PDA

View Full Version : Getting Aenima today!

TheInsideSource
06-23-2003, 02:44 AM
My third Tool purchase (the others being "Lateralus", "Undertow" and "Salival, in that order), I am really looking forward to getting this album...I have been waiting for a long time for the US version to be on sale over here in England and my local HMV has ONE copy in stock so I plan to go and buy it within the day......First I gotta take a shower then on the bus to ****** to collect Aenima and Christina Aguleira's Stripped for my sister's birthday present. Anyway, AENIMA.....WHOO HOO!!!! Can't wait to see the holograms and everything on the covers!!!!

brettmck10
06-29-2003, 10:52 PM
congrats on getting the album i know you guys are a little deprived of some good shit on your airways...never mind
first thing is listen to it, trance it up, tell all ya mates,
burn the fucken cd into flames and take photos of the holograms that gets produced by the disentergrating colaboration of colours that amasses, its even better than the inside cover material shit and while it burns it makes an incredible audio, something of a hidden track i think?????

now you know, set fire to everything and listen to the sounds of agony love sorrow hate down up inside outside...

a trip on its own

best wishes...oh a spliff is needed afterwards to inhance
the after effects

peace out

dueler25
07-16-2003, 06:41 PM
that was a fucked up post for sure.

why would you burn your tool albums?

well, i guess you sacrifice the things you love.

erazorhead
07-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Getting Aenima today!

thats the funniest thing ive seen all day!

Chris_Brightwell
07-16-2003, 08:02 PM
Man ... to hear Ænima again for the first time ...

I envy you. I truly do.

stalkingbutler
07-18-2003, 05:30 AM
Man ... to hear Ænima again for the first time ...

I envy you. I truly do.

The first time i heard it i thought it was bollocks, it took me ages to get into it. Now naturally, its my favourite album.
Does anyone else find that albums you originallly hate, you learn to love with greater passion then most other albums.

mendholsin
07-24-2003, 12:26 PM
the first time I heard Aenima...
I was driving home in the rain, an hour long drive, and I played it from beginning to end. I was moved to tears by H. It was better than my first orgasm. (maybe it WAS my first orgasm)

analognostic
07-24-2003, 07:02 PM
Such a lucky guy. Aenema was my first tool album, and i'm going to have to agree with stalking butler, at first I didn't appreciate it for what it actually was. I bought it solely on a whim after seeing the world premier of Stinkfist on MTV. I listened to it once through during a party and put it back in it's case. Things have obviously changed since then.

I can not fathom having a "tool" mindset and popping that thing in the CD player. I'm going to have to agree with stalking butler though, that I probably do love it even moreso because I didn't "get it" in the beginning, and had to figure it out. Although I do envy the Inside source for being able to appreciate it straight out of the box. Amazing.

eulogy508
07-24-2003, 07:26 PM
I bought Aenima back in december and when listened to it a lot right away. I basically loved it from the start... It became a ritual for me to put on aenima while i did my homework every day after school...

0sse
07-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Mah...
The first time I heard AENIMA was on my 14th birthday.. at like 12:30 at night. August 16th.
Scared the SHIT out of me.
I wish I could get that feeling.
Cesaro Sumability really disturbed me.

Martin
07-26-2003, 12:30 PM
My third Tool purchase (the others being "Lateralus", "Undertow" and "Salival, in that order), I am really looking forward to getting this album...I have been waiting for a long time for the US version to be on sale over here in England and my local HMV has ONE copy in stock so I plan to go and buy it within the day......First I gotta take a shower then on the bus to ****** to collect Aenima and Christina Aguleira's Stripped for my sister's birthday present. Anyway, AENIMA.....WHOO HOO!!!! Can't wait to see the holograms and everything on the covers!!!!

You're in for a great experience. Ænima was my first album, I loved it right away.

Damn! I have to get the US version as well. Aah, holograms... *drools in Homer Simpson manner*

bnlsla
07-31-2003, 01:56 AM
Ænima was my first TOOL album too, only i didnt buy it i borrowed it from my brother, well actually i got stuck with it. I went on vacation and forgot my cd case and all i had was misfits and my brothers Ænima, well i dont need to tell you theres only so much misfits a person can take so I popped in some TOOL, i listend to TOOL before from my brother but i never "listened" to it. Well that week i acutually listened to it and my god, it was so awesome i couldnt get enough, that was such an awesome experience spending those next few months listening to Ænima over and over, going through each song as one of my favorites. i mean the lyrics the music the way it all combines, only one word to describe it "Beautiful" and ive been hooked on TOOL ever since.

that was back in 98

3rd.eye.cov
12-26-2003, 06:18 AM
my first time..

i downloaded some random tool tracks from kazaa a LONG time ago, but i pretty much hated them, and my computer ended up getting erased.

so after wanting to learn about tool from all that i heard about them, i went onto shareaza and downloaded the entire ænima album. it took a while to get used to. i dont think it ever fully seeped in until i had the official CD with the holograms and the liner notes and everything. when i bought that, hmmmm, that was sometime in october i believe.

sometime in november i bought lateralus ( after downloading it ) and that too had a better effect on me when i had the real version of it. just bought undertow a few weeks ago.

so now im a toolhead.

.::robin::.