitheatre, I'm sure they play with the kind of intensity that you desire and I bet their setlist would change enough from show to show for you....

]v[edusa
05-16-2007, 05:48 AM
maybe you should dump him if he doesn't appreciate you getting him a ticket.

I learned from dating the asshole for 3 years that if I'm patient then he will do the things I'm interested in or apprieciate my interests and what I do for him without nagging him. Hes fucking weird but by the end of it he always comes around and then I laugh at him for holding grudges and being an ingnorant asshole.

Either that or I get him to feel bad for not being there or being too much of a critic by reflecting his assholeness back to him. It always works. Other then all his ignorant times hes the most honest b/f I have ever had so I'm keeping him. As long as were honest about our ignorant times/acts to each other then they will go away.

ps. Sushi anyone???

Underalus
05-16-2007, 05:51 AM
Stop defending Tool. We like one of the lamest bands in the world (admit it) and we've had the tenacity to stick with them for a long time. They clearly don't give a shit anymore. Cutting setlists short, reusing year old lists, little to no crowd interaction. At the very least it's just Maynard who doesn't give a shit anymore, but hasn't it always seemed like his egomania dictates what the band does and where the band goes? Remember that time he butchered APC because Bush got re-elected? Remember that time when Tool made a mediocre fourth album focusing on his mother? Anyone criticizing Tool about their setlist bullshit is correct. You can either be naive about it or realize he's right and enjoy them as much as you can regardless.

Kapper
05-16-2007, 06:05 AM
You said the same shit during leading up to the Hummingbird show. You didn't get tickets for that either and you were whining then too. It seems like you are just a member of this board to bring others down with you.

I cannot believe that I just read someone comparing "Arcade Fire" to Tool. That is just plain stupid. Please become a member of the Arcade Fire msg board and attempt to bring their members down with you because nobody here wants to hear your negative bullshit.

I am happy to only have paid $80 for this show, which is not bad to see the best band on this earth and far less than most of the shitty acts that charge $150 a ticket + fan club membership to get a ticket to their shows.

Tool, even in a "shitty arena, with shit sound, playing the same stuff they foisted to audiences all of last year, ignoring much of their back catalog, favouring radio hits over fan favourites, and generally acting like they couldnt give a shit on stage" would kick the asses of Arcade Fire or any other band you can name.

FYI: I hear Nickelback is playing this summer at the Ampitheatre, I'm sure they play with the kind of intensity that you desire and I bet their setlist would change enough from show to show for you....

WELL SAID... Im glad someone did

Eighteenth Eye
05-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Stop defending Tool. We like one of the lamest bands in the world (admit it) and we've had the tenacity to stick with them for a long time. They clearly don't give a shit anymore. Cutting setlists short, reusing year old lists, little to no crowd interaction. At the very least it's just Maynard who doesn't give a shit anymore, but hasn't it always seemed like his egomania dictates what the band does and where the band goes? Remember that time he butchered APC because Bush got re-elected? Remember that time when Tool made a mediocre fourth album focusing on his mother? Anyone criticizing Tool about their setlist bullshit is correct. You can either be naive about it or realize he's right and enjoy them as much as you can regardless.

1. APC is not Tool, not even close.
2. When Maynard had his back turned to us on the Lateralus tour, I don't think that bothered many people...the music spoke for itself.
3. I know nothing of a mediocre Tool album.
4. A band who "doesn't give a shit" doesn't spend thier time touring non stop for 16 months.

Cipher
05-16-2007, 09:06 AM
If anyone's got 2 GA tickets they're willing to sell. I've got $200 that I'm willing to spend.
PM me.

imbackagain2
05-16-2007, 09:41 AM
You know what....I will always be a huge Tool fan, and they are fantastic live, but if they are playing 95% the same setlist from the Ampitheatre show, than I'm not going to bother trying to get tickets for Copps in the end.

Copps is a shithole and if the band has settled into not giving a fuck to make the shows remotely unique, than its not worth it to me.

I bet no one cares if you go or not. Arcade fire sucks balls thats why the tickets were $50. TOOL plays songs like stinkfist, 46&2, sober and aenmia which are all oldies. Sure Id like to hear more but it doesn't make the band shitty. Their so called "radio hits" aren't really radio hits. They're just good songs. I like to hear the new shit live cause ive seen the old shit several times ya know.

Whats this mediocre album?
If you hate tool so much then get outa here. Props to the point about the touring. Those guys have been on the road for a long time not counting the break they took due to dannys injury. Over a year straight now. IT's gotta wear a person down.

And on a lighter note im getting draged to see nickelback with my girlfriend at the amp. Super pumped. hahaha pause.....not. At least shes coming to tool with me for her first time. We got floors for both.

Bino
05-16-2007, 09:56 AM
And on a lighter note im getting draged to see nickelback with my girlfriend at the amp.

I'd leave the bitch before she could even get the "back" out of her mouth.

