View Full Version : 2007/05/31 - Orlando, FL - Amway Arena

swaps
02-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Tool
Amway Arena, Orlando, FL
Friday, April 6, 2007

Fadeout
02-13-2007, 08:06 PM
planning on going to this show...does anyone know if the toolarmy gives you access to any presale of tickets? I'm thinking about joining just so i can get some good tix.

flipmojo
02-13-2007, 08:09 PM
planning on going to this show...does anyone know if the toolarmy gives you access to any presale of tickets? I'm thinking about joining just so i can get some good tix.

From what I've heard, the Toolarmy presale is not available for all members. Some members do not get presale tickets. They have a limited number of them.

I will be at this show. I'm not sure if I will be getting tickets for this one through TM or a broker though.

SpiralReflection
02-13-2007, 09:58 PM
My understanding of the current Tool Army (and I'm a member) presale system is this:
-Everyone will be able to "purchase" them for every show while they're available
-However, TA will review how close you are to the actual show and then decide if you actually receive tickets. If they don't e-mail you a confirmation, your card won't be charged for tickets
-Before this system, people "within 1 hour of the show" were e-mailed a password for Ticketmaster, under this new system it hasn't been stated what the qualifying distance is

flipmojo
02-14-2007, 01:08 AM
It sounds very complicated to me. Most bands simply give fan club members a presale passcode and a short timeframe to purchase a maximum of two tickets with good seating. That usually seems to work. But this is Tool so it has to be more complicated... LOL.

katelyn
02-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Hell yes! I will be at this show and most likely the Tampa one too. I am so excited they are finally coming back to Florida!

mellowlikejello
02-14-2007, 12:57 PM
i'm going to be in disney that week.... and from what mapquest says, the arena is only about 20 minutes away... so i'll be there!!

sanjaygolf
02-15-2007, 07:11 AM
Have they said who's opening for them?

mellowlikejello
02-15-2007, 09:29 PM
does anyone that lives in the area know if there's a form of transportation (public buses, etc), besides taking a cab... because i can imagine that'd be around $30.... since we're flying down there, we have no car to get us to the arena.

flipmojo
02-15-2007, 10:51 PM
does anyone that lives in the area know if there's a form of transportation (public buses, etc), besides taking a cab... because i can imagine that'd be around $30.... since we're flying down there, we have no car to get us to the arena.

Here's a thought:

Why not locate a hotel within walking distance to the arena? Catch a cab from the airport to your hotel, and then walk to and from the show.

mellowlikejello
02-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Here's a thought:

Why not locate a hotel within walking distance to the arena? Catch a cab from the airport to your hotel, and then walk to and from the show.

hotel is already booked, we're staying in disney.
... oh well, i'll find a way.

.................for anyone that's been to this venue before, do they usually do GA for the floor?

WiredIllusion
02-16-2007, 07:58 AM
TD Waterhouse/Amway Arena is normally GA on the floor, but it can vary show to show. I've seen seating, I've seen GA. Depends on the band and how it was booked.

As far as transportation, there are city buses (Lynx) that one can take. I am not at all familiar with the routes but it is a possibility I suppose (a taxi may be easier). The Lynx site is: http://www.golynx.com/. A map of routes in JPEG format (they have many ways to view on their site) can be see here (http://www.golynx.com/RouteMaps/SystemMap.jpg).

I would also call your hotel and see if they know of any shuttle buses that travel to Amway Arena at nights or what they would recommend.

The real question is... join TA for a chance at presale or not. Haha.

mellowlikejello
02-16-2007, 11:12 AM
TD

As far as transportation, there are city buses (Lynx) that one can take. I am not at all familiar with the routes but it is a possibility I suppose (a taxi may be easier). The Lynx site is: http://www.golynx.com/.

The real question is... join TA for a chance at presale or not. Haha.

thanks for the help!.

joining TA doesnt seem like a good option... like someone said earlier, they only allow people within a certain distance from the arena to buy tickets... which doesn't seem too fair. maybe for you tho, since you live in orlando. my boyfriend bought tickets for 3 shows on the lateralus tour and got GA floor for all of them, without presale... it shouldn't be a problem getting good seats. hopefully.

fastdriver6
02-17-2007, 05:30 AM
i'm going to be in disney that week.... and from what mapquest says, the arena is only about 20 minutes away... so i'll be there!!

in theory it's only 20 minutes away----on a friday afternoon/evening it will take quite a bit longer than that---make sure you plan on an hour or so for travel time (I-4 is quite slow at times)

WiredIllusion
02-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Totally agreed, if you leave anywhere between 3:30 and 6:30 expect slow downs on I-4 due to accidents, sheer congestion or sheer idiocy.

mellowlikejello
02-19-2007, 09:06 AM
this show is finally up on ticketmaster... and it looks like there is general admission!

el_coco
02-24-2007, 04:14 PM
what the fuck happened??, why is it not listed on the tickemaster website anymore?????

