PDA

View Full Version : The Left Eye of Horus

]v[edusa
02-12-2007, 01:35 PM
im sorry if someone already said this.

As I said before, I believe tools music can be seen/heard on many different levels. The Egyptians used to layer their tablets the same way giving off multiple different meanings depending on how you think. Ill be talking about one of the levels that I see in this song which has to do with the line “ive been crawling on my belly”. Before I start talking about this song I’m going to have to explain the steps that the ancient Egyptians had to go through in order to reach 46 and 2.

Ill first briefly explain the osiris story to those who don’t know about it. Osiris’ brother Set killed Osiris and cut his body into several pieces spreading them around the world. Isis (Osiris’ wife) and her sister Nephthys (Set’s wife) went out to find all of the pieces so that they could put them back together. With the help of Thoth and magic they were able to put the pieces back together and bring Osiris back to life. This also made Osiris immortal. What the story is really saying is that Osiris was in the unified 1st level of consciousness (42 and 2), then became disharmonic or in pieces in the 2nd level of consciousness (44 and 2), then by fitting the pieces together he became unified once again only into the 3rd level of consciousness (46 and 2). Osiris then stood as an example of someone who reached 46 and 2 to the Egyptians so that they could follow in his footsteps. (i believe that schism is about the story of osiris and isis).

In order for them to reach 46 and 2 they had to go through the left and right eye of horus mystery schools. The right eye of horus concentrated on training for the left hemisphere of the brain. Here they would teach sacred geometry, mathematics, writing, language, etc. While the left eye of horus concentrated on training for the right hemisphere of the brain. Here they would explore feelings, emotions, psychic energy, etc.... there is also the third eye of horus mystery school which is learning and teaching life.

Im not going to get into explaining the right eye of horus mystery school, but I will say that you have to go through the right eye of horus first before moving on to the left eye of horus school. If you want to reach 46 and 2 then you have to overcome your fears. The goal of the left eye of horus mystery school is to balance feelings and emotions so that you can continue evolving or else it could be harder to survive in the “higher worlds”. Apparently there were 12 temples that ran along the nile and each one of them represented a chakra. In each one they would work on fears in specific chakras I believe. The great pyramid represented the 13th chakra (the godhead). Once the Egyptians finished their training in those 12 temples they could move on to “the well” in the great pyramid and begin the intiation process.

The Well tunnel is underneath the great pyramid. It is currently closed off to the public for safety reasons. This is because many people died here. Apparently if you have any fears at all while you go there, they will all come true and appear there. This is because there is some sort of unusual black light spiral energy which I don’t know too much about. They say that there is a connection between the 3rd and 4th dimension there. The whole purpose of going there was to experience this dark-light energy and connect with earth energies before moving on to the rest of the initiation process.

Ok ill start talking about the song now. one of the many things I think Maynard is singing about in this song may have to do with an experience in the tunnel (the well) underneath the great pyramid. In order to move from “44 and 2” to “46 and 2” the Egyptians had to begin the initiation process in “the well”.

“I’ve been crawling on my belly,
Clearing out what could’ve been.
I’ve been wallowing in my own confused
And insecure delusions.”

Depending on how you convince the guards at the well it can be possible to get in there so that you can experience the initiation process. “crawling on my belly” reminds me of something Drunvalo (the man that wrote the flower of life) said when he went to the well. He said that you literally had to crawl on your belly to get down the tunnel. He said that most of the time on the way down there he was practically wallowing in his own confused and insecure delusions. The tunnel can create fear if you are not ready for it. Drunvalo was actually down there “clearing out what could’ve been”. If you didn’t clear your mind down there then your fears may just become reality.

The shadow is the domain of our pain and fear. Most of us are unwilling to recognize the shadow side, probably due to fear of its potential. By understanding what we learn from the darkest parts of our psyches, we start to eliminate the need for real time expression of those horrors.

In my explanation here, if you crawl on your belly down the well you become face to face with your shadow. From there you are able to transform the whole self and move yourself towards the next step, in the intiation process, to 46 and 2. (im not going to explain the whole process)

This is only one way of seeing it. There are other ways to confront your shadow. im not saying this is the only way to reach 46 and 2 cause there are other ways you can reach for it... i just find it interesting that the song can be viewed like this. kinda like we have to go through all sorts of steps like the Egyptians did so that we can reach for 46 and 2.

as i said before, you can not move on with fear or without understanding your shadow. confronting or walking through your shadow is very good for understanding and transforming yourself so that 46 and 2 could be just ahead of you.

--this was all basically taken from the ancient secret of the flower of life by drunvalo

iAMtheMA!
02-12-2007, 10:10 PM
i like this story... http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=71848725&blogID=221881863&MyToken=2e3fab10-ed7c-48d5-9c1e-c0940da8b65c

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Grand Gallery

"Cairo, Egypt. Giza. Tummy full of butterflies. I had to pinch myself. Damn, I love my job.

