PDA

View Full Version : The True Meaning For Me

ShadowLine
01-30-2007, 02:29 PM
For me this is what the song is about.
Consider the following:
We are all one conciousness, a direct branch of the creator's, or god if you like, conciousness. We do not die our conciousness inhabits a different physical form (reincarnation). There are many levels of conciousness. We have forgotten this truth and are now in a moment where we are starting to remember that we are all one and one with god.
Schism is about trying to reforge that connection with god. Seeking enlightenment if you like. The word schism itself means the division or breaking of a bridge or connection between two identities.
Here is an interperatation of selected parts (if you want a full one just ask):

'I know the pieces fit'

Referring to the mysticism schools that aren't at the forefront of todays society as they were in the egyption society (before the pharaohs). It is not a literal building but the knowledge of oneness that has been lost. This is what he referrs to with the line i know the pieces fit.

''Cause I watched them fall away'

This deals with the concept of reincarnation and of conciousness being eternal. He literally saw the decline of this truth not as one person but as one conciousness in different physical froms over a period of years. Starting with the egyptian pharaohs who forced the belief of many god onto the nation.

'To bring the pieces back together
Rediscover communication'

Simply stating that he (when i mention he i mean the perspective that this song is wrote from) craves to remember the truth and grow spiritually and 'rediscover communication' with god.

'The poetry
That comes from the squaring off between
And the circling is worth it
Finding beauty in the dissonance'

This is saying even though all this bad stuff happened (we lost contact with god and forgot the truth) the creative outout that came from it was worthwhile.
'Finiding beauty in the dissonance' means creating something truly wonderful in this disharmonic level of conciosness.

Doomed to crumble unless we grow
And strengthen our communication

This is saying unless we remeber this truth there will be no way of entering the 4th dimension and next level on conciousness and we will all be returning to the 3rd dimension when the dimension shift happens as we won;t be able to cope with it. But if we 'grow' and strengthen our communication with the one concisness and god we will be able to ascend into the next level of conciousness.

with much love
Chris
x

]v[edusa
01-30-2007, 03:21 PM
yes i totally agree

i appologize for doing this but i might as well copy and paste my idea in here from the unity consciousness thread... no one seems to be saying anything about it in there. (im not talking about u shadowline). maybe someone will say something in this thread.

i am so sure we found the true meaning to this song.

i believe schism is about the story of osiris

if u never heard the story its basically talking about 2 brothers (osiris and set) and 2 sisters (isis and nephthys). isis was married to osiris and nephthys was married to set. set killed osiris and put his body into a box and floated it down the "nile" river. the killing upsetted isis so she and her sister found him to bring him back to life. set found out so he cut osiris' body into many peices and spreaded them through out the world so that his sisters could not bring him back to life. the sisters went to look for the pieces and with the help of thoth through magic were able to restore all the pieces together. this not only brought him back to life but also gave him immortality!!!

now what the story is saying is that osiris was at first in the first level of consciousness as a whole (42 & 2) which is a unified consciousness and when his body was cut into pieces he was in the second level of consciousness (44 & 2) which is our disharmonic consciousness that we are in now. then when the pieces were fit together he entered the 3rd level which is 46 and 2 and not only back to a unified consciousness but was immortal. they used this understanding of how he became immortal as the template for how other people could reach the same state of consciousness. this also became the religon of egypt.

this explains the whole song but aspecially these specific lines:
-"I know the pieces fit
'Cause I watched them fall away"

-"Pure intention juxtaposed
Will set two lovers' souls in motion"...... i should also point that through the egyptian point of view it was through sexual energy that immortality was reached.

-"To bring the pieces back together
Rediscover communication"

-"Sense of compassion
Between supposed brothers
Between supposed lovers"...... ~refresh~ brothers osiris and set with their lovers isis and nephtys

no doubt im 100% sure this song is about unity consciousness.

the egyptians totally followed this osiris religon in those schools that shadowline was talking about. they were called the left eye, right eye, and third eye of horus mystery schools

then a schism took place in this religion:

there was a man named thoth who wrote "the forty-two books of thoth"- reconstructed by donald beaman if u are interested. there were 42 books and 2 aside from the main body.(~refresh~ 42 + 2 is the first level of consciousness)

anyway, inside the book are neters (neters are gods with a small g) they each represent a different chromosome, aspect, and characteristic of life. they showed the pathway to move from the 1st to the 2nd level of consciousness-by the way this osiris' genetic code used b/c he is an example of ascension.

but!!!!~~~ something bad happened to this egyptian religon. a schism took place. lower and upper egypt seperated in a certain way where upper egypts images of the neters were slightly different then lower egypts. this made everything very confusing b/c one area would say that one of their neters, like anubis, "was God" with a big G and the other would say "isis is God". this ended up creating 88 different ideas of God in the country.

this totally fucked up everything because originally there was only suppost to be one God (one spirit, one consciousness). due to this division a new religion was accidently formed and it was called Christianity. the egyptian religon got corrupted and christianity was formed from bullshit pretty much. so in other words, the schism is the division and misunderstanding of the osiris religion that created other very seperated religons.

right now everyone is separated and scattered apart due to this schism, due to the fact that we are still at 44 and 2. we must put the pieces back together and get back on our pathway of ascension!!! we must become unified once again!!!!!!!!!!

