PDA

View Full Version : Parabola Meaning

HardRocker25
06-24-2003, 05:05 PM
While viewing the Parabola video I came up with this interpretation of the song. In my opinion it means that people should get along and they should just enjoy life because before you know it we will all be wiped out and dead and it won't be until then that we realize that what's inside of us is all the same. It reminds us to think of other people........hence the phrase "remmember what came before us" which is often repeated. I think the song also tries to make us think for ourselves and come together. Hence the cd title Lateralus.......lateral judgement for us toward others. This is just my take, tell me what you guys think.

Mr. Zebra
07-12-2003, 12:21 AM
I know that this is a narrow interpretation, and it's just mine, but I can't help feeling that Parabol/Parabola (because they ARE one song) is about being in love. I'm sure that's not ALL it's about- after all, it IS a Tool song, and I've always believe that they're open to polyinterpretation- but that's just what I can't help feeling move through me when I really just let go of analysis and soak in the song.