PDA

View Full Version : Happiness keeps me alive?

parable522
06-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Someone please help me. I have read the lyric sheets over and over again but they don't help. On the chorus before the guitar solo towards the end, he says "Hatred keeps me alive....... ????????? Keeps me alive. Guilt keeps me alive at the bottom." then comes the guitar solo. I cannot figure out what this word is. Here is a short list of words it could be.

Happiness
Helplesness
Haplesness
Holiness
Tolerance
Hairyness.

It REALLY sounds like happiness, but why would it be thrown in there with a song that uses mainly negative adjectives. (i.e. Hatred, fear, guilt, etc. etc.)

........................................I know it's not hairyness, i was kidding.

Binah3
06-30-2003, 09:53 PM
The word is hatred.

Hatred keeps me alive, weakness keeps me alive, Guilt keeps me a live at the bottom.

PRNinja23
07-01-2003, 07:28 AM
I was puzzled by this one at first, but I've got an interpretation for myself. The "Bottom" is a state of mind when you come to see that you have no control over drugs & alcohol and they are destroying you. The "bottom" is when you realize you've experienced spiritual death.

When you get to that stage, you have few emotions left with which to interpret the world. You've got all this guilt from messing up your life, you hate everyone because they interfere with your drug use, and you're weakened further each day. The only other emotion you have there is happiness - which you need the drug/drink to activate, and this "happiness" becomes your sole motivation for living. Some people kill themselves at the bottom because they can't even feel the happiness anymore.

timifendrix
07-15-2003, 06:34 PM
the word is probably happiness.

....om gona kick you inda back!
------------------TIMMY-------------

xergotx
07-16-2003, 05:20 AM
hatred keeps me alive
UGLINESS keeps me alive
weakness keeps me alive
guilt keeps me alive at the bottooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmm!

im_naked_and_fearless
08-15-2003, 01:33 PM
right after he says "hatred keeps me alive" he then says "how can this keep me alive"

Cylith
11-10-2003, 05:25 PM
The "ugliness" is not a bad idea, though it doesn't sound quite right.

I always heard him say "Hungerness," but I didn't really think that was right (I don't think that's even a real word, lol)...it's just what is sounded like he was singing, to me.

right after he says "hatred keeps me alive" he then says "how can this keep me alive"

I just listened to the song and this seems to be what he is saying. I'm going to assume it's this from now on, unless someone can show it's something else.

seeker
12-05-2003, 09:54 AM
i think it's "hairy asses keep me alive"

AllforUnity
12-05-2003, 12:55 PM
Haha...that's rediculous. But still funny.

ManInBlack
12-11-2003, 07:20 PM
This lyrical misunderstanding fits perfectly with my theory. In Wraith ghosts feed on all emotions, bad or good, and they would "keep him alive" in a state when the shadow takes control.

AllforUnity
12-13-2003, 12:13 AM
You've got a thing for these shadows huh Man in Black?

magdalena_jane
01-07-2004, 11:09 AM
I was puzzled by this one at first, but I've got an interpretation for myself. The "Bottom" is a state of mind when you come to see that you have no control over drugs & alcohol and they are destroying you. The "bottom" is when you realize you've experienced spiritual death.

When you get to that stage, you have few emotions left with which to interpret the world. You've got all this guilt from messing up your life, you hate everyone because they interfere with your drug use, and you're weakened further each day. The only other emotion you have there is happiness - which you need the drug/drink to activate, and this "happiness" becomes your sole motivation for living. Some people kill themselves at the bottom because they can't even feel the happiness anymore.

that was very nice, thank you.

AllforUnity
01-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Where did that come from?

IC
01-09-2004, 08:00 AM
ecidikill keeps me alive
dog max sneezes a light
jared talvako bakes me a pie,
here I get high off a monk fish!!

IC
01-09-2004, 08:00 AM
THAT is obviously what he says..

Graced Imagery
08-28-2004, 12:07 PM
I always flip-flop between:

"How can this keep me alive"
"Ugliness keeps me alive"
"Having less keeps me alive"

I listened very closely, but it doesn't seem he's saying happiness.. he might mean to say it though, he may have just fucked up.

scummonk
10-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Just look at the lyrics on this site, jeez.