PDA

View Full Version : View

a-groan-of-tedium
02-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Anyone else like this to be a "new" quality to the elements of Tool (Adam's guitar effects, Maynard's lyrics about sophisticated topics, stop motion videos, etc.) This seems completely new, especially the references to ET and X-Files. I'd love to see more Tool lyrics like this. I don't know, i just admire these lyrics for some reason. Or do you think Rosetta Stoned, should be one and only?

dissected-detcessid
02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
I think the song is different for a reason.
Cuz it's not about them.

a-groan-of-tedium
02-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I think the song is different for a reason.
Cuz it's not about them.

Anyone else like this to be a "new" quality to the elements of Tool (Adam's guitar effects, Maynard's lyrics about sophisticated topics, stop motion videos, etc.)

I meant I’d like Tool to write more songs this way, and become associated with it.

a-groan-of-tedium
03-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Anyone else like this to be a "new" quality to the elements of Tool (Adam's guitar effects, Maynard's lyrics about sophisticated topics, stop motion videos, etc.) This seems completely new, especially the references to ET and X-Files. I'd love to see more Tool lyrics like this. I don't know, i just admire these lyrics for some reason. Or do you think Rosetta Stoned, should be one and only?

i sounded like a fucking idiot

PryThirdEye
03-05-2007, 10:50 PM
I see what you're saying, nine. I really like this song because of the lyrics. They're funny as hell! However, I think the song is different just because of the subject.

the midas touch
03-05-2007, 10:54 PM
I like looking at this song and seeing what Tool is all about and how they feel about their message and how well it's being received by us.

Opiate_Mass
03-07-2007, 12:34 PM

how are the ET references new?
ever read the newsletter?

iAMtheMA!
03-07-2007, 01:04 PM
faaip de oiad

tryptosaur
03-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I think it's the raw quality of the lyrics that make them unique. Admitting that what he's saying is not so easy to say since he can't remember much of it. Being completely honest and not seasoning it in any way so you taste the experience itself. Instead of being like a movie about an occurance, it comes off more as an audial documentary.
Like a scientist (mad) put this together and not an artist, though they really aren't separate.
Whatever lurks behind the doorway (door-water-serpent [daleth-mem-teth]) has crossed the sound barrier and is now living in our heads. Sneaky little bastard!