FUCK THIS SUCKS FUCKING HAIRY DICK!!!!

I HOPE DANNY HEALS SOON.........................:-(

PShepherd11
02-27-2007, 11:51 AM
I called FYE (Ticketmaster outlet) and that bastard tried telling me that all the shows were cancelled. I was really pissed for some time, but then I realized that he was probably just an ass who didn't know what he was saying. Or he really liked to give bad news to people.

Either way, the Orlando show is still listed on TDN and Toolband, so I think it's just going to be postponed. Florida was the only state (that I noticed) that had five shows...either way (hopefully) we'll all find one to go to. I just hope they still come to Orlando.

WiredIllusion
03-07-2007, 02:19 PM
May 29 - Tampa, FL @ USF Sundome
May 31 - Orlando, FL @ Amway Arena

Hell yeah, back on. Shame they are not weekend dates anymore.

flipmojo
03-15-2007, 07:18 PM
I've got my Florida road trip all mapped out. I've only got two words for this tour... OLD SCHOOL!! I realy hope they go back to their roots and bring out songs like Intolerance, Prison Sex, Undertow, Flood, etc.

PShepherd11
03-18-2007, 06:10 AM
You know, it's kind of bothering me that the Orlando date is not listed on TDN or on Ticketmaster. They're supposed to go on sale next Saturday, I would think that Ticketmaster should have this information.

katelyn
03-21-2007, 04:52 AM
Still not listed on ticketmaster, wtf is up with that? I heard on the radio tix were going to go on sale 3/24 . . .

seanx666
03-21-2007, 06:29 AM
i am worried that it is not up on ticketmaster because they are accepting the tickets sold from the cancelled date. if everyone bought tickets when they first went on sale (for the cancelled show) there might not be any left. I didn't buy any since i heard it was cancelled. i figured i'd have to wait for a rescheduled date, then buy tix. who would have thought ticketmaster would sell tix for a cancelled show, then accept those tix for the rescheduled show. Unfortunately there might be alot of us in this boat.

katelyn
03-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Well I just got off the phone with ticketmaster and they said that tickets did not go on sale yet. She said that its not listed on ticketmaster right now, but it should be updated by Friday and that tix would go on sale 3/24 at 10 am so I guess we'll see . . .

PShepherd11
03-21-2007, 09:15 AM
i am worried that it is not up on ticketmaster because they are accepting the tickets sold from the cancelled date. if everyone bought tickets when they first went on sale (for the cancelled show) there might not be any left. I didn't buy any since i heard it was cancelled. i figured i'd have to wait for a rescheduled date, then buy tix. who would have thought ticketmaster would sell tix for a cancelled show, then accept those tix for the rescheduled show. Unfortunately there might be alot of us in this boat.

They never went on sale for the Florida dates.

seanx666
03-21-2007, 10:53 AM
right on. its on the ticketmaster site now (finallY). internet on sale at 10 AM this saturday.

egotrip
03-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I live near Tampa, but I'm planning to get my tickets for the Orlando show. The USF Sundome is smaller and I'm not a fan of General Admission.
10am tomorrow....can't wait.

flipmojo
03-24-2007, 06:41 AM
Got my tickets for this show just now. As far as Ticketmaster... HOLY SHIT!! I have never seen such a delay for tickets. It was insane! I was on right when it turned 10am, and the wait time jumped straight up to over 15 minutes!! It took 20 minutes just to get a ticket offer. Thankfully, they were still pretty good lower level tickets. Not great, but I will take them over paying $150 per ticket from some broker.

Also got good lower level tickets for Jacksonville. Jax is a smaller venue. It should be a cool show. The wait was just as long on ticketmaster. Unbelievable.

funknotik
03-24-2007, 06:52 AM
Hello everyone, first time going to a tool show. I got general admission for the orlando show, wondering how early I should get there if I want to be right up in the front??

flipmojo
03-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Hello everyone, first time going to a tool show. I got general admission for the orlando show, wondering how early I should get there if I want to be right up in the front??

I replied to your PM about getting up front. It's not worth it to me. But I gave it to you straight.

cacophonys
03-26-2007, 06:23 AM
Im looking to buy two tickets for GA or lower level seating. Unfortunately I got on tm two hours too late (12PM).

cacophonys
03-26-2007, 06:25 AM

When the band came to Tallahasee last tour (Lateralus), I just showed up an hour early and I got next to the bar. Everyone else was outside getting drunk/stoned..

recor
04-19-2007, 03:33 PM
whatre thechances of getting good seats for this now?
im planning on going

PShepherd11
04-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Slim to none. I went the day they went on sale (a few hours after, in fact) and the entire lower section was sold out. Lucky thing I didn't want to sit down there anyway. Good luck to you.

