PDA

View Full Version : Saturn, the Devourer

Gently
01-25-2007, 11:53 AM
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q301/l0newulf/nksaturni.jpg

I see a perfect connection between this song and Saturn's Mythology, relationship with Metals, and alchemy...maybe my ability to project my thoughts on this are somewhat skewed/or are rant-like- but :

"Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity.
Calculate what we will or will not tolerate.
Desperate to control all and everything."

In Greek and Roman mythology, it was prophesized that one of Saturn's children would one day kill him.
Thus, he he ate his children- he "calculat(ed) what we will or will not tolerate" and was "desperate to control all and everything"

"Clutch it like a cornerstone. Otherwise it all comes down.
Justify denials and grip 'em to the lonesome end.
Clutch it like a cornerstone. Otherwise it all comes down.
Terrified of being wrong. Ultimatum prison cell."

Saturn's wife hid from him the infant Jupiter/Zues, feeding Saturn a STONE shrouded with a blanket.
When he grew up Jupiter would revolt against Saturn and the other Titans, defeat them, and banish them to Tartarus/Hell in the underworld.

"Desperate to control. Unable to forgive. And we're SINKING DEEPER."

We (the children) are being devoured

"Saturn comes back around to show you everything
Let's you choose what you will not see and then
Drags you down like a stone or lifts you up again
Spits you out like a child, light and innocent.
Give away the stone.
Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
Give away the stone.
Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.
Let go."

"LEADEN grudges into Gold"

In 6th century Egyptian Metallurgy related Lead with Saturn ...The son of the SUN, which they've related to GOLD

Gold - The Sun
Silver - The Moon
Electrum - Jupiter
Iron - Mars
Copper - Venus
Tin - Mercury
Lead - Saturn

"..the elements, represented by the lower quadernity in Ulmannus' system:
Mars (fire),
Venus (WATER),
Saturn (earth),
Jupiter (air), 'the elements bring good and evil, separated eternally'. They are negatively united in the 'black memorial sun' as 'sol lapis and metal corporeal.' "
-Buch der heiligen Dreifaltigkeit, 15th century

"Let the Water KISS"-

Saturn was castrated and when his testicles were thrown into the sea they gave birth to Venus, or Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love.
Venus (water),

also, When one looks at a drop of blood under a microscope, its color is gold ... sparkling, shiny beautiful GOLD.

just think about this, and try to understand...

fnshmetal
01-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Yup tool definitely does their research it really is amazing how complex their music is. Just imagine if all bands were about the music rather than the image.

Gently
01-25-2007, 01:47 PM
yes, thank you....i know it sounds stupid but Marilyn Manson reminds me of Tool- he uses a lot of metaphor and symbolism related to Tool's hidden "sacred geometry." funny huh

]v[edusa
01-25-2007, 10:58 PM
"..the elements, represented by the lower quadernity in Ulmannus' system:
Mars (fire),
Venus (WATER),
Saturn (earth),
Jupiter (air), 'the elements bring good and evil, separated eternally'. They are negatively united in the 'black memorial sun' as 'sol lapis and metal corporeal.' "
-Buch der heiligen Dreifaltigkeit, 15th century

"Let the Water KISS"-

Saturn was castrated and when his testicles were thrown into the sea they gave birth to Venus, or Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love.
Venus (water),

dammit.. i think i may have messed up in some of my threads. i swear ive seen in many sources that venus was air and jupiter was water.... but that was corresponding to the chakras.... since u have an great understanding of this kinda stuff, are we both right or am i wrong? please help me out. i dont like leading people down the wrong path.

ok, i enjoy reading drunvalo, chakras, and hermetics... i dont know very much about alchemy, astronomy, the tree of life, aleister crowley, etc. but all i know is that i have to read all this to understand tool, which isnt wrong at all. its all very interesting stuff and is helping me spiritually, but i feel like im going to have to read stacks of books to fully understand what tool is really about (theres nothing wrong with that except that it would take time).... ive been a little too impatient lately... and patience should be a virtue.

i feel like tool is teaching us to find the keys to becoming very spiritual and when we find these keys then we can open the doors to the not only the true meaning behind tool but the true meaning of ourselves, life, the unity consciousness, and realize that everything is light.

well anyways, im glad to c someone else here is doing there homework. i understand your thread. it makes a lot of sense. great work.

did u ever think that this could relate to the chakra system?

1st chakra) Saturn- LEAD
2nd) Jupiter- TIN
3rd) Mars- IRON
4th) Venus- COPPER
5th) Mercury- MERCURY
6th) Moon- SILVER
7th) Sun- GOLD

i believe those planets correspond to those chakras. so if the 1st chakra is lead and the 7th chakra is gold, then i believe he is really saying transmutate the 1st chakras (which is our lowest point) into the 7th chakra (the highest point).. does it make sense? the 7th chakra is the crown and we should all be moving towards there.

"Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
Give away the stone.
Let the waters kissand transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.
Let go."

at first i thought jupiter was water and it made sense with the hypothesis that i had, but i just realized that your venus fit better.

if venus was water (4th (heart) chakra) then u can c the 4th chakra picking us up from "this cold and fated anchor" which hmmm (makes me think) sounds a lot like the 3 lower chakras. we are usually anchored in the lower chakras cause we have no idea that there are higher chakras because a half-step is in the way of the heart chakra. maynard tells us to let the ocean (venus/heart chakra/water) take and tranform the lower chakras (go over the half-step to the 4th chakra). let the waters (venus/heart chakra) kiss/send love/influence /show a sign of connection to get these leaden grudges (1st chakra) to realize and transfrom into the higher chakras and to gold (the 7th chakra). "let go" of the 1st chakra.

do you think this fits?

iAMtheMA!
01-26-2007, 04:35 AM
"let the waters kiss..." keeps reminding me of the planetary kissing of venus to earth and the cosmic beauty that it creates ...the "water" and "venus" connection seems to make this idea more likely - but who knows? so beautiful: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0802713882.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg this direction to the lyrics can offer an amazing perspective of our place within a grand scheme of the geometrical "coincidences" - maybe we're to understand a special alignment? http://conspiracycentral.info/uploads/1168796233/gallery_3472_11_12243.jpg hmmmmmmmm...

]v[edusa
01-26-2007, 07:22 AM
"let the waters kiss..." keeps reminding me of the planetary kissing of venus to earth and the cosmic beauty that it creates ...the "water" and "venus" connection seems to make this idea more likely - but who knows? so beautiful: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0802713882.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg this direction to the lyrics can offer an amazing perspective of our place within a grand scheme of the geometrical "coincidences" - maybe we're to understand a special alignment? http://conspiracycentral.info/uploads/1168796233/gallery_3472_11_12243.jpg hmmmmmmmm...

... i dont know if this is true or not but i heard that the "birth of venus " was a venus transit. i aslo heard that certain venus transits start a magnetic change or a shift of human consciousness. hmm

Gently
01-26-2007, 08:53 PM
interesting interesting...i have to read a little more on Chakras tho, but i see what you mean.

Gently
01-26-2007, 08:59 PM
are we both right or am i wrong? please help me out.

....... its all very interesting stuff and is helping me spiritually, but i feel like im going to have to read stacks of books to fully understand what tool is really about (theres nothing wrong with that except that it would take time).... ive been a little too impatient lately... and patience should be a virtue.

...i feel like tool is teaching us to find the keys to becoming very spiritual and when we find these keys then we can open the doors to the not only the true meaning behind tool but the true meaning of ourselves, life, the unity consciousness, and realize that everything is light.

....did u ever think that this could relate to the chakra system?

do you think this fits?

i dont think there really is a "right or wrong", i hate standards.

spiritualism? yes, i agree that there are some keys here to help us "let go" and achieve and come to realize what is within- and beyond.

do i think the relationship with the chakra system fits? yes, i do. (now that you've pointed it out..why didnt i see this?)

i guess we all need a little nudge, to strengthen our communication...

talibad
06-28-2007, 01:51 PM
i dont think there really is a "right or wrong", i hate standards.

spiritualism? yes, i agree that there are some keys here to help us "let go" and achieve and come to realize what is within- and beyond.

do i think the relationship with the chakra system fits? yes, i do. (now that you've pointed it out..why didnt i see this?)

i guess we all need a little nudge, to strengthen our communication...

id marry you

Oversoul22
07-03-2007, 07:32 PM
I thought that Zeus' father was Chronos a Titan not Saturn. Am I right or did I just make an ass of myself for asking a stupid question?

bobbobbob
07-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I thought that Zeus' father was Chronos a Titan not Saturn. Am I right or did I just make an ass of myself for asking a stupid question?

Chronos = Saturn

Chronos is Greek and Saturn is latin.

Oversoul22
07-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Chronos = Saturn

Chronos is Greek and Saturn is latin.

Sorry don't know mythology. Thanks for the info.

Gently
07-07-2007, 08:46 PM
id marry you

people always ask me to marry them.

fraterps
07-08-2007, 12:36 AM
How many people know the origins of the names of the days of the week, and their astrological corrolaries? Huh...any takers?

I'll give you a hint...Saturday, Sunday, and Monday are obvious. The rest are found through Norse mythology.

Gently
07-10-2007, 06:35 PM
How many people know the origins of the names of the days of the week, and their astrological corrolaries? Huh...any takers?

I'll give you a hint...Saturday, Sunday, and Monday are obvious. The rest are found through Norse mythology.

ok.

i'm a taker.

uummm..nocoolnames
07-11-2007, 01:46 AM
Yup tool definitely does their research it really is amazing how complex their music is. Just imagine if all bands were about the music rather than the image.

lol
TRUE STORY OF THE WORD "SATURN" IN "THE GRUDGE"

mjk-hmm, something ascends.... guys i need a word here

danny, adam, justin-.......

mjk- something, anything?

danny- SATURN!!!

mjk- dude that sucks, i doesn't even make sense, anyone got something better

adam, justin - *blank stares*

mjk- fuck it, saturn it is

Gently
07-11-2007, 06:38 PM
yay! thanks! :D