All the years of stinky butt feet van tours, all the inedible food, all the sweaty gropers, the liars, lawyers, vampires, barnacles, and mocking birds, the instability... all the bad weather, the delusional stalkers and their legions of head voices, the under paid under qualified airport security staff waving wands across my bare feet looking for WMD's, the jet lag, the ambulance chasers and depositions, the never ending parade/revolving door of deaf but grinning record company execs, all the Spinal Tap moments that used to be funny until they happened to us, all the tantrums/interactions with and by the socially and emotionally challenged, the "oh my god!" hotel bar and mini bar bills, etc...
All of these items/situations and too many more to list. All of them have been worth it since ALL of these experiences added up have brought me here. Right to the feet of the Sphinx and the Great Pyramids in Cairo. It took a few days for the whole experience to truly sink in. I'm still buzzing. The tour guide was waffling on. But I didn't hear him. I was just staring. There are photos of the trip on my other site (www.caduceus.org). And although the notion that a picture is worth a thousand words may be true, my photos don't even come close to capturing the feelings I had, scratch that... am still having. Stunning. Truly stunning. A rare opportunity indeed. This was The Moment dreamt and spoken of over and over again in great detail during those long "non-homework" nights in college with my room mates, Ramiro and Kjiirt. Kashmir playing at full volume, of course. And this was the tune pounding through my head, unconsciously at first, as I ascended the Grand Gallery stairs towards the Kings Chamber. It must have been bellowing out of my ears, cuz when we stepped into the chamber there were no aliens. Scared them off, I suppose. I had always assumed E.T. was a Zeppelin fan. Guess not.
That evening we did one of those borderline cheesy dinner cruises on the Nile. Huge buffet style spread, belly dancing, music, the works. The only decent red wine on the list was an Italian Barolo, which came corked and I just didn't care. I was having too much fun to fret about it. We just focused on the extremely overpriced Special Cuvee Bollinger. I believe it was $400. I know. OUCH. "But, DUDE! I was on the NILE!" shall be my cry from skid row."

- maynard james keenan (puscifer)

iAMtheMA!
02-12-2007, 10:17 PM
and thank you, lllvllledusa - that definitely needed to be said.

look it up, my friends!

from the TOOL FAQ ...toolshed.down.net (this site!):

G36. What does it all mean, 46, 2, shadows?

You could write a whole FAQ for this one question alone; the major underlying principles relate to chromosomes and Jungian theory. Some of the ideas behind this song are based on the teachings of Drunvalo Melchizadek. Here's a snip of an interview with him (Leading Edge, 12/95):

"There are three totally different kinds of humans on the Earth, meaning that they perceive the One reality in three different ways, interpreted differently. The first kind of human has a chromosome composition of 42+2. They comprise a unity consciousness that does not see anything outside themselves as being separate from themselves. To them, there is only one energy - one life, one beingness that moves everywhere. Anything happening anywhere is within them, as well. They are like cells in the body. They are all connected to a single consciousness that moves through all of them. These are the aboriginals in Australia. There might be a few African tribes left like this. Then, there is our level, comprising 44+2 chromosomes. We are a disharmonic level of consciousness that is used as a steppingstone from the 42+2 level to the next level, 46+2...These two additional chromosomes change everything."

Rachel Wells ([email protected]) has written this moderately long, excellent summary of all the relevant Jungian concepts:

"Anima / Animus (pronounced On-ee-mah):

In Jungian psychology, the anima refers to personality traits regarded as feminine that are often repressed into the unconscious of males while the animus refers to traits regarded as masculine that are often repressed into the unconsciousness of females.

Although suppressed from conscious awareness, the anima/animus influences our behavior in powerful ways. In most individuals,it is projected onto people of the opposite sex and accounts for the experience of falling in love with someone we hardly know. As the unconscious pole of the self, the counter-ego represented by the anima/animus can also be a guide to one's own unconscious realm. It is often experienced as the guiding female (if you're male) or male (if you're female) presence in dreams.

The Shadow:

In Carl Jung's personality theory, the ego represents the individual's sense of personal self. The sense of personal identity is purchased, however, at the expense of certain tendencies that are rejected as 'not-self'. According to Jung, these rejected traits come together as a kind of unconscious 'counter-ego' which he termed the shadow.

We may become unduly anxious or irritated when in an environment or around a person that in some way reminds us of repressed aspects of our self. If a person has rejected his or her own sex drive, for example, that person may feel irrational fear or anger around an overtly sexual individual. The shadow may appear as a person in one's dreams, usually as an individual of the same sex.

Of all the archetypes, the shadow is the most powerful and potentially the most dangerous. It represents everything about ourselves that we fear and despise.