Eight
01-30-2007, 03:46 PM
The word schism itself mean a bridge or connection between two identities.

Ok, not trying to be picky. Just to clearify, the word schism doesn't mean a bridge, it means a division or disunion. At least, that's what I find when I look up the definition. I just want to make sure this is all kept straight.

Great connection, seems you are both on the same track here.

ShadowLine
01-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Ok, not trying to be picky. Just to clearify, the word schism doesn't mean a bridge, it means a division or disunion. At least, that's what I find when I look up the definition. I just want to make sure this is all kept straight.

Great connection, seems you are both on the same track here.

yea sorry i meant to write 'schism.. means a breaking of a bridge between two identities'. sorry.

much love

chris
x

]v[edusa
02-06-2007, 03:15 PM
so what does everyone else think about this interpretation?? someone say something. it seems that the unity/christ consciousness (or 46 and 2) topic is not so popular on a tool message board for some reason :/

ShadowLine
02-07-2007, 12:30 AM
i don't think many people know about it that's all.

chris
x

]v[edusa
02-07-2007, 07:44 AM
im willing to answer peoples questions about it.

much love,
drea

Shantzy Boy
02-07-2007, 10:38 PM
I have to say first of all that it's probably not very popular because it's old news.. remember this album came out in 2001, and these ideas were already being thrown around by tool back in '92, albeit in much different ways... most people that understand that have moved on from message boards I would imagine.. why I'm still here is a bit of a mystery though.

Anyway, I agree with most of your interpretations. The ideas fit, and relating everything back to ancient egypt is a good idea. I think you're right (vedusa) when you say that there was originally supposed to be one god, one spirit, one consciousness and that it got misinterpreted. However, I think that when you get to the bottom of it, religions today still preach the same thing. Most people lack the real understanding of it. Even christianity can be linked to your unity consciousness and the original meaning of everything. You just have to look at it from the right perspective and interpret it correctly. Most people today can't do that though.

I also would like to add that I don't like equating levels of consciousness to numbers of chromosomes. It works as a metaphor for humans but shouldn't be taken as anything more than that. Consciousness is a very tricky thing, and you would be very hard pressed to come up with a good definition of it today mostly because that definition doesn't exist. Aside from what you know. And that is basically that you know. And you know that you know. But a dog, or a pig or cat doesn't know that it knows, apparently. You could even say a rock has consciousness (thank you alan watts) because you hit it.. it will make a noise. Well then it's doing something, right?

I personally like to use the human body as a metaphor for everything. Inside you right now are trillions of different microscopic little cells making you tick. They too have their own level of consciousness. Think of the nervous system. All of these little nerve cells are bunched together to create a marvelously complicated network of control, throughout your body, but when it comes down to it, they can all be separated individually, and ALL of them have a specific unique task. It all adds up to make you what you are. And you're knowing comes from all of that. If you extend this outside the body, you could eventually come up with your unity consciousness, as every single thing added together, working together.

I know that's not really the greatest explanation of things, but it's not really something that's easily put into words. Hence all the metaphors and allegories of christianity, and buddhism and hinduism and taoism, etc, etc, etc... I would also like to say that my interpretation of these things tends to change on a daily basis.. this just happens to be it's current incarnation in my mind.

]v[edusa
02-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I have to say first of all that it's probably not very popular because it's old news..

really? i searched everywhere. i didnt find many people who compared unity consciousness to schism and i didnt find anyone who mentioned the osiris story.

However, I think that when you get to the bottom of it, religions today still preach the same thing. Most people lack the real understanding of it.

yah i agree that they do pretty much preach the same. their origins pretty much came from the same place. the similarities of horus to jesus are crazy... but unfortunately, like you said, most people do lack the real understanding of it.

I also would like to add that I don't like equating levels of consciousness to numbers of chromosomes. It works as a metaphor for humans but shouldn't be taken as anything more than that. Consciousness is a very tricky thing, and you would be very hard pressed to come up with a good definition of it today mostly because that definition doesn't exist. Aside from what you know. And that is basically that you know. And you know that you know. But a dog, or a pig or cat doesn't know that it knows, apparently. You could even say a rock has consciousness (thank you alan watts) because you hit it.. it will make a noise. Well then it's doing something, right?

when i say 44 and 2 as the second level of consciousness and 46 and 2 as the third, etc, i am specifically talking about the human consciousness as a whole. i do agree that other things have a consciousness, but in this case i am only referring to humans and what Thoth has said about humans levels of consciousness. ive noticed that unity consciousness and other related topics seem to recur in many of tools songs so thats why i add 46 and 2 as being another name for the 3rd level of consciousness or christ consciousness.