Majesty12
04-19-2007, 05:19 PM
so who's opening?

recor
04-19-2007, 06:39 PM
thanks, ill need all the luck i can get i guess

flipmojo
04-21-2007, 08:26 PM
whatre thechances of getting good seats for this now?
im planning on going

Check this... seriously, check it.

I went on Ticketmaster just for shits and giggles this morning. You see, I didn't get tix for Sunrise, FL because they sold out so fast right when they went onsale in March. They only showed outerspace, nosebleed seats by the time my number was called. So I passed.

But today I found really decent lower level seats straight up on Ticketmaster for Sunrise some one month later. Check back on Ticketmaster often. You never know when they will dump seats into the database for buying. Good luck.

See you in Orlando, Sunrise AND Jax. YES!!!

katelyn
05-02-2007, 08:52 AM
woohoo!!! less than a month away now!!
anyone plan on meeting up to grab drinks before the show?
see you all there!!

PShepherd11
05-02-2007, 09:22 AM
It'll be weird going to this show knowing that there will be some fellow TDN members there. I hope I can still go...

kujobie
05-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I just, 5 minutes ago, picked up pretty good seats for this show right off ticketmaster. They're upper level but not bad, sec 208 row J. And they were $41. The funny thing is, there were seats higher up, sec 214 row T for $54. Cant figure that out. Anyways, I'll be going to both the Tampa and Orlando shows and have a pair of VERY good seats for sale for the Tampa show if anyone is interested. Sec. P1 row 10, face value, $65. E-mail me at [email protected]. Peace.

flipmojo
05-08-2007, 11:36 PM
It'll be weird going to this show knowing that there will be some fellow TDN members there. I hope I can still go...

I will be in SEC 109. Not the best seats, but they're lower level. And I should be able to get a good view of the stage show.

katelyn
05-17-2007, 10:55 AM
holy shit 2 weeks to go!!!

has anyone checked out the opening band's myspace page? Melt-Banana: http://www.myspace.com/azap

kujobie
05-18-2007, 01:56 PM
holy shit 2 weeks to go!!!

has anyone checked out the opening band's myspace page? Melt-Banana: http://www.myspace.com/azap

Yea, it's interesting. I'm not sure what to think. Tool always has odd choices for opening bands. But, then, none of us are going to the show to see the opener. Anyways, it'll give the moshers something to do.

katelyn
05-25-2007, 08:37 AM
bumpity bump
less than a week to go!!!
i'll be the crazy blonde in sec. 122 - see you all there! :)

HelenA
05-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi, This is Helen from the girl's thread. Our friend Priti (PShepherd) is 'missing'. We have concerns for her whereabouts. We know she has tickets to this concert but we are not sure if she is still going. She was in the process of moving from one town to another (within Florida) and posted a distressed message from a different computer. Those of us with her email address have emailed her but now her emails are bouncing back. We are very concerned for her and would love to know if she is OK.

She looks like this. (http://toolnavy.com/member.php?u=30764)

If you happen to see her at this concert could you please ask her to log in to tdn and tell us she is OK.

kujobie
05-28-2007, 10:30 AM
I MAY have an extra ticket to this show. Son can't go, wife doesn't want to. I still love her cuz she is going to the Tampa show with me. If I can't find anyone to go with me, I will sell this ticket at or below face value. It's in sec 208, row J. I'll be parking in Lot 1. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] if you are interested.

Jacques
05-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Dude, it's tomorrow. Sweet.

I dunno if I'm digging this opening band though.

flipmojo
05-30-2007, 09:00 AM
The band had two days off before last night's show in Tampa. Now they get today off too. Let's do 'em a favor and welcome them back tomorrow night!!

I heard there were some technical mistakes last night - probably due to the time off. I'm thinking tomorrow night will be a show for them to ease into the second half of the tour - starting with this three night run in Florida.

See you tomorrow at the show!! Don't be an ass. It will be a great show!

sonnyboy11
05-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Dude, it's tomorrow. Sweet.

I dunno if I'm digging this opening band though.

