PDA

View Full Version : in union

amenorakumo
01-24-2007, 01:24 PM
breathe in union.. i just had this thought.. when maynard speaks of this, hes talking about breathing in union with the song, letting go, riding the spiral. And then silence leeches (or legion) (or -ly just) stay out of my way. Hes speaking to the divided self, the ego, from the ego-transcendants POV. In another thread it was said that this is when it all musically comes together, and this is maynards expression of that, on a different level.

wearethestories
02-10-2007, 09:52 AM
breathe in union.. i just had this thought.. when maynard speaks of this, hes talking about breathing in union with the song, letting go, riding the spiral. And then silence leeches (or legion) (or -ly just) stay out of my way. Hes speaking to the divided self, the ego, from the ego-transcendants POV. In another thread it was said that this is when it all musically comes together, and this is maynards expression of that, on a different level.

ummmm...

pretty sure that this interpretation might be reading a little TOO much into the song as it relates not only to this album, but to past albums as well. There's really no contextual basis within "Jambi" for you to talk about letting go and riding the spiral. The whole song is in fact concerned with holding onto that which we are afraid to lose:

"But I would wish it all, away
If I thought I'd lose you just one day"

So as much as I applaud your struggle to find meaning, I think you might want to back it up a bit and go at it from a different angle.

panocha21
03-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Breed in union
Breed in union
Breed in union
Breed in union
Breed in union

Sow as one
Survive another day and season