Cheesegreater
02-11-2007, 10:51 AM
really? i searched everywhere. i didnt find many people who compared unity consciousness to schism and i didnt find anyone who mentioned the osiris story.

yah i agree that they do pretty much preach the same. their origins pretty much came from the same place. the similarities of horus to jesus are crazy... but unfortunately, like you said, most people do lack the real understanding of it.

when i say 44 and 2 as the second level of consciousness and 46 and 2 as the third, etc, i am specifically talking about the human consciousness as a whole. i do agree that other things have a consciousness, but in this case i am only referring to humans and what Thoth has said about humans levels of consciousness. ive noticed that unity consciousness and other related topics seem to recur in many of tools songs so thats why i add 46 and 2 as being another name for the 3rd level of consciousness or christ consciousness.

These kinds of things have always fascinated me. I've recently been doing some research on sacred geometry. It's founding principles are pretty straight-forard, like the five platonic solids, and how "everything is just a certain frequency of vibrations that make up all we see and hear." But there's a lot of crack-pots out there with wild conjectures that are a hard pill to swallow.
The reason I mention SG is because I find it's a plausible explanation for the "tiny" things that make us who we are. If we are all just big ever-evolving masses of atomic vibrations then our consciousness always has the potential to evolve in to a more harmonic more geometrically stable state. That kinda explains our friends thoughts at the moment as just being his current mind's "incarnation". All the atoms in your body behave in some manner to bring you in to whatever state you're in.
Anybody ever heard of a book called "The Keys of Enoch"? It was written by a nucleur-physicist named J.J. Hurtak. It's a pretty wild book. It feels like everything you read is dedoc egaugnal. Pardon the joke, but I'll just say that it's a hard read to wrap my head around. Before each chaper or so there are quotes or what have you... Let me give you an example.

"The key to our astrophysical time zones is the Three and One alignment of consciousness forces in the Great Pryamid with the "Twelve and One" energies of time warp pyramids centered and controlled by the "Many and One" Throne Energies of Orionis and the Pleiades."

I know! Simple right?!? Anyway, it an interesting book that's "way out there man", but I was just curious if anybody's heard of this kind of stuff. I believe the bookwas written 1977, and the guy who loaned it me was very apprehensive about it. He said that it took him forever to find and there aren't many in print.
Anyway... sorry if I strayed off topic. But I would like some feedback.

]v[edusa
02-11-2007, 09:51 PM
that great!! thanks. i love looking for books that really make you think. the book cost a bit too much at the moment. i spent a good 20 minutes trying to look for an ebook i could buy and didnt find anything. ive seen a torrent of it at demonoid.com but demonoid wont let me register at the moment *sigh*. its sounds really interesting! reminds me of drunvalo melchizedeks works, he too talked about sacred geometry and thoth (enoch is believed to be a thoth incarnation to those that dont know). thanks again and ill let you know if i end up finding a copy.

Cheesegreater
02-12-2007, 12:38 PM
that great!! thanks. i love looking for books that really make you think. the book cost a bit too much at the moment. i spent a good 20 minutes trying to look for an ebook i could buy and didnt find anything. ive seen a torrent of it at demonoid.com but demonoid wont let me register at the moment *sigh*. its sounds really interesting! reminds me of drunvalo melchizedeks works, he too talked about sacred geometry and thoth (enoch is believed to be a thoth incarnation to those that dont know). thanks again and ill let you know if i end up finding a copy.

Good luck. I hear it's hard to find. It seems to be a heavily coded book. I find myself laughing when I read parts of it because it's so out there. For some reason I believe the author is on to something, though I may have a hard time comprehending it.

]v[edusa
02-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Good luck. I hear it's hard to find. It seems to be a heavily coded book. I find myself laughing when I read parts of it because it's so out there. For some reason I believe the author is on to something, though I may have a hard time comprehending it.

well, i seen an interview with him and he seemed to talk about jesus quite a bit. ive been questioning the fact that if jesus ever existed for some time now just because of his similarities to horus, buddha, and krishna who were around before his time. he seems to have more of gnostic, kabbalic, and hermetic view though which isnt that bad at all. ive learned to not judge things too quickly so i think im going to give some of his books a try. i tend to be that kinda person that doesnt listen to anyone and just just finds things out on my own.

fixmenow
02-19-2007, 08:36 AM
wow you guys actually broke it down, and that what i always thought the song was about...

ShadowLine
02-20-2007, 11:39 AM
wow you guys actually broke it down, and that what i always thought the song was about...

cool man. god to see other people with same ideas.

chris
x