Melt Banana is one of the best noise bands around. You fuggers are lucky and should feel honored to see them. Instead, I've no doubt plenty of meatheads will biatch that the guitar is too loud and they can't understand the singer.

iamthewalrus237
05-30-2007, 11:29 AM
I have two tickets to the show on Thursday, May 31, in Orlando. If you're interested in buying them email me at [email protected]. I'll sell them for face value

SpiralReflection
05-30-2007, 12:52 PM
One extra for Orlando in Sec 111 row K, looking for something reasonable. I bought it for a friend, but he has orientation that day

WiredIllusion
05-30-2007, 01:12 PM
So my doctor claims I may blow my eardrums (they are infected, joyful) at the show, and advised against it, but screw that. I missed Tampa, but I am sure as hell not missing Orlando. Here is to a great show. Cheers!

HelenA
05-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Can you guys keep an eye out for our friend Priti. She has tickets and she looks like this. (http://toolnavy.com/member.php?u=30764) If you see her could you ask her to post something on tdn to say she is OK. Thanks.

WiredIllusion
05-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Of course, any idea if she has floor tickets or seats?

HelenA
05-30-2007, 05:08 PM
She has seated tickets. Thankyou!!!

Edit: PS. Have a GREAT time - we saw them in Sydney and they were fabulous.

fearxile
05-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Luckily today is tool day again. Im hoping for Pushit tonight.

SpiralReflection
05-31-2007, 07:44 AM
I prepped myself last night. Smoked myself out of this world and listened Rosetta Stoned on headphones. HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Jacques
05-31-2007, 08:55 AM
Speaking of smoking, I wonder how tight security is gonna be at the venue. I gotta bring a joint, man.

SpiralReflection
05-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Speaking of smoking, I wonder how tight security is gonna be at the venue. I gotta bring a joint, man.

Plastic bag in your underwear. This venue's security is a pain in the ass for most concerts

flipmojo
05-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Well, I'm heading out for cash and ice for the cooler. Then it's about an hour's drive over to O-town. I got reservations at a hotel within walking distance of the arena. NO DESIGNATED DRIVER NEEDED! Cheers to a great show!

mxsuicide
05-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Longtime TOOL fan this will be my 1st time seeing them. Me and my friend are driving over from Tampa and we are looking for some fans to meet-up with. Is there anything planned that anyone knows of?

Peace

rschackleford75
05-31-2007, 12:46 PM
I"ll be there tonight. Really looking forward to it, and if Tool follows their past pattern, we should be getting Pushit (hopefully, as well as The Pot, like Tampa). Afterwards some friends and I are going to a Waffle House and then having some alcohol.

mxsuicide
05-31-2007, 02:45 PM
I"ll be there tonight. Really looking forward to it, and if Tool follows their past pattern, we should be getting Pushit (hopefully, as well as The Pot, like Tampa). Afterwards some friends and I are going to a Waffle House and then having some alcohol.

well we are in the main parking lot right in front of the center. $8.00 for parking aint bad. we are in a white dodge ram if anyone wants to say hey.

Peace
Mxsuicide

Hodge
05-31-2007, 09:23 PM
since i can't post in reviews thread, can someone elaborate what the prison sex tease was? was adam just scraping his pick against the strings?

fearxile
05-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Exactly, when I heard it I didnt think prison sex was coming. Guess since I know almost exactly the order of the setlist, just when they switch the pot with right in two.

Hodge
05-31-2007, 09:38 PM
hmm, maybe they'll whip it out soon
they teased third eye in 2002 with the leary intro before they actually played it

rschackleford75
05-31-2007, 10:33 PM
The place got pretty excited when they teased it, at least from my perspective. Like fearxile, I pretty much knew it wasn't going to come. Crowd had pretty decent energy, except for the assholes who threw stuff on stage and were taking flash photos. Pushit and Lateralus were the two best for me tonight.

facelessDrone
06-01-2007, 07:19 AM
What was the "extended intro" for Pushit? Was it slow, like the live version on Salival?

rschackleford75
06-01-2007, 09:16 AM
The extended intro was basically just this synthy, ambient thing they did for awhile before playing the first few notes. It built up excitement pretty nice.

flipmojo
06-01-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't think that synth was a Pushit intro. It was more of that stuff they play between every song.

And was that Prison Sex or H? I thought I heard Adam play the first three notes of H. "Dun nuh nuh..." But then they went into Lateralus.

flipmojo
06-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Did anyone get pictures or audio from this show?

PShepherd11
06-05-2007, 04:45 AM
Wow Helen, thanks for your concern. No one talked to me though.

That show was great, but I think the last one was better. I was hoping to hear the rest of Prison Sex, so that was a bit disappointing. There was a lot I was hoping to hear from Ænima and Undertow and even Opiate. The show should've been longer, it felt so short.

I was really wishing I had a camera phone, when I saw these preppy guys in front of me all taking pictures. Maybe next time.