The meaning of 46 + 2:

According to Melchezedek, our planet is covered with geometrically constructed 'morpho genetic grids'. These grids extend from about 60 feet under the Earth's surface to about 60 miles above the Earth, arranged in geometric patterns (see 'Sacred Geometry'). Each species has its own grid, which supports life, and connects the consciousness of its particular species. Before any species can come into existance or make an evolutionary step, a new grid must be completed. When a species becomes extinct, that particular species' grid dissoves.

A new grid was completed in 1989 - the 'christ-consciousness' grid. This grid will allow humans to evolve into our next version. We'll develop two additional chromosomes (which are really 'geometrical images' designed to resonate with our specific grid) for a total or 46 + 2.

The main change will be a shift to the "unity consciousness". Every cell in your body has its own consciousness and memory. You, the higher being that occupies your body, make the millions of different consciousnesses in your body work together as one being. How does this relate to this grid? Think of yourself as a cell and the grid as the higher being. We will still have individual consciousness, but will be united in the form of a higher being in order to work as one entity."

Scientifically speaking, humans don't appear to be evolving new chromosomes (or much of anything else; thanks to technology). If you want to learn more, search the web or take a class!

Eight
02-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Depending on how you convince the guards at the well it can be possible to get in there so that you can experience the initiation process. “crawling on my belly” reminds me of something Drunvalo (the man that wrote the flower of life) said when he went to the well. He said that you literally had to crawl on your belly to get down the tunnel. He said that most of the time on the way down there he was practically wallowing in his own confused and insecure delusions. The tunnel can create fear if you are not ready for it. Drunvalo was actually down there “clearing out what could’ve been”. If you didn’t clear your mind down there then your fears may just become reality.

The shadow is the domain of our pain and fear. Most of us are unwilling to recognize the shadow side, probably due to fear of its potential. By understanding what we learn from the darkest parts of our psyches, we start to eliminate the need for real time expression of those horrors.

I'm sorry for making a connection to another song, I just hate making another thread when it relates to this.
I was listening to H. and thinking about this post in regards to this section:

"And the snake is drowned and
As I look in his eyes,
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of those times.

I could have cried then.
I should have cried then.

And as the walls come down and
As I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times
I have died
and will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind. "

Mainly just the "fear begins to fade part" in connection to how you said you can't be affraid when you go into the well.

(I know I only give you little pieces to work with but I figure you can connect things better than I can)

]v[edusa
02-17-2007, 02:48 PM
thanks. i love hearing from you guys, but why is it always only the same group of limited people that talk in our threads?

I'm sorry for making a connection to another song, I just hate making another thread when it relates to this.
I was listening to H. and thinking about this post in regards to this section:

"And the snake is drowned and
As I look in his eyes,
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of those times.

I could have cried then.
I should have cried then.

And as the walls come down and
As I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times
I have died
and will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind. "

Mainly just the "fear begins to fade part" in connection to how you said you can't be affraid when you go into the well.

(I know I only give you little pieces to work with but I figure you can connect things better than I can)

hmmm interesting. you think hes referring to his unconscious or his shadow?
u know eight.... sometimes i really think you know a lot more and your just giving us these clues so that we can figure it out on our own or something.

im going to definately look into that. you just gave me a good idea. sweet. thanks again.

and dont ever say that i could connect thing better then u, cause i believe we are all equal, no one is better nor worse. you have a brilliant mind, you think up great ideas. dont just stop after finding a great idea. explore and go beyond then you will find your answers.

Eight
02-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Heh, thanks. I don't know all that much, I haven't read up on any of this because I haven't bought the books yet. That's why when I think of something, I put it in here because I figure it might trigger something for you. Maybe that you'll know the technical part and connect it to the simple part or something.
I really only know what I write down.
I guess I was thinking shadow, like the snake represented fear. Maybe the line was about over coming it. Then the "have died, will die" part. I think maybe that is a thought process of the way that things happen beyond our control. "I don't mind" Its ok, I understand that this has to be.
That's all I have.

]v[edusa
02-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Does anyone else have a comment on the possiblity of this song also relating to the initiation process that the egyptian's went through to reach 46 and 2???

Inner_Eulogy
02-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Does anyone else have a comment on the possiblity of this song also relating to the initiation process that the egyptian's went through to reach 46 and 2???

I think you can definately make direct references between the two but I don't think the song was specifically written about it.

TheOmegaCode089
02-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Well, look at the placement of H. in relation to 46&2 on the album: H. comes just before (with the exception of Useful Idiot). Maybe H. is about the shedding of fears in the first 12 temples.

<8>jF<8>
02-24-2007, 10:25 PM
I agree that there's a likely possibility that H. is relating to the previously discussed meaning of 46&2. I'm currently reading Drunvalo's book and after reading this thread (and before any mention of H.), I was already thinking of how H. related into it. The lines Eight selected were about the same that stood out to me, too, so I pretty much agree with the flow of this thread. I'm also glad to see people conscious and thinking about this kinda thing. Good stuff...