"Hon, we've got tickets to Nick-"

"L8R, B"

imbackagain2
05-16-2007, 10:22 AM
hahahaha yeah weve been together for 6 years so it's a little more complicated then that.

Bino
05-16-2007, 11:27 AM
hahahaha yeah weve been together for 6 years so it's a little more complicated then that.

LOL. I've been with mine for 7, so I can dig it, but she knows by now that certain things are verboten (this is a two-way street, naturally). Nickelback is clearly one of those things. I'm not allowed to touch other women and she is forbidden from any and all things Chad Krueger. Sometimes I think I'd go see a Nickelback show for a piece of strange but then Chad pops in to my head and all I want to do is stab myself in the ears and eyes with hot-knives.

imbackagain2
05-16-2007, 01:05 PM
hahaha well at least it wiill be comical

sianspheric
05-16-2007, 11:09 PM
saying "if you hate Tool so much, why dont you get out of here" is about as dumb as someone criticizing something about canada and someone saying "if you dont like it why dont you giiit outta 'ere" It's such an ignorant, close minded reply.

where did I ever say I hated Tool?, I said I will always be a huge fan. All I did was compare the band having $65 tickets for one of the worst large venues in the southern ontario area, playing what seems like an entirely identical setlist as the last few tours, last stop in Toronto. I just stacked it up against seeing a band, one that just had the #2 and #1 albums in the US and Canada, playing on of the best venues in ontario for $40 face value. A band that seems to still put a lot of effort in their performances, wheras so many recent tool shows I've seen videos of, or attended, the band just seems to be going through the motions, they're technically fantastic but the passion is gone.

At a certain point the band just seems to be gouging fans to hear while playing in a cheap venue, for tickets that are significantly more expensivive than the american shows (even with the exchange rate), while not really offering the audience anything different from the ampitheatre show. But Tool fans are obsessive, and blindly bow down to them, and will pay anything, so they can get away with it and nobody seems to care. It doesnt mean I dont like the band, I'm just saying that after seeing them 4/5 of their last Toronto area shows, missing them isnt going to be something to really be upset about.

imbackagain2
05-17-2007, 04:52 AM
you did nothing but put them down and say the show is going to suck. So if you feel that way then leave cause no one wants to hear you stupid fucking rants. It's more like tool fans are there for one reason. Cause the band puts on a killer live show and we love the music.. Most fans know what to expect anyways cause most of us have seen them 3 or 4 times. You don't get to see them very often. I would see the same set list every time and still be happy with it. Go listen to some arcade fire and drop this subject now. No one cares if you miss them or not. Most people are here to talk positively about the band and pump each other up. You come here saying it's the same set list, your all a bunch of sheep for going, bla bla bla. Just don't say anything if you think it's going to suck and you don't want to go. Because im sure it's more then just me thats sick of reading your huge posts that put down the very thing that were here to support.

Tickets were only 65$. It's ticketmaster that charges the convienience fee and building fees. That adds another 15-20 to your ticket price. Id pay 200 to see this band if I had to.

"80 for floors in a shitty arena, with shit sound, playing the same stuff they foisted to audiences all of last year, ignoring much of their back catalog, favouring radio hits over fan favourites, and generally acting like they couldnt give a shit on stage, thats Tool in 2007. And thats my indifference this time around." Then Don't go and keep it to yourself.

pushthenvelope
05-17-2007, 06:58 AM
"Copps is a shithole and if the band has settled into not giving a fuck to make the shows remotely unique, than its not worth it to me."

Not sure how you figure Copps is a "shithole". I saw Tool there in 02 and the show was great.,sound was fine. How is it different from the ACC (I saw them there in 01) other than the size?
As far as set-lists go, I'm not entirely happy either but what are you going to do? Die-hard fans of Rush were the same back in the day, always wanting to hear 2112 after the band had released several more albums. When a band tours to promote a CD....guess what?... they are going to play mainly tunes off that disc.

Enjoy the show everyone. I know I will ,same Set list or not. It will be a long time until their back. And BTW they are going back to Europe after this NA tour is done. That's one hard -working band .... Almost two years of straight touring.

]v[edusa
05-17-2007, 08:37 AM
And lets not go comparing AOF to TOOL. I want to smash the radio everytime I hear that guy scream. I'll be suprised if their on the map in a couple of years.

Aaahh haha are you talking about Alexisonfire?

Wade lived across the street from me practically my whole life. That guy is creepy. I came out of the shower one day and I looked through my window only to see him staring at me. I also spotted him staring at me numerous times while I was outside walking passed his house. I just pray they never make a song about "the girl next door".

Man do I have stories about bands that got on a record label in St. Catharines.

I cant believe AOF stretched out to atleast BC. I think it was that band that filled downtown St. Catharines with emos.

Cipher
05-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Wade lived across the street from me practically my whole life.

Haha really?
That's pretty cool, if it's true. I actually like Alexisonfire...

Anyways,
There's nothing wrong with Copps. It's going to be an awesome show.

