PDA

View Full Version : I've been thinking...

here_i_am
06-26-2003, 10:06 PM
I've been thinking about this song latley, and I'd like to run a few thoughts by all of you and see what you think of my ideas.

This song is not just a song, of course, it is not solely a wondrous work of artistic genius, it is a meaning, a definition, a characterization of all that we live and die for. All that means anything to us by the end. A passion so pure, and so human that it transcends all real understanding and hurls us all into the muddled and confused pit that is our life. The only way it could even begin to be explained is through the astounding brilliance that is musical compostion. It is almost frightening. Do you see?

As far as the lyrics of Parabol...

So familiar and overwhelmingly warm
This one, this form I hold now.

(description of the emotion and inexplicable bond we are entitled to as humans associated with the things we can never understand, but will continue to try to)

Embracing you, this reality here,
This one, this form I hold now,

(describing the feeling of attachment to what comforts us and to what we believe we have accomplished in trying to find our meaning)

Wide eyed and hopeful.
Wide eyed and hopefully wild.

(description of looking at what your trying to find, and what you believe you have found, and realizing the potential of that belief, as well as realizing your own potential)

We barely remember what came before this precious moment,
Choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside...

(describing the realization of exactly what you have found in yourself and the feeling of need and attachment to your found belief)

This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in
This body makes me feel eternal.

(describing the stunning realization that you may have found what you have been seeking, and the pride or rather the comfort of finding what you wanted for so long)

All this pain is an illusion.

(decribing the feeilng of need to defend what you have found and protect yourself from those who are indifferent or in disagreement of you)

But, what the hell do I know.