]v[edusa
05-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Haha really?
That's pretty cool, if it's true. I actually like Alexisonfire...

Anyways,
There's nothing wrong with Copps. It's going to be an awesome show.

I guess its cool.... i dont know. :P

As much as I really like the set list. I really want to hear resolution (D/R/T). I would have an OBE if I heard that live.

imbackagain2
05-18-2007, 07:17 AM
have a good long weekend im off to the cottage in owen sound. IF your up there and hear tool don't be afraid to say Hi cause ill be pounding it all weekend.

BoNeSaW
05-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Been checking Ticketmaster past 5 days, no tickets found.
Well, today I searched and I'm getting tickets in sections
228, 227, 111
if anyone need's tickets still, they must have released a few more.
Good luck...

fetisha
05-18-2007, 09:02 AM
For those of you who had tickets right at 10AM and the next page said "processing" for 5 minutes and then it finally said your order couldn't be processed, well you obviously thought your tickets were gone.

Well, it's possible they weren't. I received my tickets in the mail (I placed 2 orders after my 1st tickets were gone) but I received 3 envelopes. It turns out that my first order actually went through.

I checked my order history on ticketmaster just now and there is no record of the first order. I then checked my recent transactions on my credit card and sure enough there are 3 separate charges all amounting to the same price.

I would check your recent charges with your credit card company. It may be that you'll be getting your tickets afterall.

Crazy...

Cipher
05-18-2007, 09:09 AM
It would make my day to have those two GA tickets, that didn't go through, arrive in the mail.

Although, I've already received my pair of lower bowls in the mail... So I doubt it.

Hate to do it, but I'm going to have to put these on ebay and buy some GAs.

searing
05-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Unbelievable, first Rush did it, now Tool, second show announced - Copps, Sunday, June 24th.

Both instances, second show is on a much better date, now I have to decide if I can afford to spend more $ I don't have on tickets this year...

July 9th show was fastest sellout in Copps history.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/breakingnews/breakingnews_9304016.html

Eighteenth Eye
05-18-2007, 11:43 AM
I was just about to post this! I just heard about it on the radio. Very strange to announce a second show BEFORE the existing one.

Maken
05-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Holy Fuckin Shit

Cipher
05-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Unbelievable, first Rush did it, now Tool, second show announced - Copps, Sunday, June 24th.

Both instances, second show is on a much better date, now I have to decide if I can afford to spend more $ I don't have on tickets this year...

July 9th show was fastest sellout in Copps history.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/breakingnews/breakingnews_9304016.html

Wow! A second chance for me to get floor tickets!
Awesome.

EDIT** HOLY SHIT, At first I thought that it was for July 24th!
Even better! My day has been made...

greenjelly
05-18-2007, 12:24 PM
WHATT?? thats crazy... pretty disapointed im gonna have to miss this one but at least i already got tix to the other one

BoNeSaW
05-18-2007, 03:19 PM
damn, I just bought tickets for the July show today...
gonna have to fork out more cash for this one also!

sianspheric
05-19-2007, 09:42 AM
sweet.

*bites his tounge*

Maken
05-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I noticed the Montreal show got a TA presale. WTF is that garbage. No TA presales for ANY the 4 Ontario dates, but the one Quebec date gets one. Jesus.

fetisha
05-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Here's hoping the setlists will at least be somewhat different since they're playing 2 Hamilton shows now.

imbackagain2
05-20-2007, 09:59 AM
there better be a presale this time on TA. Don't count on the second set list being too different because the shows are about a month apart.

Kid-Canada
05-20-2007, 10:15 AM
holy fuck.. hamilton june 24, montreal july 10 (already got floors).. this summer is gonna rock

Spoon
05-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Is Copps worth driving 5 hours to?

imbackagain2
05-21-2007, 04:50 AM
more like is it worth driving 5 hours to see tool. It aint worth it to go to cops but to see tool yeah. SO driving to see tool at copps is your choice. It's a descent venue with a great band.

jayde
05-21-2007, 06:02 PM
can't find this on ticketmaster at all....man, might see them 3 times now

imbackagain2
05-22-2007, 04:02 AM
yeah the tickets aren't on ticketmaster yet thats why you can't find them. Ill post here as soon as i notice, and im sure many else will do the same.

jayde
05-22-2007, 06:11 AM
I was in the school computer lab when I found out about this second show and almost swore in front of my kids...after school program.
got 100's for first hammy show, floors for Montreal...hoping to get floors for this one....or whatever....gonna see them THREE times...just hope the set lists change up

fetisha
05-22-2007, 07:56 AM
It's up on Ticketbastard now

imbackagain2
05-22-2007, 08:41 AM
I don't care if the set lists are the same im going to both shows. Friday at 5pm tickets are on sale through ticketmaster same price for floors.

According to the seating charts does anyone think it's going to be seats on the floor?

jayde
05-22-2007, 08:48 AM
DAMN....i'm working at 5...and won't be able to get ticketrs until after 6

damn damn damn damn damn